After a date, you are at the door, then what?? Dating 101

NeedleinA

My wife and I will be speaking to the YW & YM this week about dating. Our part of the presentation deals with, "What do you do at the door after you date?". I'm always hesitate in sharing our personal story since we met when we were 16yrs old and ended up lip locking on our first date at the door. We tend to be the "exception to the rule, not the rule" as far as high school sweet hearts sticking together go, so I don't want to give false hope or encourage youth to do deep exclusive dating either.  

So, what would you share? If you were presenting this to your own youth, what would you suggest? If you are currently dating what do you do? We have ideas, but we would love to hear your thoughts!! 

Thanks in advance!

Guest MormonGator
15 minutes ago, Backroads said:

Er... I tended to also lip lock on first dates...

32 minutes ago, NeedleinA said:

I'm always hesitate in sharing our personal story since we met when we were 16yrs old and ended up lip locking on our first date at the door.

I'm very disappointed in both of you. Do your current bishops know your past "infractions"? Immediate excommunication for you both! 

8 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

I'm very disappointed in both of you. Do your current bishops know your past "infractions"? Immediate excommunication for you both!

My reptilian friend, have you ever heard of repentance and atonement?

(Not just kidding, but in regard to you, it's a joke.)

Lehi

Guest MormonGator
10 minutes ago, LeSellers said:

My reptilian friend, have you ever heard of repentance and atonement?

(Not just kidding, but in regard to you, it's a joke.)

Lehi

With your past indiscretions you must know all about those two processes LeSellers!

(total joke everyone. LeSellers is a fine person, so are Needle and Backroads. All in good fun) 

Edited by MormonGator

9 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

With your past indiscretions you must know all about those two processes [repentance and atonement] LeSellers!

Fortunately (and unfortunately), I do.

Lehi

Edited by LeSellers

Guest MormonGator
9 minutes ago, LeSellers said:

Fortunately (and unfortunately), I do.

Lehi

See LeSellers, that's where we are so vastly different. I'm perfect. Never done anything wrong in my life. 

2 hours ago, NeedleinA said:

My wife and I will be speaking to the YW & YM this week about dating. Our part of the presentation deals with, "What do you do at the door after you date?". I'm always hesitate in sharing our personal story since we met when we were 16yrs old and ended up lip locking on our first date at the door. We tend to be the "exception to the rule, not the rule" as far as high school sweet hearts sticking together go, so I don't want to give false hope or encourage youth to do deep exclusive dating either.  

So, what would you share? If you were presenting this to your own youth, what would you suggest? If you are currently dating what do you do? We have ideas, but we would love to hear your thoughts!! 

Thanks in advance!

Do what we all do. Refuse to discuss your personal history. Give the party line in the lesson. 

Guest MormonGator
24 minutes ago, Sunday21 said:

I once told an lds young man that I was dating that I would not lower my standards just because I was married. He almost fainted!

That was me world. It's why Sunday and I never had a date number 2. 

2 hours ago, Sunday21 said:

Do what we all do. Refuse to discuss your personal history. Give the party line in the lesson. 

Okay Sunday21... what is the party line? You are not getting off that easy:D

1 hour ago, Eowyn said:

Knuckles and a wave. :) I never kissed on the first date, and that's the truth! 

Is this backhanded knuckles showing like the Queen of England wave OR balled up fist knuckles and wave?

3 hours ago, Vort said:

A firm handshake and a quick, non-lingering pat on the back.

This is probably the closest that I would tell my own kids, especially if I had a blonde haired daughter!

Thank you everyone for all the funny comments... now you can see why my wife and I are like..."uuuhhh? what do we really say?"
In all seriousness, I think Vort & Eowyn are the closest to our initial thoughts. Something to the effect of, the date is over at that point, so don't drag it out. Let them know you had a good time (assuming you did), shake their hand, "good night" and walk away. 

Guest MormonGator
56 minutes ago, pam said:

@Vort  Yep that's about how I remember them.   Of course at my age, that's probably really what they would look like.  :lol:

Pam, the moment they re-allow polygamy-we're going to an Oakland Raiders game. In Oakland. Against the Chargers. Now THAT is a date. 

8 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

Pam, the moment they re-allow polygamy-we're going to an Oakland Raiders game. In Oakland. Against the Chargers. Now THAT is a date. 

Like heck we are.  It would have to be in San Diego.

58 minutes ago, Eowyn said:

Knuckles

panel3_web_smaller.jpg

55 minutes ago, pam said:

So a fist pump.

Ooooh, fist pump!! I guess in Middle Earth it is like, "Whilst thou givest me a "knukles" me lady?"

Edited by NeedleinA