Am I overreacting?

Guest MormonGator
1 hour ago, yjacket said:

Yes please don't.  I don't need my head to get big, beware pride-personally my biggest sin and issue.

That's okay dude. I'll knock you down a few pegs. Your singing voice is awful, your personality scares women and children, and don't get me started about your political views. 

(playing! I have nothing but respect for @yjacket, and I agree with many of his political views!) 

Edited by MormonGator

39 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

That's okay dude. I'll knock you down a few pegs. Your singing voice is awful, your personality scares women and children, and don't get me started about your political views. 

(playing! I have nothing but respect for @yjacket, and I agree with many of his political views!) 

His penmanship is atrocious

6 hours ago, Lilyflowers88 said:

Y'all caught me. I've been caught. Great job. Maybe I didn't want people judging me as much as all of you have. You have hardly taken into consideration my side of the story, claiming that it was a stupid decision and that I'm dramatic and immature. So I really don't want to post on this account anymore and I don't really appreciate the negative comments. Thank you for the few helpful comments, but I think that I can handle this. 

Not being your parent, I'm somewhat amused. But dang if you were my daughter, I'd seriously consider a lifetime ban from all screens. Get it under control lil chickie!

Edited by Blueskye2

I’m not trying to make any particular point here on one side or the other and I’ve only read the first three pages of this discussion. I’m just mentioning a few scriptures that it might be interesting to think about.

On the side of the YW leaders we have

7 Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore hear the word at my mouth, and give them warning from me.

18  When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.

19  Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.

20  Again, When a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumblingblock before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand.

21  Nevertheless if thou warn the righteous man, that the righteous sin not, and he doth not sin, he shall surely live, because he is warned; also thou hast delivered thy soul.

and

What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same.

And

88  And if thy brother or sister offend thee, thou shalt take him or her between him or her and thee alone; and if he or she confess thou shalt be reconciled.

89  And if he or she confess not thou shalt deliver him or her up unto the church, not to the members, but to the elders.  And it shall be done in a meeting, and that not before the world.

90  And if thy brother or sister offend many, he or she shall be chastened before many.

91  And if any one offend openly, he or she shall be rebuked openly, that he or she may be ashamed.  And if he or she confess not, he or she shall be delivered up unto the law of God.

92  If any shall offend in secret, he or she shall be rebuked in secret, that he or she may have opportunity to confess in secret to him or her whom he or she has offended, and to God, that the church may not speak reproachfully of him or her.

93  And thus shall ye conduct in all things.

And on the side of the parents we have

And again, inasmuch as parents have children in Zion, or in any of her stakes which are organized, that teach them not to understand the doctrine of repentance, faith in Christ the Son of the living God, and of baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost by the laying on of the hands, when eight years old, the sin be upon the heads of the parents.

26  For this shall be a law unto the inhabitants of Zion, or in any of her stakes which are organized.

27  And their children shall be baptized for the remission of their sins when eight years old, and receive the laying on of the hands.

28  And they (the parents) shall also teach their children to pray, and to walk uprightly before the Lord.

40  But I have commanded you to bring up your children in light and truth. (The commandment is to the parents)

Of course these verses are not definitive in preferring one course of action over another, nor are they completely analogous but I think they might be worth thinking about when trying to decide the rightness or wrongness of what happened.

Guest MormonGator
42 minutes ago, yjacket said:

lol . . .very funny.  I love it.  

Very glad you can take some good natured razzing my friend. Just to reiterate, I have nothing but respect for you.  

13 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

Very glad you can take some good natured razzing my friend. Just to reiterate, I have nothing but respect for you.  

Thank you MG.  I also have nothing but respect for you too. The same goes for pretty much everyone on this board.

Yes, I do get into with just about everyone from time to time, I get upset, they get upset at me. Sometimes I'm right, sometimes they're right-it's a message board with people from diverse experiences, past, etc.  It's gonna happen and IMO it gives life a little bit of spice-so while I get might get ticked I get over it.

But one thing I'm positive of is that just about everyone here has a firm faith in Christ and those who don't are encouraged (in a good way) to obtain one. We've all had our struggles, trials, etc. and for that and their faith, I have deep respect for-even if we disagree on a whole host of other issues.

14 minutes ago, zil said:
22 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

Just to reiterate, I have nothing but respect for you.

...and Aretha Franklin.

V!
A!
C!
A!
T-I-O-N!
In the summer sun!

Oh. Wait. Wrong spelling-the-word-out song.

R-O-C-K in the USA!

Uh,

D-I-V-O-R-C-E

No, that's not right.

S! A! T-U-R! D-A-Y! NIGHT!

Whatever. Stupid spelling song.

So Lilyflowers88 went away. Too bad. I wonder, though, how much of anything to believe regarding her recent and less-recent postings. Considering her (former) board name, I kind of wonder if she was a 29-year-old woman just playing with everyone on this board. Or a 54-year-old man with a female avatar. Or something weird like that.

Late to the party here.  If NOT in the US, you can file a police report in some nations.  In some nations (especially Europe) What they did was illegal.  That may be a little more than one wants to do (pressing charges), but it can be a pretty serious offense.

It wouldn't go far in Idaho, Utah, or Arizona, but in some nations, what they did would bring possible jail time.  It could be a rather serious offense.

I actually have a very different problem.  I try inviting the parents to anything and everything (interview, please come with your kids.  Activities, I'd LOVE to see the parents).  Getting the parents to actually come with their children...I get VERY little to actually do this (and in many cases get a LOT of push back...afterall...why do they need to come with their children.  I suppose I should be gratified that they have this much trust...but I know I didn't with my kids).

On 4/18/2017 at 7:50 PM, Guest said:

Y'all caught me. I've been caught. Great job. Maybe I didn't want people judging me as much as all of you have. You have hardly taken into consideration my side of the story, claiming that it was a stupid decision and that I'm dramatic and immature. So I really don't want to post on this account anymore and I don't really appreciate the negative comments. Thank you for the few helpful comments, but I think that I can handle this. 

@Bill (Papa) Lee @JohnsonJones

The OP lied.  The OP was either a 17 year-old girl pretending to be her mother telling this story (and the story may or may not have been true), or a complete sock poppet.  Don't know which but regardless the OP completely misrepresented who she was. 

22 minutes ago, yjacket said:

@Bill (Papa) Lee @JohnsonJones

The OP lied.  The OP was either a 17 year-old girl pretending to be her mother telling this story (and the story may or may not have been true), or a complete sock poppet.  Don't know which but regardless the OP completely misrepresented who she was. 

So sorry, I was responding to another thread and commented on this...seems I am just a screw up! So let me go back and see what this thread says and repent. 

On 4/17/2017 at 1:44 PM, Vort said:

This is a bridge too far. There was no illegal activity, certainly no kidnapping,

Depends on the state; at least in Texas a good prosecutor could make a class A misdemeanor for unlawful restraint stick here.  She was taken to a place by deception where she likely wouldn't have gone willingly if the truth of the destination and reason had been known up front.  (There's no indication she was made to stay there, other than by lack of another way to get home, which would have qualified for "abduction" under Texas' definitions.)  

There's simply no legitimate excuse for lying to a parent about where and why you're taking their daughter unless the destination is a medical and/or law enforcement facility for the purpose of investigating possible abuse that the parent is believed to be involved or complicit in.

Well, maybe if you're helping her buy mom's birthday present or setting up her surprise party, but even then, you need to be very careful.

Edited by NightSG

• pam unfeatured this topic