So Pam????

Canuck Mormon

Everybody be saying prayers, because there are more ways to die in [mod delete] than anywhere else in the world :D

It's the price to be paid to walk in a veritable wonderland of isolated evolution and natural wonder. I'm actually kind of jealous of Pam.

Edited by Loudmouth_Mormon

From the link:

Apparently, it’s that time of year again! You know. That time of year where your friends annoy the crap out of you by participating in some silly social media prank disguised as awareness. And lucky us! It’s about breast cancer AGAIN! Because as you know, there are so MANY people on FB still unaware that it exists and we have to raise consciousness because there are not enough pink balloons in the ariport. Ammirite!

Here is my weekly I-haven’t-had-enough-coffee-yet-but-I’m-still-talking video on the subject. Enjoy!

(Wingnut insert: there's a video on the page I didn't watch, and since it's embedded, I'm not including it here)

Slactivism. Definition from Urban dictionary: “The act of participating in obviously pointless activities as an expedient alternative to actually expending effort to fix a problem. Signing an email petition to stop rampant crime is slacktivism. Want to really make your community safer? Get off your *** and start a neighborhood watch!”

Text from image above that I read in the video:

Ok pretty ladies, it is that time of year again…support of breast cancer So we all remember last year’s game of writing your bra color as your status? Or the way we like to have our handbag handy? Last year, so many people took part that it made national news… and the constant updating of status reminded everyone why we’re doing this and helped raise awareness! Do NOT tell any males what the status means…keep them guessing!! And please copy and paste this in a message to all your female friends.The idea is to choose the month you were born and the day you were born. Pass this on to the GIRLS ONLY and let’s see how far it reaches around. The last one about the bra went around all over the world. YOUR STATUS SHOULD SAY: “I am going to Mexico for 21 months.” The month you were born is the Place you are going, and the day you were born should be how many months you are gone….

January – Mexico

February – London

March – Miami

April – Dominican Republic

May – Paris, France

June – Rome

July – Hawaii

August – California

September – New York

October – Puerto Rico

November – Las Vegas

December – Australia

Please do it, don’t be a spoil sport…show your awareness for Breast Cancer! Don’t forget to pass it on!

My response: No.

Is this helpful in any way? Am I a “spoil sport” for refusing to play along and for discussing it here, in front of men? Are we hiding this “TRUTH” from the men because we don’t want them to know that men can get breast cancer too? What better, more effective outreach could we do for breast cancer awareness?

The bra one was just a one-word post: the color.

The place in the house was where you leave your purse, but it came out quite suggestively (which was the point), because you would say something like this: "I like it on the kitchen table."

I was going to pitch my planned catchy campaign for colon health awareness to y'all; but then I figured I don't want to get banned just yet . . .

Edited by Just_A_Guy
Spelling. 'Cause I'm obsessive like that. Yeah . . .

It's all just a silly breast cancer game that has absolutely no meaning and no value. But I love the idea of really throwing people off. Which obviously it did since CM had to come to lds.net and post about it here. hahaha

Ok, just so I understand, this is supposed to be how it works, right?:

* Friends hear someone is going to move to another country for many months.

* Friends make the emotional exploding and much talk and interest is generated.

* Person eventually says "Actually, this is a breast cancer awareness thing - here's some info of which to be aware".

* The energy generated by the news of moving, is directed at learning stuff about breast cancer.

Is that the way it's supposed to work? Cuz I sort of missed step 3...