Prohibited colors?

CatholicLady

Lol, I'm sorry guys. I'm embarrassed for having asked something so silly! I'm pretty sure I've heard that before somewhere and I just always assumed it was for modesty purposes and probably only practiced amongst the more conservative Mormons... 

You might be thinking of the Warren Jeffs group, which calls itself the Fundamentalist LDS and forbids wearing red.  They also practice polygamy and wear pioneer style clothing.  

That group has 0% to do with the mainstream Mormon church (which would excommunicate you instantly for polygamy).  

You might be thinking of the Warren Jeffs group, which calls itself the Fundamentalist LDS and forbids wearing red.  They also practice polygamy and wear pioneer style clothing.  

That group has 0% to do with the mainstream Mormon church (which would excommunicate you instantly for polygamy).  

I had totally forgotten that about FLDS.  They don't wear red because that is the color Jesus is to wear when He returns.

I had no idea.

Incidentally, I recently read a book called "Escape" about a lady who escaped Warren Jeffs and his cronies (and then helped take them down and testified against them in court) with her 8 kids and $20 in her pocket. It was riveting. That's a pretty messed up non-likeness to Mormonism. 

The thing is, as wrong as he is, Warren Jeffs truly believes what he believes.

I'm not sure that's true. I think he found a way to gain all of the power he could, and take advantage of young girls and women under the guise of being a prophet. Anything I have read or seen about him doesn't show me a man of faith.