Likely daguerreotype (photo) of Joseph Smith discovered.

mikbone

3 hours ago, Vort said:

I've been waiting years for someone to write a Chick Tract of Jack Chick post-mortem.

It would be well deserved. The man was evil. I grew up Catholic and when I first encountered one of his garbage tracts it scared me for months. Not being funny, it was genuinely disturbing.   

20 hours ago, Vort said:

I've been waiting years for someone to write a Chick Tract of Jack Chick post-mortem.

Parodies exist, but are sporadic and hard to come by. 

I once did a bit in which he emerged from his hiding to confront the Transformers directly, only to have his own words come back to bite him. I no longer have the file though, and I'm not sure the site I uploaded it to even still exists. 

20 hours ago, Vort said:

16 hours ago, LDSGator said:

It would be well deserved. The man was evil. I grew up Catholic and when I first encountered one of his garbage tracts it scared me for months. Not being funny, it was genuinely disturbing.   

I am by no means an artist, but my father was, and I was schooled in the arts.  There is a lot of the artist in their art.  In essence, all art at its core (meaning and purpose) is a self-portrait.

The Traveler

I still do not feel that the picture is one of Joseph Smith Jr. 

1.  Bone structure DOES NOT MATCH.  You can have people tell you one thing, but it is obvious just looking at the brow that the individual is not one of the Smith brothers.  The pictured individual has a lower and deeper brow while theirs are shallower and higher. 

2.  His nose does not match either of their noses either.  It is a closer match to Hyrums, but even then the nose is more of a straight than the Smiths which seems to have a crook (One much more obvious than the other) in the mid nose section.

Obvious bone structures SHOULD be noted as problematic if one is trying to say it is a picture of the Prophet, but it seems these are being either stated that we cannot see the obvious and were are being gaslighted into trying to be forced to believe that something that looks different is the same, or those doing the analysis really are blind. 

In that light, Jack Chick's picture is actually more accurate than the photo...ironically...from what I am seeing. 

20 hours ago, JohnsonJones said:

I still do not feel that the picture is one of Joseph Smith Jr. 

1.  Bone structure DOES NOT MATCH.  You can have people tell you one thing, but it is obvious just looking at the brow that the individual is not one of the Smith brothers.  The pictured individual has a lower and deeper brow while theirs are shallower and higher. 

2.  His nose does not match either of their noses either.  It is a closer match to Hyrums, but even then the nose is more of a straight than the Smiths which seems to have a crook (One much more obvious than the other) in the mid nose section.

Obvious bone structures SHOULD be noted as problematic if one is trying to say it is a picture of the Prophet, but it seems these are being either stated that we cannot see the obvious and were are being gaslighted into trying to be forced to believe that something that looks different is the same, or those doing the analysis really are blind. 

In that light, Jack Chick's picture is actually more accurate than the photo...ironically...from what I am seeing. 

It's based on an image of Joseph Smith standing as head of the Nauvoo Legion, an image that critics of the church love to present without the context of "Oh yeah, the city was allowed its own town militia, with the mayor as commander". 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/9/2024 at 2:04 PM, Ironhold said:

It's based on an image of Joseph Smith standing as head of the Nauvoo Legion, an image that critics of the church love to present without the context of "Oh yeah, the city was allowed its own town militia, with the mayor as commander". 

"allowed" a town militia? Any town can have a militia, it is called the second ammendment.