Sign in to follow this  
Still_Small_Voice

Website Was Down Over the Weekend

Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, Still_Small_Voice said:

When I tried to get to this website (https://www.thirdhour.org) over the weekend I was getting redirected to a pornography website.  Anyone else have the same experience?

Indeed. I kept clicking on the variations of the "No" button when popups kept asking me if I wanted to drop security or whatever. Finally, after about twelve clicks, I was directed to a site with a shirtless young lady apparently requesting some favor of me. Not sure what, since I closed the window. (She probably wanted my shirt.) That was about the time I figured out that 3H wasn't, um, up.

Edited by Vort

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thirdhour had to be intentionally shut down for a while, apparently there was a massive hack against 1.6 million wordpress sites that needed to be dealt with.

Here's a reminder that we also have a Facebook page.  It doesn't take the place of the forums, but it's a place where people can be kept informed at times the site is down.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1680286298907600

You can join up there, and keep your anonymity here - I don't think there's a requirement to disclose your username or anything like that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank goodness my Norton blocked it all.  This is what happened if you didn't see it in the facebook group.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/massive-attack-against-16-million-wordpress-sites-underway/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Vort said:

Indeed. I kept clicking on the variations of the "No" button when popups kept asking me if I wanted to drop security or whatever. Finally, after about twelve clicks, I was directed to a site with a shirtless young lady apparently requesting some favor of me. Not sure what, since I closed the window. (She probably wanted my shirt.) That was about the time I figured out that 3H wasn't, um, up.

I do not remember what pornography came up on my screen, but it was not a topless woman.  My mind knew the website was hacked when the vulgar images came up and I closed it almost as soon as it came up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

You can join up there, and keep your anonymity here - I don't think there's a requirement to disclose your username or anything like that.  

No requirement of course, but I think there was a thread started where we all said who we are. Like you said though, not mandatory. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LDSGator said:

No requirement of course, but I think there was a thread started where we all said who we are. Like you said though, not mandatory. 

I always pictured you as Jack Black. I dont want that image to be ruined.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fether said:

I always pictured you as Jack Black. I dont want that image to be ruined.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

 

sorry bro. I’m much thinner than he is, much prettier, and probably shorter! But his character in High Fidelity is oddly like me. 

Edited by LDSGator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this