Prophets praying

23 minutes ago, scottyg said:

We do sometimes hear about what the Prophet is praying about or what he would like us to pray about, but we almost never hear or see those prayers. 

12 minutes ago, askandanswer said:

We do sometimes hear about what the Prophet is praying about or what he would like us to pray about, but we almost never hear or see those prayers. 

Perhaps not but often we do see the results of such prayers.  I would note that on Thursday before conference that the general authorities meet in the assembly room of the Salt Lake Temple in the attitude of fasting and prayer for a testimony meaning prior to every general conference.   The inspiration given is a result of prophetic fasting and prayers.

The Traveler

On 7/9/2023 at 5:43 AM, askandanswer said:

I've watched many General Conferences. I've often heard Prophets talk about their prayers for the church but I've never heard or seen a Prophet pray. Has anyone else?

I would not be surprised if the praying they do is in the Holy of Holies, when it is available. I think there is one in St. George, Manti and Logan as well.

On 7/9/2023 at 5:43 AM, askandanswer said:

I've watched many General Conferences. I've often heard Prophets talk about their prayers for the church but I've never heard or seen a Prophet pray. Has anyone else?

There was the prayer of gratitude in 2020. It begins around the 9:00 mark.

On 7/9/2023 at 6:43 AM, askandanswer said:

There is the apocryphal story about Pres Hinckley:

He was staying at a stake president's home while visiting the area.  The stake president's wife got it into her head that she could sneak up to the door and hear the prophet praying.  It would be great to know how a prophet prays when on his own.

As she leaned her ear against the door, she heard the following words:

Dear Father in Heaven.  I am tired.  But I am thankful.

Then he closed his prayer and went to bed.