HELP! I LACK POINTS!

writesong

I was just now looking at one of my earlier posts, and I was SHOCKED to learn that I had "0 Warning Points".

How can that be?

What do I have to do to earn Warning Points?

How many Warning Points must be accumulated to win a prize?

What sort of prizes are being awarded?

If I win a prize, am I required to pay taxes and/or tithing on it?

I'd be happy to give you some warning points if you are really wanting them.  And if you get 3 within a year's period you win an automatic ban from the site.

:lol: Short and precisely.

... PS   Wouldn't it be good if weather forecasts just were the same?

Edited by JimmiGerman

Until fairly recently, German, not Spanish or French, was the most popular foreign language in the US. I understand it was the most popular by quite a margin.

There are, of course, no compelling reasons for someone to learn a foreign language in the US. The most ones make it probably from a certain traditional understanding, e.g. if their ancestors once had come from Germany and they are interested in the language of their forefathers. Or of course the missionaries, and a practical use would be there in addition here.

Edited by JimmiGerman

There are, of course, no compelling reasons for someone to learn a foreign language in the US. The most ones make it probably from a certain traditional understanding, e.g. if their ancestors once had come from Germany and they are interested in the language of their forefathers. Or of course the missionaries, and a practical use would be there in addition here.

I agree, but only to a point.  I just returned from Germany in a depressed mood.  I made a real effort to speak only German with the people there, but if I groped even momentarily for a word or hesitated at all, the people instantly switched to English and refused to continue in German, even if I did.  I suppose there is a business case for this, because it speeds up transactions, but it saddened me immensely.  And I was shocked at how deeply English is now penetrating ordinary life in Europe.  I went to a big deparment store in Berlin (KaDeWe) and saw that their store directory was entirely in English.  At the Prague train station, announcements came out in Czech and then in heavily accented English.  I don't speak one word of Czech and yet I was able to move effortlessly through Prague and do whatever I wished without the slightest obstacle.

By the year 2050 I bet all universities in the world will be using only English for teaching and research, and by 2075 English will be spoken worldwide in the workplace, even among speakers who grew up speaking a local language.  English will be used across the globe the way it's used in India today.

There are still solid reasons for learning another language, though.  I've read that it can slow dementia and is good for brain health. 

Back to the original topic: how does one earn a Warning Point?  Would the use of certain obscene words cause the software to award a Warning Point without human attention, or does some human have to judge a post abusive?  Given my small brain and freely flapping tongue (or fingers, in this case), I'm rather surprised I'm still at zero, too.  Well, something to work towards.

Or if you live in Southern California. Spanglish is, I'm pretty sure, the official language here.