Baptist Pastor Shot Down In The Pulpit

GingerGolden

I found this first thing this morning from my ISP website, upon coming online.

I am totally shocked that this has happened within a church building and during a church service.

I read the story from my ISP website and followed the link to the church website.

I did click on their website feedback link and left them a comment as well as a prayer for their members.

I just feel so sorry for these people to have sat and witnessed such a shocking portrayal and I am especially concerned for the children who were present.

I read up on this: No motive, no history with the man. He wasn't a member of the church.

It's so completely random. They need to find out from this guy why he did it. From that guy with no history of mental illness killing the guy on the Greyhound bus to this... Makes me wonder if possession isn't on the rise.

I read up on this: No motive, no history with the man. He wasn't a member of the church.

It's so completely random. They need to find out from this guy why he did it. From that guy with no history of mental illness killing the guy on the Greyhound bus to this... Makes me wonder if possession isn't on the rise.

I find it interesting that we call influence from an unclean spirit "possession" and help from a clean spirit we call "inspired" or "influenced". A person does not have to have an unclean spirit completely take them over to lose control for a moment and have their life forever changed (example Eve in the garden). Our society is ripe with violent entertainment where so called “good guys” maim or kill “bad guys” in every episode with no character repercussions.

Masking brain washing altering methods through entertainment is the most effective means of altering mass thought and behavior.

The Traveler

This took place not far from where I live and very very close to where I grew up. I do see people in the news that I know. Its very very sad and its being talked about all over the St Louis area.

You don't think these kinds of things can happen to you, but they can.

As a Bishop I had dealings with a person who was not stable. He did threaten me over the phone and one day came into the Church and cussed me out real good. He and I were the only ones in the building at the time. Make a long story short, I told my Stake President about this incident. He cautioned me to be very carefull and told me about an incident in our Stake several years ago where a guy shot and killed a Bishop on a Sunday evening in front of the church.

It will take a long time for these people and their community to recover from the incident which took place yesterday in Maryville Illinois. Here are a few links to the story

03/08/2009 - Prosecutor: Man who gunned down pastor planned attack - STLtoday.com

03/09/2009 - Friend: Slain pastor would have forgiven - STLtoday.com

also for those interested....if you go to stltoday.com you might be able to find the obit and add your remarks.

I am totally shocked that this has happened within a church building and during a church service.

I read the story from my ISP website and followed the link to the church website.

I did click on their website feedback link and left them a comment as well as a prayer for their members.

I just feel so sorry for these people to have sat and witnessed such a shocking portrayal and I am especially concerned for the children who were present.

Sent an e-mail. Thanks again in bringing this to our attention.

• 2 years later...

Police give the latest report on Man goes on church shooting spree, kills wife, wounds pastor. This shooting incident happened Sunday morning in Lakeland, Fla. church. The male managed to shoot and hurt the preacher and his assistant before he was tackled and stopped. The male had also hit and slain his spouse previously that morning. There will never be any type of way of weeding out the crazy folks from those who are responsible in bearing arms.

T.T

Pretty horrible thing. Too bad for the guy's wife. I'm glad nobody else was killed. I'm glad a couple of people were able to wrestle the gun away from him before he could reload and keep shooting.

What a dang tragedy.

GingerGolden, what a shock for such a thing to happen in this church, when many people do not understand the word of God, that says gifts and calling of God, comes without repentance. This is something to be touched on without judging when their are spirits whom is not all one through the truth to except the word of God. Which God, does fills the minds together whom believe. "Our Heavenly Father", speaks and shows us as one as "Latter Day Saints", so much about protection for his children. Where as for something to happen like this can not be judge, when they could not of been called by God, to teach. I am just talking from a stand point in describing of what our other brothers and sisters go through, when they really are searching for the truth. Also by me whom prays for everyone and everthing around the whole World. Faith has shown me to have cares for it all! I can not say no more, but we need to be greatful for finding the true church.