One Word to Describe YOU

Imagine you're in a job interview.  At the conclusion, the interviewer asks you,"What one word can you give me to describe you in a manner that I won't forget you?"

Carborendum:  Pathfinder.

What would you say?

Edited by Guest

Listener. I used to be a financial analyst. I would listen carefully to the dreams of Marketers and draw various scenarios in numbers to describe the dream. I now use the same method in visiting teaching and with my students. People need to be heard. 

Eccentric.  

(I guess that is a bad thing to tell an employer, but people are always telling me I seem to be marching to the beat of a different drummer)

Edited by DoctorLemon

34 minutes ago, Just_A_Guy said:

(I do my necktie in an Eldredge knot for job interviews, specifically to be subtly memorable.)

Too much effort.  Why would you even take the time to learn it?

4 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

Too much effort.  Why would you even take the time to learn it?

It's actually not as hard as the diagrams make it look.  I stumbled on a good YouTube tutorial a while ago. 

(I also just got my dream job a couple months ago; so it does work. ;) )

Edited by Just_A_Guy

Mormon

Where I live, the statistical chance that someone else would use this word is near zero.  If this word was offensive to the interviewer, I don't want to work for them anyway.  If they interpret the ideals behind it, as many of my current bosses and co-workers do, scout-law-esque, then it would be to my advantage.  Regardless, chances are they would remember it!  I have no qualms with my religion being a factor for or against my being hired in today's society (even though it's technically illegal).  Thus far, it has come up in every serious employment endeavor I've ever had, and the times it affected me negatively, I'm glad I found employment elsewhere.

Anecdote:  At my current employer's annual retreat, they always purchase yoohoo as a special option since I don't drink alcohol.  Interestingly, it's now pretty much the only ever time I drink the stuff.  When I went to the first retreat they came to me and asked what special item I would like them to bring to drink.  They were thinking alcohol, it didn't cross my mind and I essentially said, "I don't know. . . yoohoo!"  They laughed, then thought it was awesome.  There has been yoohoo every year since, and others have joined in on the enjoyment as well.  :cool:

53 minutes ago, person0 said:

Mormon

Where I live, the statistical chance that someone else would use this word is near zero.  If this word was offensive to the interviewer, I don't want to work for them anyway.  If they interpret the ideals behind it, as many of my current bosses and co-workers do, scout-law-esque, then it would be to my advantage.  Regardless, chances are they would remember it!  I have no qualms with my religion being a factor for or against my being hired in today's society (even though it's technically illegal).  Thus far, it has come up in every serious employment endeavor I've ever had, and the times it affected me negatively, I'm glad I found employment elsewhere.

Anecdote:  At my current employer's annual retreat, they always purchase yoohoo as a special option since I don't drink alcohol.  Interestingly, it's now pretty much the only ever time I drink the stuff.  When I went to the first retreat they came to me and asked what special item I would like them to bring to drink.  They were thinking alcohol, it didn't cross my mind and I essentially said, "I don't know. . . yoohoo!"  They laughed, then thought it was awesome.  There has been yoohoo every year since, and others have joined in on the enjoyment as well.  :cool:

What the heck is Yoohoo?

At a party at my work, there was alcohol free punch and the spiked punch. No one drank the alcohol free. But the place is a bunch of drunks lol. Beer and booze are everywhere. I drink water or diet dr. P.  (The beer and booze is too high in calories!)

Edited by Blueskye2

3 hours ago, person0 said:

fe46aa58de1ffd1c46ca178109825d2d.jpgone-does-not-f08wlf.jpg

Only one of the most enjoyable, mostly artificial, 'secret recipe' chocolate flavored drinks known to man!  :D  Wikipedia Article.  Official Website.

I don't know how you drink that stuff.  It's vile.  It's nasty.  It's repugnant, offensive, noxious, appalling, disgusting, horrid, atrocious, ghastly (looks up more words in thesaurus) abominable... looks like I got all the others.

IOW, you know how I said I was beginning to like you?  Forget it.

Edited by Guest

29 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

I don't know how you drink that stuff.  It's vile.  It's nasty.  It's repugnant, offensive, noxious, appalling, disgusting, horrid, atrocious, ghastly (looks up more words in thesaurus) abominable... looks like I got all the others.

IOW, you know how I said I was beginning to like you?  Forget it.

So if I'm understanding correctly, I interpret your words to mean that if you were trapped in a room full of yoo-hoo and there was no other beverage or source of water, your preferred method of hydration would be proctoclysis?:P:eek: