Everybody Loves Tarantulas

Carborendum

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Tarantulas_(BW)

Tarantulas (pronounced "tar-an-tu-luss") is a character from the Transformers franchise. 

He was first released circa 1996 as part of the first wave of toys from the "Transformers: Beast Wars" product line, and like most early characters his toy bio was completely ignored by Mainframe when they did the cartoon. They had him as a megalomaniacal mad scientist, and he was such an over-the-top villain that he became one of the more popular characters in the show. This has led to him getting various new toys over the years and even appearances in subsequent media. 

So yes, as a character he is quite beloved. 😇

The other day I had to end a class early because a 5-year-old girl was mourning her pet tarantula who had passed.

I hate spiders. Years ago, when I was running a nature lodge at camp, staff would bring some of their pets. One kid brought his tarantula. I told him he was completely in charge of caring for it.

Within two weeks that little guy rode around the nature area on my shoulder. We were good friends.

Edited by Backroads

On 11/23/2023 at 1:06 AM, LDSGator said:

IMG_2083.jpeg

I would so love to send one to my wife for Christmas. We'll...I wouldn't really. It would be mean, and I'd have a lot of repenting to do afterwards. But...amongst the guilt and remorse, there would be a tiny particle of pleasure. Not enough to make it worthwhile though.

*I polish my halo*

Edited by Jamie123

Just now, Jamie123 said:

I would so love to send one to my wife for Christmas. We'll...I wouldn't really. It would be mean, and I'd have a lot of repenting to do afterwards. But...amongst the guilt and remorse, there would be a tiny particlw of pleasure. But not enough to make it worthwhile. *I polish my halo*

Lol! And in other news, Mr. @Jamie123 needs a couch to crash on for the next few days! 

10 minutes ago, LDSGator said:

Lol! And in other news, Mr. @Jamie123 needs a couch to crash on for the next few days! 

Ah well, living arrangements would scarcely change. My wife left me about 6 months ago for...well, for a number of reasons, but mainly because she couldn't cope with my declining mental health. Things are as they are (more's the pity) but sending large arachnids to a chronic arachnophobe would not, I suspect, help much.

5 minutes ago, Jamie123 said:

Ah well, living arrangements would scarcely change. My wife left me about 6 months ago for...well, for a number of reasons, but mainly because she couldn't cope with my declining mental health. Things are as they are (more's the pity) but sending large arachnids to a chronic arachnophobe would not, I suspect, help much.

Sorry to hear that my friend. 😞 

Jamie123

• Jamie123
  • Members
  • Religion: Mormlican

Interesting religion, friend. Tell me more.

Let me add, I'm very sorry about my non-participation in the Book of Mormon thread(s). Very sorry. Poor time management on my part. I will strive earnestly to repent. (Seriously.)

Edited by Vort

19 minutes ago, Vort said:

Interesting religion, friend. Tell me more.

Just a little joke. It occurred to me that though Anglicanism is still deeply embedded in my life, I've recently been giving more attention to the Book of Mormon than to the Bible. Not that I've even giving enough attention to either, but the Book of Mormon has caught my imagination a lot. I keep thinking about the "stripling warriors". I'm not sure how great a father Helemon was to his actual children (I suspect a good one - he seems like that kind of man) but he was a great father figure to his men. They must have been a similar age to the students here at the university (the younger ones anyway) so however much I've mucked up as a father, I can still strive to be like Heleman and do my best for the students. Its quite an inspiration.