Armies Of Helaman

hocobo23

O.k. I am new to this forum and stuff but I just had a thougth occur to me that I thought was interesting:

So general conferance time is just around the corner yeah?! And we all know what that means right, protesters. I was wondering if you guys thought that there would be anything wrong with getting to temple square before the protesters with a couple hundred freinds of mine and taking all of the spots that the protesters take so there is nowhere as visable for them to protest... Thoughts please!

Having seen it firsthand, Dr. T, I can say that they are only there to shout, hold up posters, and rub temple garments on their bottoms. Literally. I tried to talk to a group of three of them once. They wouldn't even make eye contact, just kept right on yelling and waving their signs like I wasn't even there.

They're not Christians, no matter what their signs may say. <_<

O.k. I am new to this forum and stuff but I just had a thougth occur to me that I thought was interesting:

So general conferance time is just around the corner yeah?! And we all know what that means right, protesters. I was wondering if you guys thought that there would be anything wrong with getting to temple square before the protesters with a couple hundred freinds of mine and taking all of the spots that the protesters take so there is nowhere as visable for them to protest... Thoughts please!

The best thing to do is ignore them. Or you can sing hyms to help contrast who the real Christians are: Video Time

PS.

It's Army of Helaman (not plural).

Having seen the footage of these protesters, I've come to the view that they are not there to dialogue or even "talk civilly." I can't imagine Jesus or Paul taking their approach.

Just so everyone is clear though--they are not 'evangelicals.' They are "rapid fundamentalists." They'd probably protest my church for our demonic tongues-speech, if they did not have you to keep them occupied (thanks for the cover!).

I remember going to general conference when i was young and seeing these protestors and being so insulted and sick and angry and sad.

A year later i had some gothic kids at school come up to me and show me a Book of Mormon they had gotten off some missionaries for the purpose of drawing pagan symbols all over it and even burning it in front of me. To this day i feel sick thinking about it and incredibly guilty that i didnt do anything. I was only a sophomore and they were seniors, and i was struggling with my faith at the time, so i didnt do anything. Sad. They were so ignorant about what they were doing.

Do it. Take a bunch of friends-not to just take up the space but to engage them. Have a discussion with them all. Hear what they are saying and why they are there.

To what end?

They are there because they are bigoted loons. Is there any mystery to what they say and why there are there?

That's what bugs me the most about these "Concerned Christians" and those "Christians" that tear down others. Is that what Jesus would have done?

It's sad to see the guys scrape to cause conflict. My Jesus Christ that I believe in is a Prince of Peace and understanding. A God of love and the savior of my soul. This hate mongering is the antithesis of Christ.

What, you haven't read the lost gospel where Christ has the twelve apostles make up defamatory signs, and go picket outside the counterfeit temple in Samaria? :lol:

Seriously, the protesters are not following the Lord's example or demonstrating sincere love. As Christ said, we may know who his disciples are because they will have love one for another.

Has above referenced 'lost gospel' been accepted by the church as true scripture?

What is their purpose? Do they think we are brainwashed and want us to be 'saved?' Are they doing it to make themselves feel good and right?

Why dont they just get a life and let people worship who they will. I think everyone should allow others to believe what they want without condemnation and judgement for such worship. This applies to members as well.

I have been there and seen these people but I have never seen a 'clip' of them. :lol:

Thanks for the link 'clip' Dr. Steuss. There is no way to really describe what they do and this depicts it very well.

I wonder if the loud person would be so loud if you removed some of his layers. Take away his dark glasses and hat. The other man who appeared to be with him didn't have those on and he was much quieter.

Another thing, the women singing hymns, why were they roped off? I think that it would be great if the members going to conference joined in singing with these women. :D

I have been there and seen these people but I have never seen a 'clip' of them. :lol:

Thanks for the link 'clip' Dr. Steuss. There is no way to really describe what they do and this depicts it very well.

I wonder if the loud person would be so loud if you removed some of his layers. Take away his dark glasses and hat. The other man who appeared to be with him didn't have those on and he was much quieter.

Another thing, the women singing hymns, why were they roped off? I think that it would be great if the members going to conference joined in singing with these women. :D

Allen has put together quite a few little clips and photo essays on this "Christians." They can be found Here.

Edit:

By "Allen," I mean "Allen Wyatt." There's a lot of info on the page, so it might be easiest to just do a search for his name. Also, the first-hand account by Tiffany Wilde is a good read (she is a sister missionary).

• 4 weeks later...

What, you haven't read the lost gospel where Christ has the twelve apostles make up defamatory signs, and go picket outside the counterfeit temple in Samaria? :lol:

Seriously, the protesters are not following the Lord's example or demonstrating sincere love. As Christ said, we may know who his disciples are because they will have love one for another.

CK--

LOL---Seriously people around me at work are thinking I am losing my mind...very funny!

Having seen the footage of these protesters, I've come to the view that they are not there to dialogue or even "talk civilly." I can't imagine Jesus or Paul taking their approach.

Just so everyone is clear though--they are not 'evangelicals.' They are "rapid fundamentalists." They'd probably protest my church for our demonic tongues-speech, if they did not have you to keep them occupied (thanks for the cover!).

Hey PC....I agree with you....I too cannot see Jesus or Paul doing what they do.

<div class='quotemain'>

Hey PC....I agree with you....I too cannot see Jesus or Paul doing what they do.

....and the rest of what I said, too, right? You agree with the rest of it too, don't you??? :animatedthumbsup:

People like that just want a reaction. If you react to them whether its in a positive way or not they have what they want. They have riled you enough to come and talk to them. My husband said they protest about things that we dont support anyway, like abortion! Just ignore them.

Louisville Slugger makes a nice reaction

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

....and the rest of what I said, too, right? You agree with the rest of it too, don't you??? :animatedthumbsup:

sure why not........ :dontknow::dontknow::dontknow: