Explain your screen name/avatar,

Berean

I hope this is not a repeat but I think this is an interesting topic. Mine is a rather obscure Biblical reference...did anyone catch it?

The avatar is a drawing I did of my favorite musician Tom Waits...do *not* get me started on him or I will never shut up...:D:cool:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Godless

I must admit, I didn't initially put much thought into my screen name. I have another sn that I use on several other websites, including an ex-mormon website. That sn has been rejected on a couple of sites due to the fact that it can be linked (presumably by Google) to an atheist. I didn't want the admins here to think that I was an anti- due to the fact that I used that sn on a website that caters to antis, so I decided to try a new one.

In retrospect, I like the sn I use here because it's a blunt representation of my worldview. People hear the term "godless" and generally attach a negative connotation to it. I see no reason for this. I am a godless individual, yes, but I still consider myself to be a good person. As an atheist in a predominantly Christian society, I want to break the negative stigmas attached to my worldview.

My avatar is a design I came up with this past summer when I was contemplating a tattoo to get with my best friend. I wanted a red star tat, but I wanted it to be unique since everyone and their mom has a red star tat these days. I recently decided that it'd work nicely as an avatar as well.

Edited by Godless

Name: obscure F-Zero-GX reference. Reminds me of myself in many ways, so I keep it.

Avatar: just some nice picture I found somewhere. I spend a lot of time carving it out of the background, which means the background is transparent, but on a forum like this with only one theme it doesn't make much of a difference. :P

EDIT: I've been thinking of mirroring my avatar left-to-right so I'm not staring into the left edge of everybody's monitor, but I'm too lazy. :P

On other sites I'm Rapunzel (Rap for short). I probably registered that name here and forgot, and didn't come back for a while, and couldn't even remember that I had registered before. I'm not sure. Anyway, I couldn't register here as Rapunzel, which I am used to being called and feels more like my name than my real name sometimes. So I found something related that has a similar sound. Rampion is the vegetable that Rapunzel's mother just had to have so badly when she was pregnant, that she stole it from the witch.

The avatar is a picture of Rapunzel, of course. I had very long hair until I caught it on fire about a year ago and had to cut it. It's just now getting down to my waist again from shoulder-length a year ago. I relate to the Rapunzel story in more ways than just the hair, too.

This is interesting! LOL there isn't much to my name. If anything its really simple.

nc are my initials. My first name is Naysel pronounced (nice-cell) about 98.9 percent of people pronounce it wrong. And then 31410 was my lunch number in high school lol, its retarded. IDK why I even remember it still. haha, and my avatar is a picture of me.

Nothing special I know.

But simple is my middle name!! ;)

This is interesting! LOL there isn't much to my name. If anything its really simple.

nc are my initials. My first name is Naysel pronounced (nice-cell) about 98.9 percent of people pronounce it wrong. And then 31410 was my lunch number in high school lol, its retarded. IDK why I even remember it still. haha, and my avatar is a picture of me.

Nothing special I know.

But simple is my middle name!! ;)

haha I always thought it meant you were in North Carolina and that was your zip code.

My username is quite unique...you see..many many years ago, there was this beautiful baby girl born. It was a Sunday morning in eastern Oregon. I just sooooo identified with her that I took her name to use. Oh wait...that was me. haha

My avatar is just my absolute favorite character in the Shrek series.

OK it sounds like no one caught the reference, but it is pretty obscure. I thought it was spelled Borean but it is with an e...I like the o better but I would rather be correct than have the cooler name I guess. When Paul preached to the Bereans they checked out what he said in the scriptures for themselves and he thought that was cool. As you know the avatar is a drawing I did of my favorite singer Tom Waits that is now hanging in a burrito shop which is fantastic (the restaurant) BTW and if anyone actually visits me which would be *awesome* but unlikely since I live in a pretty but boring state...esecially cold this time of year, we would need to go there. He did not call it Big Mouth Burrito for nothing...the stuff is HUGE and more than just burritos. There is paper on one of the tables to draw on and he will provide the materials. The guy who runs the shop is super nice and has really good taste in music IMO.

So voila my screen name and avatar. :)

Hi Berean and welcome... good to see you beeing able to start a thread now and haveing all your member facilities!

My screen name... hehe... cause even if I had written my real name, the pronanuciation of it with english basics would be the same... :P

My username is quite unique...you see..many many years ago, there was this beautiful baby girl born. It was a Sunday morning in eastern Oregon. I just sooooo identified with her that I took her name to use. Oh wait...that was me. haha

My avatar is just my absolute favorite character in the Shrek series.

I am really surprised you can remember that far back....wow...that really was a long time ago....:lol::lol:

I'm a moderator on the Community of Christ board, and I know the frustration of a person coming in to "set us straight" and be deceptive about their motives and background. Think Trolls. I didn't want to give that impression here, so I wanted to it to be clear what my affiliations were. The cousin part comes from visiting the Kirtland area. On one Priesthood retreat we visited the LDS village and the sisters greated us their "cousins". At the Temple I have overheard many a parent explaining to their children that our churches are cousins. I thought that was cool, not of the same household, but family at some level. So, I'm cofchristcousin, aka Stacie

Edited by cofchristcousin

hmmm...

Well, I wasn't sure what to call myself.

My name is Ginger, my hair is Golden in the sun.

Simple as koolaid pie!

Koolaid Pie Recipe

1 can of sweet condensed milk

1 pack of Koolaid (your favorite of course)

1 small container Cool Whip

1 graham cracker pie crust

In a bowl, mix together sweet condensed milk and Koolaid

Get your pie crust out and ready.

Mix Cool Whip in with the colorful milk/Koolaide mixture

It will begin getting stiff

Plop into crust

Cover and put in frig

Eat & enjoy!

Kids of all ages generally love this!

We make them at Christmas, and other times for a treat.

*edit to explain avy:

I like stained glass, purple and think peacock feathers are pretty.

I went searching for stained glass avys and this is the one I choose to use here.

:D

Edited by GingerGolden

I hope this is not a repeat but I think this is an interesting topic. Mine is a rather obscure Biblical reference...did anyone catch it?

The avatar is a drawing I did of my favorite musician Tom Waits...do *not* get me started on him or I will never shut up...:D:cool:

My love for my eternal brother Joseph Smith. ;)

"Jamie" is short for James - my middle name. Some people know me as "Jamie" in real life.

My avatar is "Titch and Quackers", an almost-forgotten British kids' TV show from the late 60's and early 70's, which features in some of my earliest childhood memories. This is the only picture of them I have ever been able to find on the web.