What did you get for Christmas?

beefche

My fave gift was the blu-ray of Fletch.

My least favorite was the result after dyeing my own hair--I got bright orange hair! EEK! Second attempt has darkened my hair with just a hint of red/orange--I can deal with this until I see my professional hair stylist to fix my ineptness.

I was so blessed this Christmas! My parents got me 3 attachments for my KA mixer, two that I asked for (a dough hook and the food processor attachment) and one that I didn't even know they made: an ice cream maker! I thought that was so awesome, and my kids can't wait to use it! :)

My DH got me the Canon Rebel camera that I've been wanting for *years*. Our point-and-shoot camera has been starting to show signs of age, so I'm excited for the upgrade. :)

My kids' picks were very sweet too. My daughter picked out a pair of very comfy fleece PJ's, and my oldest son got me a fleece robe. I love them.

I'm excited that all of the gifts I picked out for my family went over well too. My DH looooves the remote control helicopter I got him from Radio Shack, and we've already played the board games that we got for each of the kids.

It was a wonderful Christmas here. :)

The only not-so-great present was a pair of fuzzy socks DH got me that already had a hole in them. We still have the receipt though, so they'll be exchanged for a non-holey pair. :P

My favorite is also my least favorite. My husband got me the most beautiful, perfect coat. The cut is perfect, the color is perfect, even the buttons are pretty. But it's the wrong size, and the website where he got it doesn't have my size. :( In fact I've been searching all over the internet, and no one seems to. He got it at Overstock so I assume it isn't being made anymore. I'll spend today searching for a replacement because I need one, but I won't love any the way I love this coat.

He also got me a bracelet of fair trade freshwater pearls with a silver rose clasp, and a really pretty dress that fits me like a dream.

He did good. :)

For couples' Christmas we bought ourselves a new computer.

Everything else was just kind of fun stuff, which is good for me. It's hard to get excited over Christmas presents when you stop getting toys...

In my mother's words, her favorite Christmas present was getting all her kids in church at one time.

Let me tell you a story about those idiot helicopters...

Christmas 2010 - a year ago - my husband got my son a remote control helicopter. I told him he's too young for it but my husband said they'll play with the copter together and he'll teach our son how to work the thing. Anyway, midnight rolls around and my son went gaga over the remote control helicopter. My husband told him that when he wakes up in the morning he'll teach him how to work it - and he managed to extract a promise from my son not to touch the thing until my husband wakes up...

Yeah, you can probably guess what happened next...

We woke up Christmas morning to screaming kids... the helicopter sank right in the middle of the lake in the backyard. Yep. Of course my son flew the copter. He said he was just testing it out... yep. $100 didn't even last 5 minutes.

This year was better - we got that same kid a ripstik. He's never been on a skateboard/ripstik before ever. He got on the ripstik, found his balance in about 5 minutes and was doing tricks within the hour.

Me... I got what every girl wants - a pair of 4-inch high Michael Kors shoes. My husband has excellent taste in fashion.

And... the iPad2! Yep!

But, the best gift I got was the 10-day family vacation driving 3,000+ miles in the van without any video players. We didn't even get a chance to load the books on cd. We had such fun just talking and scenery-gazing... yep... for all of 3,000+ miles.

Let me tell you a story about those idiot helicopters...

Christmas 2010 - a year ago - my husband got my son a remote control helicopter. I told him he's too young for it but my husband said they'll play with the copter together and he'll teach our son how to work the thing. Anyway, midnight rolls around and my son went gaga over the remote control helicopter. My husband told him that when he wakes up in the morning he'll teach him how to work it - and he managed to extract a promise from my son not to touch the thing until my husband wakes up...

Yeah, you can probably guess what happened next...

We woke up Christmas morning to screaming kids... the helicopter sank right in the middle of the lake in the backyard. Yep. Of course my son flew the copter. He said he was just testing it out... yep. $100 didn't even last 5 minutes.

This year was better - we got that same kid a ripstik. He's never been on a skateboard/ripstik before ever. He got on the ripstik, found his balance in about 5 minutes and was doing tricks within the hour.

Me... I got what every girl wants - a pair of 4-inch high Michael Kors shoes. My husband has excellent taste in fashion.

And... the iPad2! Yep!

But, the best gift I got was the 10-day family vacation driving 3,000+ miles in the van without any video players. We didn't even get a chance to load the books on cd. We had such fun just talking and scenery-gazing... yep... for all of 3,000+ miles.

Thankfully the helicopter I got for DH was a cheap Black Friday deal, so if it breaks it's not too big of a loss. And it's tiny, so it's easy to keep hidden away from the kids, and is difficult to break. I'm more worried about IT breaking something (because the box says "Indoor Use Only!") than I am about it breaking itself. :lol:

Your DH did good! Those sound like nice shoes!

Our (DH and I) favourite gift this year was a money tree from my mum. Nothing like cold hard cash! And our most sentimental gift was a "Families are forever" carved wood plaque (with our names and our daughter's name on it) custom made by my father.

My husband got me a bag that I've wanted for a couple months and I love it! I enlarged 3 scenic photographs that he took during our vacation in Europe last summer and put them on canvas for him. I had never seen a bigger grin on his face :] It was a gift totally unexpected, since I tend to get him "toys" for Christmas.

I got a house full of happy children and a day of watching them play happily with thier loot.

I also got a happy husband that got most of his list.

I also got a super nice set of pots and pan, RED! Yeah! To go with colors I am tryi ngto set in my kitchen of red and yellow. Loved it. Also got movie tickets and a gift card to applebees. I am more than happy.

I think the best thing was cooking and making candy with the kids all day Friday and then driving around caroling and giving out plates of goodies for friends.