LDS Facebook groups or pages

pam

I'm just curious what LDS facebook pages you have "liked" or what LDS facebook groups you have joined and why?

I don't want to get into any negative discussions of any of the pages or groups.  Since my full time job is in the LDS social media field, many of my friends are the owners and admins of many of the pages and groups out there.

As I'm always trying to find ways to improve those pages that I admin, I'm curious as to which ones you follow and why.

I'm not going to be much help, but...

1. I don't do FB any more (couldn't stand seeing what people had for breakfast, endless baby pictures, pet tricks and all the other non-sense).
2. So both my wife and I had/have likes to "Local" LDS FB pages: Our Stake Page, the Ward Primary, Relief Society.
3. Why do/did we like them, because they were "Local". 

Again, not much help, but it is something. Good luck Pam!

Edited by NeedleinA

11 hours ago, Ironhold said:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/523765677776014/

This is one of the groups that was formed last year when Beliefnet shut down its message board. 

Given who the primary poster appears to be, I'm very happy not to have any part in that group.

Edited by Vort

12 hours ago, mirkwood said:

This one (and associated pages), LDS GLO, Nauvoo, Easy Preparedness LLC and there were a couple of others I don't remember the names.  One was about LDS Last Days stuff and one was preparedness.  I dropped the last days one, too many freaks.

GLO has a facebook group?  Yay!  Just sent a join request. 

I'm curious as to which ones you follow and why.

If you have a hobby or interest or favorite show or something, sometimes it can be easy to wander into the "wrong type" of facebook fan group.  I've had good luck with my various weird passions, by searching for LDS-oriented groups.  They'll usually have forum rules more LDS friendly, while still giving you a place to talk about whatever.  Examples:

LDS Star Wars

LDS Super Geeks

And of course, my personal favorite: Pam's Weight Loss and Healthy Living Support Group

1 hour ago, NeuroTypical said:

If you have a hobby or interest or favorite show or something, sometimes it can be easy to wander into the "wrong type" of facebook fan group.  I've had good luck with my various weird passions, by searching for LDS-oriented groups.  They'll usually have forum rules more LDS friendly, while still giving you a place to talk about whatever.  Examples:

LDS Star Wars

LDS Super Geeks

And of course, my personal favorite: Pam's Weight Loss and Healthy Living Support Group

Strange. I can't find LDS Jerusalem Artichokes or LDS Molten Salt Reactors.

15 hours ago, NeedleinA said:

Just asked my wife again. She likes "Ponderizing Saints". Likes it because it gives here a "daily" quote / scripture. Little two second uplift for the day. 

Might I also recommend to your wife this facebook page if she likes daily quotes:

https://www.facebook.com/LDSImages/

I have a lot of different LDS Facebook pages that come up on my feed.  I don't know that I have joined many of them, but I will often "like" their posts. Some of the posts I have "liked" are from: Ask Gramps, LDS Images, Mormon Women Stand, Mormon Pioneers, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Mormon Temples, BYU (Brigham Young University), Morsels of Bread, and of course LDS.Net.  There's probably more, but those were the most recent.

Guest LiterateParakeet

I have "liked" some LDS pages, including Ask Gramps, but I prefer groups over pages, because I can interact and share things (as well as read what others share).  

I belong to an LDS survivors group and 

Latter Day Saints For Racial Equality

Black LDS

LDS Writer's Circle

LDS Homeschool Connections

and of course my ward and stake pages

LDS Gospel Conversations (It used to have a different name, but recently got changed)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/272196199602826/

Ask Gramps (I did a LIKE on it... not a place to join... at least I didn't see one)

https://www.facebook.com/AskGramps/?fref=ts

LDS Gospel Doctrine Daily

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ldsgospeldoctrinedaily/

I think there are a few more... just haven't checked. LOL

2 hours ago, mirkwood said:

I thought that one and the preparedness one we are on were associated with lds.net

Nope. They are owned by the same company but totally separate from each other.  Nothing is associated with lds.net facebook page but the lds.net facebook page. :)