All the transgender hullaballoo

Backroads

28 minutes ago, LDSGator said:

Bonham’s kid was one of the headliners last night. It was like ordering Led Zeppelin on Wish. 

The only time I've seen Jason perform was when Led Zeppelin was being honored. I think it was the Kennedy Honors. Ann Wilson from Heart sang Stairway to Heaven and Jason performed on the drums for it.

9 hours ago, Grunt said:

I certainly haven't bought Bud Light in the past 2 months.

I was in Walmart last week, and the bud light display was comprised of several pallets of the stuff. The cost was 10.99 for a 24pk - absurdly cheap. But the real kicker was a $15 rebate card attached to each box. Basically, you would be getting paid $4 to take a case...and yet, the display was completely full.

9 hours ago, scottyg said:

I was in Walmart last week, and the bud light display was comprised of several pallets of the stuff. The cost was 10.99 for a 24pk - absurdly cheap. But the real kicker was a $15 rebate card attached to each box. Basically, you would be getting paid $4 to take a case...and yet, the display was completely full.

Local Wal-Mart was still charging full price, and likewise had everything still in place. 

I don't think anything is budging, either.

The possible demise of Bud Light doesn't accomplish anything positive for the good guys, whether your good guys are political conservatives/libertarians or Latter-day Saints. It's not like people will stop drinking beer, and it's not like Heineken is a bastion of moral or political sanity. AB's effort to "diversify" Bud Light was not done out of a misguided sense of moral leadership. It was a pure stab at getting more money. We may rejoice that their perverse money-making scheme didn't work, but it's kicking against the tide. In our generation, the moral turpitude of transgenderism has been completely covered up and even reversed, at least in western countries. Our hope for sanity lies in traditionally Muslim countries and <shudder> Asian demagogueries.

We have brought this upon ourselves, though for the life of me I can't think of decisions or actions by Latter-day Saints in past decades that could have reversed or even stemmed this tide of filth. I feel defeated and discouraged. Fortunately, I know that to be a sinful mindset, so I can condemn my own stupidity and hopefully flagellate myself back into good spirits. The beatings will continue etc.

Edited by Vort

14 minutes ago, Vort said:

The possible demise of Bud Light doesn't accomplish anything positive for the good guys, whether your good guys are political conservatives/libertarians or Latter-day Saints.

Oh, it’s a huge win for the right. I can’t think of another boycott that caused this amount of damage to a company. That said, I still think they’ll survive this long term. 

Guest Godless
5 minutes ago, LDSGator said:

Oh, it’s a huge win for the right. I can’t think of another boycott that caused this amount of damage to a company. That said, I still think they’ll survive this long term. 

I haven't seen exact numbers recently, but for a long time the second and third best-selling beers after Bud Light have been Michelob Ultra and Modelo Especial, both part of the Anhueser Busch family. I know some people have tried to expand their boycott to all ABI products, but a lot of people seem to be focusing only on Budweiser (which was already a dying brand) and Bud Light. 

23 hours ago, Ironhold said:

Local Wal-Mart was still charging full price, and likewise had everything still in place. 

I don't think anything is budging, either.

Different laws for different states.  I had a few bars back in the day.  We couldn't do ladies night or happy hour discounts because we couldn't sell alcohol for less than its cost.  

22 hours ago, Godless said:

I haven't seen exact numbers recently, but for a long time the second and third best-selling beers after Bud Light have been Michelob Ultra and Modelo Especial, both part of the Anhueser Busch family. I know some people have tried to expand their boycott to all ABI products, but a lot of people seem to be focusing only on Budweiser (which was already a dying brand) and Bud Light. 

At Bucc-ee’s there was a ton of Bud Light available. Then, I looked in the beer cooler and saw a lot of Coors, Modelo, and other beers available too. 

Maybe these viral pictures of unsold Bud Light are misleading? 

IMG_4099.jpeg

Edited by LDSGator

Guest Godless
2 hours ago, LDSGator said:

At Bucc-ee’s there was a ton of Bud Light available. Then, I looked in the beer cooler and saw a lot of Coors, Modelo, and other beers available too. 

Maybe these viral pictures of unsold Bud Light are misleading? 

IMG_4099.jpeg

At this point, the best thing stores/vendors can do is to keep displays and shelves intentionally sparse to create the illusion of good sales so that maybe people will forget about the boycott. I'm not saying it would work, but if I was selling a product that was being boycotted, I would do everything I could to make it look like the boycott wasn't working.

Just now, Godless said:

At this point, the best thing stores/vendors can do is to keep displays and shelves intentionally sparse to create the illusion of good sales so that maybe people will forget about the boycott. I'm not saying it would work, but if I was selling a product that was being boycotted, I would do everything I could to make it look like the boycott wasn't working.

Oh, agree 100%. I view it like an event promoter selling tickets. No matter how slow the tickets are selling, you need to act like everyone is going and things are peachy keen.