What’s the last movie you watched?

Connie

urprising of all is Paul Giamatti as a crazy Russian escaped criminal dominating the screen for about 1 minute of the 140-minute movie.

Like all Marvel movies of recent years, it has a bonus scene before the rolls but it is X-men, not Spiderman... yeah, the fanboys were not happy about that... And no, there's no bonus-bonus scene in the end, so you can go after Mystique walks away...

to be fair, spiderman mixes with the x-men a lot.

to be fair, spiderman mixes with the x-men a lot.

Not in this case...

Marvel sold the movie rights of Spiderman to Sony and the movie rights of X-men to Fox.  So, unless Fox and Sony get together to make a movie (which they haven't), Spiderman and X-men will not mix.

Clarification:  Not all mutants are sold to Fox.  That's why they can have Magneto's twin children at the end-credits of Captain America fraternizing with the Avenger villains...  But all of the main X-Men characters are sold to Fox.

I just watched Ralph Fiennes' excellent film of Shakespeare's Coriolanus.  I never saw it when it was in theatres, so when I was browsing Netflix last week, and stumbled across it, I thought I'd give it a try.  I'm really glad I did, as I thought it was one of the best Shakespeare films I'd ever seen.  Fiennes is marvelous, as usual, but I was particularly impressed with Gerard Butler as Aufidius.  Brian Cox and Vanessa Redgrave were amazing as Menenius and Volumnia, respectively.  Really a very strong cast overall, and a brilliantly done modernized adaptation.  Highly recommended.

I can't remember what it was called but I want to say "Dinosaurs". It was on RedBox.

I really wanted to love this because the previews and trailers looked awesome, but it was just okay. The CGI was pretty impressive, no complaints there, but the story was a bit choppy. It has an "educational" aspect to it, as well, so kids can learn about various species that lived during the age of dinosaurs, etc. It was, however, too scary for our toddler and we had to fast a few scenes that were frightening.

Frozen, a couple weeks ago, unless I'm mistaken. We're planning on seeing Godzilla and X-Men: Days of Future Past in the next few weeks (Yay for cheap Saturday morning shows).

The theater by me sucks.  They have $5 tickets on SUNDAYS.  Grrr.  I mean... why Sunday?  Why not Monday or Tuesday or Wednesday or...

Godzilla.

Besides the nostalgic feeling of Godzilla on Saturday TV as a kid, especially when Godzilla opened the mouth of the MUTO and breathed fire into it (best scene ever)... It was a pretty sucky movie. My kid's reaction... "Would have been much better if they put a Yaeger in there"...

The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones on Saturday night.

Last Vegas last night.

The first one I picked up because the description sounded intriguing.  Not necessarily something I thought I'd like, but something that caught my attention and about which I was curious.  The movie was okay.  It's based on a book, and I could tell that there was a lot left out of the movie, that the audience was expected to know more than we were told.  However, it got me interested in reading the books.  I might pick up the series on audio for my road trip this summer.

The second one was fun and enjoyable.

Just saw Godzilla.  I thought Bryan Cranston would be in it more, but I guess it didn't matter. I didn't like that so much of the monster stuff took place in the dark, but my son tells me that it's hard to make big CGI images (as opposed to small stuff like people, etc.) look good over an extended period of time. I dunno. I just hate seeing movies where the scary thing is in the dark all the time.

Aside from that, some good action scenes - liked that they had a soldier praying outloud for everyone before they jumped from a plane. Would probably give it a 3.5, OK for $5.

I forgot, I also watched 'Captain Phillips.' I don't care what the shipmates say about its veracity, it was an exciting and interesting movie. Hanks was great at the end.

For a film based on a true story, other than the hijacking there isn't much truth to the story!  Been a rash of films lately paying lip service to the actually facts there suppose to be based upon.

• pam featured this topic
  • pam unfeatured this topic