Funny Comic

Tyme

Guest MormonGator
3 minutes ago, Fether said:

Is it just me or has there been an increase in political discussion on the forum lately?

I think it's because a lot of us (myself included) are interested in it. 

Political discussions???

How about combining both politics and religion!?  At the dinner table over thanksgiving Turkey...that's sure to bring some massive arguments!!!

:angel:

LOL

One of my grandsons showed this to me.  He thought with my more liberal senses (not totally liberal, but leaning more that way than many members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) I would find it funny.  View this as funny then instead of getting angry at it...

Warning though, it is a little more on the language than I prefer, or in it's usage.  Technically correct usage, but not exactly how I normally view a righteous usage of it at one part.

[Moderator edit - let's try to not profane our Lord and Savior here please.]

Edited by NeuroTypical

On 11/19/2018 at 3:14 AM, JohnsonJones said:

Political discussions???

How about combining both politics and religion!?  At the dinner table over thanksgiving Turkey...that's sure to bring some massive arguments!!!

:angel:

LOL

One of my grandsons showed this to me.  He thought with my more liberal senses (not totally liberal, but leaning more that way than many members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) I would find it funny.  View this as funny then instead of getting angry at it...

Warning though, it is a little more on the language than I prefer, or in it's usage.  Technically correct usage, but not exactly how I normally view a righteous usage of it at one part.

This was dumb and inaccurate.

Edited by NeuroTypical

On 11/27/2018 at 1:50 PM, Tyme said:

image.png.fb1364a98cfd316a21be08d8dd5c5c88.png

This isn't political humor, this is stinging powerful rhetoric that needs to be taken seriously.  Here's me taking it seriously:  First and foremost, this is fake news.  Her real quote:

“I spent my entire adult life looking out for the well-being, the training, the equipping of the troops for whom I was responsible,” she continued. “Sadly, this is something that the current occupant of the Oval Office does not seem to care to do — and I will not be lectured about what our military needs by a five-deferment draft dodger.”

Once someone has lied/made crap up that sounds good, in order to score some political point, they've crossed a line.  Hey Tyme - you strike me as someone with a moral compass, and more than a few brain cells to rub together, so tell me: Where did you get this picture, and what are you going to do about it?  You have been lied to, and have passed along a lie as truth - how do you feel about being used as someone's puppet?

Edited by NeuroTypical

3 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

This isn't political humor, this is stinging powerful rhetoric that needs to be taken seriously.  Here's me taking it seriously:  First and foremost, this is fake news.  Her real quote:

Once someone has lied/made crap up that sounds good, in order to score some political point, they've crossed a line.  Hey Tyme - you strike me as someone with a moral compass, and more than a few brain cells to rub together, so tell me: Where did you get this picture, and what are you going to do about it?  You have been lied to, and have passed along a lie as truth - how do you feel about being used as someone's puppet?

Google

Guest MormonGator
4 minutes ago, Tyme said:

Google

Before you Google anything, you should put it through Snopes. I love Snopes for many reasons, but one reason is that both the right and the left claim they are biased against them. In other words, they are usually 100% accurate. 

32 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

Before you Google anything, you should put it through Snopes. I love Snopes for many reasons, but one reason is that both the right and the left claim they are biased against them. In other words, they are usually 100% accurate. 

Usually Snopes is the first item up for bid on Google. lol

Guest MormonGator
1 minute ago, Emmanuel Goldstein said:

Usually Snopes is the first item up for bid on Google. lol

I love how they are called "A Soros funded tool for the left" and a "shill for the right" depending on who they debunk. There isn't much of a difference between a thin skinned, conspiracy minded liberal and a thin skinned, conspiracy minded conservative. 

6 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

I love how they are called "A Soros funded tool for the left" and a "shill for the right" depending on who they debunk. There isn't much of a difference between a thin skinned, conspiracy minded liberal and a thin skinned, conspiracy minded conservative. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kalevleetaru/2016/12/22/the-daily-mail-snopes-story-and-fact-checking-the-fact-checkers/#258c122227f8

1 minute ago, MormonGator said:

You just proved my point. Fussy conservatives (You) dislike Snopes and I'm waiting for someone on the left to post the same kind of thing. 

Snopes is responsible for Trump winning the election.

There you go, but I don't think people who know me would believe I had become a liberal. lol

Guest MormonGator

I'm old enough to remember liberals whining about Snopes being a tool for the right when they were debunking fake news about Sarah Palin. 

It's classic confirmation bias. We only believe the news when it's beneficial to our already held views to do so. 

I believe once in a while it has been shown Snopes has not just been wrong, but comically wrong.

At least early on Snopes was operated by a few people, with far more items to fact check then they could probably fact check on their own.

Over time, at least from what I hear, it's been seen to have a definite Liberal slant. 

Of course, what is funny is that people consider Fox News conservative.

They did a study (it has been a while) where they showed that almost ALL the news stations today were liberal, and Fox News was actually pretty near the center as well...and at certain times spots was ALSO liberal.  It only became conservative with some of the more conservative and sensationalistic talk shows they hosted.

I believe that report said that PBS had the most neutral news of all the news reported at that time (I believe this was prior to 2010). 

It could be that things have changed today and Fox News is far more conservative.

I like to use BBC and Sky News.  They probably count as liberal today as well (though I think some would say Sky News is more conservative) but gives me an idea of what people outside the US are thinking about the US.  It's funny how much US news they talk about.