Tolerant liberals say you can't compliment a conservative friend

Vort

21 minutes ago, NeedleinA said:

Most tolerant liberals are only tolerant if you agree with them.

Wait, was that a compliment?  Are you allowed to complement intolerantly tolerant agreeably disagreeable liberals?  I thought you were supposed to offend them by complimenting tolerantly intolerant disagreeably agreeable conservatives in an offensive way.  Or something.

Guest MormonGator

If you get off the internet you'll see that there is a huge difference between your liberal neighbors (and you have them, living in Seattle) and the establishment left wing.  

Guest MormonGator
2 minutes ago, zil said:

Wait, I thought the right wing was the establishment.  Isn't the left wing the buffalo wing?

Speaking of buffalo wings, it's movie night in the compound, so start cooking. 

35 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

If you get off the internet you'll see that there is a huge difference between your liberal neighbors (and you have them, living in Seattle) and the establishment left wing.  

In what way? It wasn't "the establishment" that ripped into the coward who first complimented his friend, then backed down. Those were living, breathing neighbors of his.

Guest MormonGator
1 minute ago, Vort said:

In what way? It wasn't "the establishment" that ripped into the coward who first complimented his friend, then backed down. Those were living, breathing neighbors of his.

Go talk to them to find out. You'll find out that your average run of the mill liberal is more tolerant than a professor, 21 year old SJW, etc. 

Here's the thing-when you swim in a small pond and surround yourself with people who think the exact same way you do, you begin to delude yourself into thinking that "the only good people out there are those who agree with me." Yes, even LDS are guilty of this. When you live in the real world and actually step outside your circle, it forces you to interact with people who don't agree with you. Therefore, you begin to realize that yes, even though my liberal neighbors don't agree with me on politics, gosh, they are decent people. 

And yes, your liberal neighbor might run in a circle where everyone thinks the same way on everything.  That is just as sad.

59 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

When you live in the real world and actually step outside your circle,

What do you mean?
I have dinner w/ John Oliver twice a week, watch CNN 8 of the 7 days its on, go nude sun bathing with Trader Joes employees on Tuesday and Thursday. How much more do I have to do to be in the actual world? 🙂

1 minute ago, Sunday21 said:

Newsflash: We are intolerant of people whose opinions do not agree with our own

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/j.1467-9221.2012.00926.x

Jarret Crawford and Jane Pilanski = for sure both intolerant liberals 😉

Guest MormonGator
15 minutes ago, NeedleinA said:

What do you mean?
I have dinner w/ John Oliver twice a week, watch CNN 8 of the 7 days its on, go nude sun bathing with Trader Joes employees on Tuesday and Thursday. How much more do I have to do to be in the actual world? 🙂

Jarret Crawford and Jane Pilanski = for sure both intolerant liberals 😉

lol. 

I used to be naive enough to think that people would go out of their comfort zone and read things they disagree with/that challenge them. Yes-I was that naive.

Now, I know better. And yes, both sides are dead guilty of this. 

I think 90% of people only read what they already agree with, watch what they already agree with, listen to what they already agree with, are only friends with people who they agree with, etc. 

Sad. I try to be one of the 10%. 

Edited by MormonGator

Guest Scott
2 hours ago, LePeel said:

The political Left in the United States is the spearhead of the great and abominable Church. It is antithetical to the Kingdom of God at every point. It is obviously Satanic.

This seems about as tolerant as the original article in question.

18 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

Sad. I try to be one of the 10%. 

On a real note, I do try to mix things up a bit.
I really do watch John Oliver, shop occasionally at Trader Joes (over priced honestly), almost nude tan for a couple days before heading to any hot place destination vacation (in a private tanning salon or else I'm guaranteed to burn and waste my vacation), drink Dr. Pepper shaken not stirred on occasion, and have lunch with non-members 4 of the 5 work days each week.

Basically there is James Bond and myself living on the edge.🤘

Guest Scott
26 minutes ago, LePeel said:

Intolerance of pro-abortion, anti-family, anti-marriage, anti-chastity, anti-Christ, indolent, hedonistic, violent man-children is actually a virtue by my estimation.

I am an Independent, but most of that is a bunch of garbage and conservatives and liberals are both doing a lot of evil things.

51 minutes ago, Scott said:

I am an Independent, but most of that is a bunch of garbage and conservatives and liberals are both doing a lot of evil things.

How is that garbage? They are pro-abortion, they see family and marriage as old fashioned and/or oppressive/restrictive, they believe there's nothing wrong with sexual promiscuity, they are anti-religion (unless its Islam,) and they hate the principle of work. This is what they believe. The radical Left has become mainstream in the Democratic party with the preeminence of Bernie Sanders and the rise of people like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. The fringe has radicalized the middle. 

Edited by LePeel

Guest LiterateParakeet
1 hour ago, Scott said:

I agree.  I aso agree with   @MormonGator

Guest Scott
35 minutes ago, LePeel said:

How is that garbage? They are pro-abortion, they see family and marriage as old fashioned and/or oppressive/restrictive, they believe there's nothing wrong with sexual promiscuity, they are anti-religion (unless its Islam,) and they hate the principle of work. This is what they believe. The radical Left has become mainstream in the Democratic party with the preeminence of Bernie Sanders and the rise of people like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. The fringe has radicalized the middle. 

That's like saying all conservatives are racist fascist Nazi bigots who want to destroy the earth.  

Yes, most liberals tend to be pro-choice,  but to say that they all hate the principle of work (the vast majority of employed), anti religion (none I know are against people worshiping as long as there is a separation of Church and State) or that the majority think that families and marriage are old fashion is garbage.

Edited by Scott

5 minutes ago, Scott said:

That's like saying all conservatives are racist fascist Nazi bigots who want to destroy the earth.  

Yes, most liberals tend to be pro-choice,  but to say that they all hate the principle of work (the vast majority of employed), anti religion (none I know are against people worshiping as long as there is a separation of Church and State) or that the majority think that families and marriage are old fashion is garbage.

Not in my experience. 

Why do so many people want to label themselves as liberal or conservative? Republican or Democrat? 

Both groups are highly intolerant of the other. Both groups have good and bad points. And neither are really doing the things required to keep America great. 

I would label myself liberal in the sense that I am looking for better ways of doing things. Open minded to new ideas. 

I value hard work and education. Family and health. I want the nation as a whole to succeed. I recognize that we cannot succeed as a whole without improving the lives of our less fortunate. But I am not for handouts for the able bodied either. 

I believe that providing health care for all citizens will result in more productivity, happier people and less crime. 

I believe in getting rid of the law granting citizenship to everyone born here, but I believe in providing far more visas than currently offered. I believe in taxing these people with a flat tax so that they are not getting the benefits of being here for free. 

I believe that we need to find a way to make college more affordable. 

I believe in reducing military spending by 50%and spending that money on infrastructure and renewable energy. Shedding our reliance on dirty fuel sources. 

I believe that strong families are crucial for the health of the nation. 

I don't believe in a minimum needs to be $15 an hour. I believe that if you want more money, go out and do the jobs that pay more. 

12 hours ago, MormonGator said:

Go talk to them to find out. You'll find out that your average run of the mill liberal is more tolerant than a professor, 21 year old SJW, etc. 

I say, there are no more average run of the mill liberals.  People like Dave Rubin, Tim Pool, et al - don't call themselves liberal anymore.  And Seattle liberals are not Dave Rubins - as evidenced by the ridiculous laws passed in that city voted on by the "liberal neighbors".

Edited by anatess2