Forum Featured Topics

clbent04

Why is the only featured topic on here a post about covid vaccines from May 2021?  I'm all for keeping that one up there, but there's really no other posts to feature besides that?

Has site activity gone down?

image.thumb.png.54cdcfc83ce4ed8694b932f3e3e587f7.png

Edited by clbent04

27 minutes ago, LDSGator said:

Not really. I think posters come and go, like they do with other forums. The best way to combat a slow forum is to take matters into your hand and post more/be more involved. 

Pretty much.

I've been on forums that continued to be "active" for years after the bulk of the users left for one reason or another. What kept the ones who remained was an overall sense of community and purpose. 

7 minutes ago, Ironhold said:

Pretty much.

I've been on forums that continued to be "active" for years after the bulk of the users left for one reason or another. What kept the ones who remained was an overall sense of community and purpose. 

Exactly. 

You’ll never find a forum (or a community) where you agree with everyone and everything 100% of the time. We should be grateful that the More Good foundation keeps this one going. I know I’ve been incredibly blessed by the people I’ve met here. 

11 minutes ago, LDSGator said:

Exactly. 

You’ll never find a forum (or a community) where you agree with everyone and everything 100% of the time. We should be grateful that the More Good foundation keeps this one going. I know I’ve been incredibly blessed by the people I’ve met here. 

As it is, there's the question of what anyone here might be doing to help promote the forums to others. 

That also helps engagement. 

10 minutes ago, Ironhold said:

As it is, there's the question of what anyone here might be doing to help promote the forums to others. 

That also helps engagement. 

Totally fair. In church one time several years ago I told the quorum about Ask Gramps. Hopefully they checked it out afterwards. 

38 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

Just a (sad) reminder, the future of Thirdhour is a tad murky.

Whatever happens, I’m grateful for Third Hour and the More Good Foundation. Might be a good idea to swap emails, Facebooks, phone numbers with everyone soon though. 😞 

Edited by LDSGator

This may be a little to hip and cool for you old geezers…. But Discord is an INCREDIBLE and free platform. It’s more of an organized chat room than a forum, but I have found a few Latter-day Saint groups there. I don’t stick around them though because I have to limit my addictions to a deliberate few 

5 hours ago, Fether said:

This may be a little to hip and cool for you old geezers…. But Discord is an INCREDIBLE and free platform. It’s more of an organized chat room than a forum, but I have found a few Latter-day Saint groups there. I don’t stick around them though because I have to limit my addictions to a deliberate few 

The only Latter-day Saint group I've seen there isn't very faithful.    I'll have to poke around more.

28 minutes ago, Fether said:

I found a Latter-day Saint video game group a while back that seemed to be full of faithful saints. 

the other more faithful groups are fairly small, but not any smaller than third hour. 

Living in 2022 is amazing, isn’t it? Thirty years ago if you wanted to find Latter Day Saint gamers you had better hope your ward has them. Now, we can reach out with people who share interests/values all over the world. 

10 hours ago, Vort said:

Discord. Sounds like a great place for Gospel discussion.

It was originally created for gamers, and was meant to be disruptive to other social media platforms. Hence the name.

Yes, I'm in several groups on Discord, including GWES, the Global Weather and Emergency Alert Society, where I'm a moderator.

https://discord.com/invite/P5WrGCEum8

For those who want to tinker with Discord before any possible move, here's an invite to the GWES Discord, where I'm one of the moderators. 

It's centered around STEM (specifically meteorology and the communications systems used to generate alerts), and has a number of radio and TV enthusiasts as well.