Celebrating our questionable musical tastes

Vort

Guest MormonGator
9 minutes ago, mirkwood said:

I don't feel guilty about any of the bands I like.  How does one feel guilty for loving bands like Rush, Blue Oyster Cult and Buckethead...among so many others.

Rubbish Mirkwood. Last time we hung out you were more into 90's boy bands. It was truly the "last time" we hung out!!!!!

33 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

Rubbish Mirkwood. Last time we hung out you were more into 90's boy bands. It was truly the "last time" we hung out!!!!!

Well, I've never really heard of Iced Earth or Anthrax, who peaked in the 90's, as boy bands...although they are all boys...except Joey Belladonna, the jury is out on him.

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 1:20 PM, Vort said:

And as long as we're talking about Def Leppard (which, let's face it, liking pretty much any of their songs demonstrates questionable musical taste):

Can some kindly mod please change my thread title from "music" to "musical", as I had intended but somehow got wrong?

Too Late For Love is very good-could use a little editing.  Too repetitious-lopsided in that way. Now, 'Bringin' On The Heartbreak' that's one fine song. 

From my 'patch jacket':  

df_zpsh2cmq9wv.JPG

Edited by lonetree

Guest MormonGator
8 hours ago, anatess2 said:

And while we're on the Big Hair era... DON'T JUDGE!  Hah hah!  I do love these guys but yeah, I'm not admitting that in person.

Whenever anyone says "don't judge me" they know they are doing something wrong. Nelson? Really Anatess? REALLY?!

Guest MormonGator
8 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

Does it make it better that I can sing and play their songs on my guitar?  LOL!!!

That's it. We can no longer be friends. I can't even tell people I know you! 

(just playing everyone) 

Guest MormonGator
15 minutes ago, Vort said:

Then you're going to run screaming from me.

That okay Vort, we were never friends to begin with anyway. Ever since you stole my bike in 5th grade. 

20 hours ago, MormonGator said:

I think my biggest guilty pleasure is Disturbed. I can only take them in small doses

I generally can't stand scream singing. I don't get it. It's horrible for the vocal chords, and jarring to me. But this guy has pipes, and uses it just right here, if you're going to use it. If this is what heavy metal is now, I'm on board. ;)

Guest MormonGator
8 minutes ago, Eowyn said:

I generally can't stand scream singing. I don't get it. It's horrible for the vocal chords, and jarring to me. But this guy has pipes, and uses it just right here, if you're going to use it. If this is what heavy metal is now, I'm on board. ;)

I love the original from Simon and Garfunkel but I don't like this version. A bit too melodramatic for me. 

As for the metal thing-I'll see you in the mosh pit girl. 

10 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

I love the original from Simon and Garfunkel but I don't like this version. A bit too melodramatic for me. 

As for the metal thing-I'll see you in the mosh pit girl. 

Ha! I don't know about that. My brother and I are going to see our current favorite, Milk Carton Kids, in a week. I'm so excited. Mosh pit music it is not... more like Simon & Garfunkel meets... something else. I'm a sucker for a good acoustic guitar. They are really, really talented, but probably a bit mellow for this crowd. Wickedly funny between songs, though. 

Guest Godless
29 minutes ago, Eowyn said:

Lol, my wife and I were floored when both of our moms posted the original video for that song on Facebook. I'm with Gator though, the original is better. And no, I wouldn't quite say that that's what metal is now. Not when there's still bands like Children of Bodom, 3 Inches of Blood, and Hammerfall.

Guest Godless
33 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

Now, when we're gonna go screamo... this is my guilty pleasure.  Guilty because... uhm, yeah, Hello Kitty meets Screamo is super awesome but Hello Kitty-wearing Screamo is... gulp.

I see your Ladybaby and raise you... BABYMETAL!

On 4/19/2016 at 1:41 PM, MormonGator said:
On 4/19/2016 at 1:50 PM, An Investigator said:

I agree! I went to fancy dress at work dressed as a pregnant Gene Simmons.. Half the office didn't know who I was and I felt old lol 

Rick Allen is not the thunder god. There is only one God of Thunder, and that is Gene Simmons. 

For some reason, I kept reading this as "Richard Simmons." 

Guest MormonGator
43 minutes ago, Jedi_Nephite said:

For some reason, I kept reading this as "Richard Simmons." 

We can no longer be friends. Blasphemy! Blasphemy! 

(Just playing Jedi. My car license plate is a Star Wars reference!) 

Gene Simmons... Richard Simmons... Brian Johnson... Axl Rose...  

...the world is just becoming too-two-2 confusing-a-place with all these transpositions... transvestitures... trocodarians.....

... I feel like I'm going over the edge... or gaga... or... or.  or... 

Edited by theSQUIDSTER
spelling enhancements