Sign in to follow this  
LDSGator

How does everyone like their pizza?

Recommended Posts

I can eat almost any pizza that does not have peperoni or anchovies.   The best pizza I have ever encountered is made by North Lake Tavern in Seattle.

 

The Traveler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Traveler said:

I can eat almost any pizza that does not have peperoni or anchovies.   The best pizza I have ever encountered is made by North Lake Tavern in Seattle.

 

The Traveler

That’s awesome! Is Seattle known for pizza?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both sound semi-gross if not gross... but both have become favorites. I selected these since there might be a chance of others trying them via the national chain. We have a hole in the wall pizza place that kills them all though. Old school 70-80s pizza joint.

1. Papa Murphy's Cheeseburger Pizza: Turns out pickles on pizza is not bad after all
IMG_5854.thumb.jpg.8f3718ef907beb271c25640ad2e5ea26.jpg

2. Godfather's Taco Pizza: I know, sounds gross.
08_O_SuperTaco_30.jpg.2a3dd5ed634951a0a01e35666f1eb714.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, NeedleinA said:

Both sound semi-gross if not gross... but both have become favorites. I selected these since there might be a chance of others trying them via the national chain. We have a hole in the wall pizza place that kills them all though. Old school 70-80s pizza joint.

1. Papa Murphy's Cheeseburger Pizza: Turns out pickles on pizza is not bad after all
IMG_5854.thumb.jpg.8f3718ef907beb271c25640ad2e5ea26.jpg

2. Godfather's Taco Pizza: I know, sounds gross.
08_O_SuperTaco_30.jpg.2a3dd5ed634951a0a01e35666f1eb714.jpg

Actually, both pizzas sound fine my friend. And @mirkwood and I were talking Papa Murphy’s yesterday. Is that the place where you have to bake it yourself? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LDSGator said:

That’s awesome! Is Seattle known for pizza?

Not really but the North Lake Tavern pizza is about 3 inches thick and one slice is enough for anybody.

 

The Traveler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LDSGator said:

Great choice! 
 

Does SLC have it’s own style of pizza? 

I think the closets style of pizza is LDS family style:   is to buy a bag of frozen Rhodes rolls, a bunch of different toppings and some pizza sauce.  Give everyone in the family a uncooked Rhodes roll (no longer frozen) - let them flatten it out and add the sauce and toppings to their liking - bake in the oven at 400 degrees and everybody gets exactly what they wanted on their pizza.

 

The Traveler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2021 at 3:48 PM, LDSGator said:

That is such a cool idea. 

When I was a kid in the 1980s (around the same time as you, I believe), the Church hadn’t yet centralized ward budgets through Salt Lake and ward Scout troops had to do their own fundraising.  My older brother’s troop made and sold bake-at-home pizzas for a couple of years. It seemed like a good activity all around.

Papa Murphy’s has a five-meat stuffed pizza that’s quite good.  Too bad I’m counting calories these days . . .

Edited by Just_A_Guy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Just_A_Guy said:

When I was a kid in the 1980s (around the same time as you, I believe), the Church hadn’t yet centralized ward budgets through Salt Lake and ward Scout troops had to do their own fundraising.  My older brother’s troop made and sold bake-at-home pizzas for a couple of years. It seemed like a good activity all around.

 

I have fond memories of our scouting pizza drives.

 

Quote

Papa Murphy’s has a five-meat stuffed pizza that’s quite good.  Too bad I’m counting calories these days . . .

Check out their De Lite pizzas (thin crust.)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Just_A_Guy said:

 

Papa Murphy’s has a five-meat stuffed pizza that’s quite good.  Too bad I’m counting calories these days . . .

What...can't count that high?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are there still Godfather's around? That was our high school hangout after football/basketball games. LOVE their taco pizza!

Dravin and I love pizzas that have something vinegary on it--pickles, banana peppers, etc. Helps to cut through the fat of the cheese/meat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really enjoy Hawaiian pizza (or whatever it is called with ham and pineapple).

I think the most unhealthy that I may enjoy more is a pizza but with fruit and other things like that on it.  I think it is called a dessert pizza.  My wife knows what it is called better than I, but it is terrific when made for family home evening dessert.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this