Special Snowflakes...

Ironhold

Guest MormonGator
3 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

Oh, they definitely have both oars in the water... one going clockwise the other going counter... going nowhere.  Hah hah.

lol. My brother is a Sanders supporter and he said once "Gator (he used my real name, he doesn't call me Gator) I'm a liberal. Not a social justice warrior!"

Now I call him a social justice warrior at every opportunity I can. 

2 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

By the way, just so we're all aware, Marina Joyce has declared herself god, and needs your help (with labor, planning, and money) to help her build her temple in Peru.  She wants it to be an eco-friendly temple.

I find it hilarious that this "god" wants people to advise her on how to do all this...

41 minutes ago, NightSG said:

When the State of New Jersey is the voice of reason in an argument, you know there's a lot of stupidity in it.

http://www.chicksontheright.com/lesbians-told-they-have-to-have-straight-sex-before-getting-fertility-treatment-coverage/?utm_source=FED&utm_medium=FED&utm_campaign=FED

I noticed the author censored herself with regard to a single word (male bovine excrement) near the end.  I can't think off the top of my head of another word that would accurately describe how messed up the idea is.

So if a boy (who identifies as a girl) is allowed on an all-girl overnight trip, and the students will be penalized for NOT going, then does that mean that any girl who does not wish to go on such a trip for religious reasons is being penalized for their religion?

12 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

So if a boy (who identifies as a girl) is allowed on an all-girl overnight trip, and the students will be penalized for NOT going, then does that mean that any girl who does not wish to go on such a trip for religious reasons is being penalized for their religion?

So, this is still about Public Schools, right?

The girl who does not wish to go on such a trip for religious reasons is not being penalized in the same manner that a girl who does not wish to go because she has to go on a school bus and it is against her religion to ride motorized vehicles is not being penalized.  Do you see the correlation?

21 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

So, this is still about Public Schools, right?

The girl who does not wish to go on such a trip for religious reasons is not being penalized in the same manner that a girl who does not wish to go because she has to go on a school bus and it is against her religion to ride motorized vehicles is not being penalized.  Do you see the correlation?

First, this was in response to @NightSG's last post.  It talked about this topic I asked about.

Second, no, the correlation is not real.  There are alternatives for the person who does not ride the bus.  There is no alternative for the overnighter.  Riding the bus is not a part of the school curriculum.  The overnighter often is.

Edited by Guest

15 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

First, this was in response to @NightSG's last post.  It talked about this topic I asked about.

Second, no, the correlation is not real.  There are alternatives for the person who does not ride the bus.  There is no alternative for the overnighter.  Riding the bus is not a part of the school curriculum.  The overnighter often is.

Okay - my understanding is that the person has a religious objection to an overnighter due to a sleeping arrangement.  That has alternatives as well.  I don't see a reason to grade where you sleep.

8 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

Okay - my understanding is that the person has a religious objection to an overnighter due to a sleeping arrangement.  That has alternatives as well.  I don't see a reason to grade where you sleep.

You seem to be stuck on the notion that this was an anti-public school rant of mine.  And you felt the need to defend public school.  Get out of that mindset and you may begin to understand what I'm saying.

The circumstance described in the article didn't say anything about alternatives.  History shows that such arrangements are sex dependent.  So anyone (boy or girl) who does not wish to sleep with someone of the opposite biological sex has no alternative.  So the only options are to go (and violate your beliefs) or not go (and the trip itself will have a direct affect on grades).

Edited by Guest

On 8/16/2016 at 1:00 PM, NightSG said:

When the State of New Jersey is the voice of reason in an argument, you know there's a lot of stupidity in it.

http://www.chicksontheright.com/lesbians-told-they-have-to-have-straight-sex-before-getting-fertility-treatment-coverage/?utm_source=FED&utm_medium=FED&utm_campaign=FED

"Hey unixknight, why did you start homeschooling your kid this year?"

Because I live in Maryland, one of the leftest lefty states in the Union.  That this nonsense hit SC before MD blows my mind but I'm not waiting around for the Thought Police to get at my daughter before I can respond.

On 8/16/2016 at 1:00 PM, NightSG said:

"Hey unixknight, why did you start homeschooling your kid this year?"

Because I live in Maryland, one of the leftest lefty states in the Union.  That this nonsense hit SC before MD blows my mind but I'm not waiting around for the Thought Police to get at my daughter before I can respond.

20 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

You seem to be stuck on the notion that this was an anti-public school rant of mine.  And you felt the need to defend public school.  Get out of that mindset and you may begin to understand what I'm saying.

The circumstance described in the article didn't say anything about alternatives.  History shows that such arrangements are sex dependent.  So anyone (boy or girl) who does not wish to sleep with someone of the opposite biological sex has no alternative.  So the only options are to go (and violate your beliefs) or not go (and the trip itself will have a direct affect on grades).

That is completely not my point!  You can make it private school if you want - but that has an easy out... you can choose which private school you send your kid to, so that's the big glaring alternative.

There are a ZILLION things schools do that are against someone's religious beliefs.  What do you do when a religious faith objects to learning Science because it is against their religious faith to be taught that the earth is not flat?  Are they penalized for their religious belief?  Do you see it that way?

This expands to Constitutional Law - sending a priest to prison instead of the monastery for crimes committed is against the Catholic faith.  Are they penalized under the Constitution for their religious faith when a priest ends up in prison?  Do you see it that way?

Edited by anatess2

28 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

That is completely not my point! 

Then perhaps you should actually read what is stated rather than making assumptions, because your earlier post had no basis in the circumstances being discussed.

1 hour ago, Carborendum said:

Absolutely not.  The SJWs would tell this reactionary fundamentalist to quit being such a snow flake.  (I was going to insert a smileycon, but I doubt they'd smile as they said it, nor that they would catch the irony and hypocrisy of their insistence).

26 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

Then perhaps you should actually read what is stated rather than making assumptions, because your earlier post had no basis in the circumstances being discussed.

I read this:

2 hours ago, Carborendum said:

That's not what we're discussing?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MormonGator
2 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

Yay - a win from the University of Chicago!  Good tone, great third paragraph.

acceptance_letter.jpg

They've had a conservative bend for awhile now. Isn't that where Friedman taught? 

If you have time and nobody's afoot, go to YouTube and look up "Hugh Mungous" or "Hugh Mungus". 

A special snowflake and her camera crew went to attend a public forum about whether or not to allocate funding for a new police facility. The actual media chose to interview a man who spoke in favor of the police, and so the snowflake decided to challenge him on the point. When asked his name, the guy - who didn't want to deal with her - simply said that his name was "Hugh Mungous". 

The snowflake flipped the snot out, accusing him of sexually harassing her. Her massive screaming fit ensued, at which point building security asked her to leave. She responded by accusing the security officials of assisting in her harassment. 

There are a lot of commentary videos in addition to the raw footage itself; most of those videos I've seen were NSFW, but I admit that a number of them were hilarious. 

If you have time and nobody's afoot, go to YouTube and look up "Hugh Mungous" or "Hugh Mungus". 

A special snowflake and her camera crew went to attend a public forum about whether or not to allocate funding for a new police facility. The actual media chose to interview a man who spoke in favor of the police, and so the snowflake decided to challenge him on the point. When asked his name, the guy - who didn't want to deal with her - simply said that his name was "Hugh Mungous". 

The snowflake flipped the snot out, accusing him of sexually harassing her. Her massive screaming fit ensued, at which point building security asked her to leave. She responded by accusing the security officials of assisting in her harassment. 

There are a lot of commentary videos in addition to the raw footage itself; most of those videos I've seen were NSFW, but I admit that a number of them were hilarious.