Where in the world have you been! :)

Pa Pa

Countries...

USA

England

France

West Germany (at the time when I was there)

East Germany (same as above)

Holland

Austria

Switzerland

Mexico

Honduras

Grand Cayman Islands

Belize

Canada

States...

Georgia

South Carolina

North Carolina

Virginia

Delaware

Pennsylvania

Washington D.C.

Washington State

Ohio

Kentucky

Tennessee

Indiana

Illinois

Florida

Alabama

Mississippi

Louisiana

Arkansas

Oklahoma

Texas

New Mexico

Arizona

Utah

Colorado

Wyoming

Nebraska

Iowa

Alaska

Temples...visited

Atlanta

Alabama

Washing D.C.

Swiss (sealed to my wife here)

London

Vernal

Bountiful

Salt Lack City

Orlando

Ogden

Provo

Here is my list...how about yours?

If I think of new destination I will edit. So far the list makes me feel old and tired...:)

Never been out of the USA.

Only states i can claim are Utah, Nevada and California.

Temples i've been inside include St. George, Salt Lake City and Manti.  There are more if you count the ones i've been to but not inside, but they are all in the state of Utah.

Yeah, haven't been around much.  Never seen the ocean.  Never flown in a plane.  I don't mind.  I love my home.

All U.S. states except Alaska, Montana, North Dakota, Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont.

Iceland and all major countries in western Europe except Portugal, Norway, Ireland, and the microstates Andorra, San Marino, Liechtenstein, and Monaco. 

Canada and Mexico.

Russia and the Czech Republic.

I've run (jogged) in most of these places as well.  I once knew of someone (a friend of a friend) who had run marathons in all 50 states.  I was impressed.

Countries:

Scotland

England

Wales

France

Germany

Spain

Gambia

USA

States:

New York

Florida

Temples:

Preston

London

Orlando

I feel that everyone who grew up in a country that doesn't have high levels of poverty (against the international poverty line) should visit a country that does at some point early on in their life. I know my attitude changed considerably when I visited Gambia for the first time at the age of ~12.

Edited by Mahone

Never been out of the USA.

Only states i can claim are Utah, Nevada and California.

Temples i've been inside include St. George, Salt Lake City and Manti. There are more if you count the ones i've been to but not inside, but they are all in the state of Utah.

Yeah, haven't been around much. Never seen the ocean. Never flown in a plane. I don't mind. I love my home.

There is time to get around. Up until 18, I had only been to a few States. Then when I joined the Army, I flew on medivac helicopter and of course fixed wing where the Gov't wanted me for the eight years served. The travel in the U.S. was vacations and delivering 2 of my kids to the MTC, we drove both times. What you say about home is true. No matter where I have been traveling, no matter how wonderful the sites and sounds...there is indeed NO PLACE LIKE HOME. :) Heard a great line from the movie, "Terms of Endearment", Shirley McClain is speaking to Jack the Astronaut both discussing life...she then says, "but you have walked on the moon", to which he replies "and you have walked on the Earth, it is a much nicer place". The point of the story is; "There is no place like home"...tap heels three times. :) Edited by Pa Pa

The point of the story is; "There is no place like home"...tap heels three times. :)

A while back I read a story in the newspaper about an elderly woman in San Francisco who had died at the age of 90, and she had never left San Francisco.  As I recall, she had never even traveled to many other important parts of the city.

Wasn't there a Russian short story about some guy who stays in one room for like 20 years on a bet, and he walks out a day before he'd win the bet as a sign of intellectual indifference to worldly things?

Travel is a great luxury of modern times, even if you only travel to neighboring states.

Countries = Canada and USA

Provinces = British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan

States = Montana, Idaho, Utah and Minnesota

Temples = Calgary, Alberta; Cardston, Alberta; Logan, Utah; Provo, Utah; Ogden Utah; Bountiful, Utah; Salt Lake City, Utah. I drove past the Edmonton, Alberta temple every day for four months but never made it inside.

Countries:

US

Canada

Mexico

Germany--where I served my mission.  My oldest daughter also served there.  I had a son stationed there too.

France

Netherlands

Italy

Switzerland

Austria

England

Belgium--only rode a train through, didn't have time to stop

South Korea--And I could see into North Korea from the DMZ

States:

California

Nevada

Utah

Oregon

Washington

Arizona

Colorado

Wyoming

Montana

Idaho

New Mexico

Texas

Tennessee

Missouri

Pennsylvania

Illinois

Virginia or West Virginia  (not sure one or the other, or both)

Maryland

New York

New Jersey

Temples where I've been through a session or sealing.  Those that I remember:

St. George, Salt Lake, Manti, Logan, Ogden, Provo, Bountiful, Jordan River, Mt. Timpanogos, Reno, Seattle, Cardston, Swiss, London, So. Korea, Washington DC, Idaho Falls, Las Vegas

I've visited many other temple grounds but didn't have a chance to do a session.  To name a few:

Oakland, LA, San Diego, Portland, Sacramento, Draper, Oquirrh Hills, Brigham City

My flight benefits for working for a major airline has helped tremendously in my travel plans.  I have learned to travel frugally and on a strict budget.  There are many more Countries and States on my bucket list.

A while back I read a story in the newspaper about an elderly woman in San Francisco who had died at the age of 90, and she had never left San Francisco.  As I recall, she had never even traveled to many other important parts of the city.

Wasn't there a Russian short story about some guy who stays in one room for like 20 years on a bet, and he walks out a day before he'd win the bet as a sign of intellectual indifference to worldly things?

Travel is a great luxury of modern times, even if you only travel to neighboring states.

I would love to do more traveling if I could afford it.

Like Nauvoo next year?   :)

I was just going to post this^.  Also, Pam, I think we need to make a trip to Scotland, Ireland, and Wales.  And if we can, maybe take the Chunnel over to France.  What do you think?  In a couple of years maybe?

I was just going to post this^.  Also, Pam, I think we need to make a trip to Scotland, Ireland, and Wales.  And if we can, maybe take the Chunnel over to France.  What do you think?  In a couple of years maybe?

I'm all for it.  Those are places I've always wanted to go. Well France not so much but England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales.  Boy would I have to do some major saving of pennies.  Well maybe more than just pennies.  :)

Most of the U.S. and...

Philippines

Thailand

Indonesia

Malaysia

Singapore

Taiwan

Hong Kong

China

Japan

Portugal

Spain

France

Italy

Germany

Switzerland

Ireland

Scotland

UK, Wales

Morocco

Mexico and a couple other places in South America

Canada

Egypt

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

I think the train is called the Eurostar now.  I took it from Paris to London for a day trip a few years ago, and it was a lot of fun.  You have to clear British customs in Paris before you board, and the British customs agent thought I was totally insane for going to London for the day.  But then he saw my American passport and muttered something like, "Well, that explains it."  

So I was in London for only six hours.  I saw St. Paul's and the British Museum and did a lot of Christmas shopping and (most importantly) saw the site where they filmed the TV show "Black Books."  (Netflix has it, and it's a riotously funny Britcom... highly recommended.)

states: Utah, Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, Montana, North and South Dakota, Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho, Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Washington DC, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Maryland, South Carolina, Hawaii,  Georgia and Florida ( if you count the airports)

Soon will add North Carolina, West Virginia, Delaware and New Jersey...maybe more. (We're moving to Virginia for a year.)

Countries: US, Mexico, England, Scotland, Wales, France, Belgium, Lichtenstein, Austria, Switzerland, Spain, Germany, Italy, Israel, Greece, Argentina, and the airport in Peru

Temples: Inside- Salt Lake, Jordan River, Logan, Ogden, Provo, Brigham City, Bountiful, Idaho Falls, Rexburg, St. George, St. Paul MInnesota, Nauvoo. Outside- Manti, Boise, Omaha, Seattle, Los Angeles, San Diego, Hawaii, London and maybe more than I can't remember.

Edited by carlimac

I am not nearly as well-traveled as many of you.

States I have lived in, visited, or driven through (DT):

Washington

Alaska

Oregon

California

Idaho

Montana

Wyoming

Utah

Colorado

Nevada

Arizona

New Mexico (DT)

Texas

Oklahoma (DT)

Missouri

Kansas (DT)

Nebraska

Kentucky (DT)

Tennessee (DT)

South Dakota (DT)

Minnesota (DT)

Iowa (DT)

Arkansas (DT)

Illinois

Indiana (DT)

Ohio

Pennsylvania

New York

Massachusetts

Delaware

Maryland/DC

Virginia

West Virginia (DT)

Florida

Countries I have visited outside the US:

Canada

Mexico

Italy

France

Temples I have gone through or been in for ordinances:

Seattle

Columbia River (Richland)

Portland

Manti

Provo

Salt Lake

DC

The problem with living in a country that is not your homeland is that... everytime I get a vacation, I end up going home... so I don't get to travel to many different places.

Countries:  Philippines, USA, Canada, Mexico, Carribean and Virgin Islands, Singapore, Japan, Hongkong (before it became China), China, South Korea, Russia, Germany.

States:  Hawaii, California, Nevada, Florida, Georgia, N and S Carolina, Virginia and W Virginia, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Tennessee, Kentucky, Indiana, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maine, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, and Washington DC.