Awesome!

My resolution this year is to find more joy, even when everything seems to stink. So I give you a thread where we can share awesome things, big and little, that are happening for us.

Today I found a whole Oreo in my cookies and cream ice cream.

Now that is truly awesome!

My awesome moment came yesterday while teaching the 14-15 year olds in Sunday Schooi and its a bit personal. I was the substitute but all morning I was going to call someone and not go because I was in a lot of pain. It was particularly bad yesterday and Saturday. But I didn't and I went and I was blessing with about 1/2 hour of pain free while teaching the class.

I learned how to make laundry soap.

My resolution this year is to find more joy, even when everything seems to stink. So I give you a thread where we can share awesome things, big and little, that are happening for us.

lucky

One of my best friends had her baby this past week, after months of bed rest and intense pain. Her mom came into town on Saturday, and I sat with her (the mom) in Relief Society yesterday. Although I've only met my friend's mom twice before (this friend and I have known each other only a few years, but developed a strong friendship very quickly), she remembered specific details about me and my life and interests, and asked me about those specific things and how they were going. It made me feel special and important.

When I went to catch the bus, I didn't wait at all; it drove up while I was approaching the bus stop. When I transfered to the next bus, I waited only ten minutes or so and enjoyed reading a book about making metal castings. And when I got off the bus, I got to cross the street immediately, rather than having to wait for the crossing light. Little things that make a nice start to the week.

Oh, yes, and the Seahawks won.

I'm an OCD control freak, self diagnosed but I'm pretty sure a professional would come to the same conclusion. I tend to obsess over things being organised. I have a strict cleaning schedule and everything in our house has its place. I don't like any help with this because unless I do it, it's not done right. To point of thread, since my daughter has become two, she has really become quite the tornado. Let's just say, I'm never quite done picking up up or putting things away that she's got into. I do my best to keep a handle on it but it can get overwhelming. Well, my big AWESOME moment was when I sat down one day and decided not to lift a dang finger. I don't know if that was me surrendering or what but I did just that. My husband was so impressed that I hadn't vacuumed in two days. It's been really kind of therapeutic. We'll see how long I last just winging things but since the world didn't end after this weekend, I guess that's a good sign!

We woke up 1 hour late today... So, instead of my husband driving both kids to school, I drove one while he drove the other... which made me late for work too. So everybody was late. But, what is awesome about this is I gained a new appreciation for my husband having to deal with morning rush hour traffic...

And, I get to work in my son's classroom today! My son's teacher was just fine with me taking a kiddie-sized desk and chair to set up my work computer and do work while the class is in session. So, I get a renewed appreciation for the Montessori classroom. It is really amazing how the kids are very self-motivated and independent in the class. It's a Monday, so they get a new workplan and everybody went and organized their own individual schedules, did their class chores and since it's in the 70's today, the pets (tortoises and rabbits) get to play in the outside garden and several kids chose to bring their work in the garden and some of them decided to do some weed-pulling and general garden upkeep... and I get to stay in the garden for a bit too.

It's a beautiful day.

Eowyn, I want to thank you for this thread! I NEEDED this today.

I've had a lot of days lately of needing to "make my own sunshine". I hope we can all help each other do that! February can be rough.

I went in late to work today so that I could spend some time with my husband on his birthday. I'm grateful to have a job that allows for unplanned time off. I'll have to work late tomorrow but it was worth it. Oh, and so glad for free Grand Slams at Denny's.

Another day another awesome:

My hubby shoveled the sidewalk and driveway enough that grandson didn't have to walk in the snow out to the bus...and then a little trail to the driver's side door on the car so I wouldn't either. :) WhooHooo! What's awesome about this is he left to go plow snow at 4am.

We've had very little precipitation through the fall and winter this year, and prospects for our farmers aren't looking good. We've had area-wide fasts about it the last couple of months. So the steady snow today and this week's forecast are looking pretty awesome to me.

Seven_Day_full.JPG