Break time-bye for now

Dr T

Many threads, many friends, many thoughts, many emotions, many unsaid things and many good memories. I want to thank everybody for interactions we had, good conversations, and great times here. I've cut WAY back as I'm trying to take a break from lds.net. I'm going to try but I'll check in now and then. There are very special people here that I'll miss BIG! thank u ALL for everything. Kisses to all. bye (for now) :bye::bearhug:

You were one of the few who welcomed me when I first joined a few days ago. And I thank you for that.

As for the time spent on the forums, I am fully aware of a term known as Screen-Sucked.

A good web site can have the tendency to screen-suck me into hours on the site, while my other responsibilities get put on the side burner. I am constantly looking at that little clock on my Start bar, and am amazed at how time flies on this site. I have to literally close the windows and reboot my computer.

In the early days of Prodigy, I used to have to pay for the long distance Internet connection. When my first phone bill came, the shocking reality of how many "minutes" I had spent online in an LDS group had a sobering effect for me. It wasn't the money so much, it was the "time" - which added up to 40 hours a week online. Yes, there are 168 hours in every week, but 40 hours is just too much when it comes at the cost of so many other responsibilities.

Thank you for your post. I am encouraged (again) to invest a nominal amount of time here, without getting screen-sucked into leaving my other responsibilities wanting.

My very best,

Michael

http://www.lds.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=9&pictureid=78

(First LDS Romance Novel I read as a new convert)

Thank you Dr T. You are a very courteous member of this forum. I hope I didn't scare you off. You signed off right after I posted in answer to one of your posts. I apologize if I have said or done anything offensive to you.

You have many friends here, including me, who would gladly welcome you back anytime. May the Lord truly bless you on your journey.

Darrel

Hey... looks like you will be missed by so many people on this board. I tried to go for a bit, too..but I just keep coming back to see what's happening, who has posted, who's in chat. lol! I'm like an addict! Anyway, like all the rest, I do hope that your break is short lived and partial... And I do promise, time will make it easier. Have a wonderful Sabbath day, Dr T. much love! smooches!

Wow! Doc T. you've been a great support and confidante for me on this site, I love your posts and opinions, look forward to seeing you back on the site one day...you'll fall back in the No. Of Posts race you know!

Please pass my best wishes to your wife and family :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody! For those that wished me well I want to say thank you very much :D I'm still on a break but I wanted to check in and answer my messages. I'm still alive (hey, no growning allowed hahaha) I'm not finished with my break yet but I will be returning sometime. I love this site and the people here. Kisses to all. C you when I return.