What’s the last movie you watched?

Connie

Flight 7500 departs Los Angeles International Airport bound for Tokyo. As the overnight flight makes its way over the Pacific Ocean during its ten-hour course, the passengers encounter what appears to be a supernatural force in the cabin.

3/5 stars

Mom's Night Out

We watched this as a family and it had the most excellent message. It's about a woman that is spread so thin, that she's lost herself, and she doesn't know where to begin to pickup the pieces. Though the movie is filmed with a comical tone, it touches on the realities of being a wife and mother, and the sometimes seemingly impossible balance between that and meeting your own needs. I didn't see it coming but at the near end, I found myself crying, there was just so much truth to it. But it's an uplifting movie, you don't come away feel down, you come away feeling fortunate for what you have. You come away feeling and knowing that you're not alone in the stresses of being a homemaker. Definite worth watch for a husband and wife that have children.

The Exorcism of Emily Rose.  Mind. Numbingly. Boring.  I played on my Kindle while watching it...sort of...watching...

1/5 stars

I have watched that movie and you did not miss anything.

I hated it. (and vey few things do I hate.)

Many movies you have to play close attention to- I have found.

It is so easy to miss important clues as to what the movie is even about, let alone enjoy it. ;-)

Edited by JohnnyRudick

Just finished "Meet Me In St. Louis."  I didn't realize it is a great Christmas movie, with Judy Garland singing "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" (with the original lyrics, which are more crestfallen than the lyrics sung and heard today).  Marjorie Main looks like she just walked off the set of a "Ma and Pa Kettle" movie and makes a magnificent maid.  I figured it would be a black-and-white snoozer, but it was filmed in color with lavish sets that nicely convey the world of 1903, right down to the gas lights and manure-filled streets.  Great family movie with an ending that makes you very happy.  Sort of like the polar opposite of "The Exorcist."

Scrooge with Bill Murray.

Not to nitpick...except to nitpick really...but it's Scrooged with Bill Murray. Scrooge, on the other hand, is a musical version of A Christmas Carol with Albert Finney as Scrooge. A much, much better movie than the ultra-lame, incredibly un-funny Scrooged.

I watched the Exodus movie as well.  It was panned by many Christian critics, but overall I liked it.  Poetic license was taken, but not nearly as severely as the Noah movie.  The acting made me believe it could have went down like this.  I especially liked the Ramsey depiction.  He was arrogant, and could be arbitrary.  However, he was not over loud and obnoxious.  Also, they showed his superstitious side in a way that was subtle, and easy to believe.  It would be a great conversation starter--especially with those of different (or no) faith.

Exodus: Gods and Kings

I don't know... it was superbly acted... but I just wasn't feeling it.  It had a lot to do with my 11-year-old walking out of the movie... too violent for him.

Wouldn't mind seeing this, partly because it looks to be a lavish period piece and partly because I think I have a crush on Maria Valverde :)

Edited by lonetree

Not to nitpick...except to nitpick really...but it's Scrooged with Bill Murray. Scrooge, on the other hand, is a musical version of A Christmas Carol with Albert Finney as Scrooge. A much, much better movie than the ultra-lame, incredibly un-funny Scrooged.

I saw 'Scrooged' once, and thought it mildly entertaining-no doubt due to Murray. I'm not much for Christmas movies but have a fondness for George C Scott's Ebenezer in the 1984 version, and that brief moment where he tells his nephew's friends "I was in love once..." 

Edited by lonetree

Wouldn't mind seeing this, partly because it looks to be a lavish period piece and partly because I think I have a crush on Maria Valverde :)

It was a super excellent set and costume and cgi.  I wasn't too fond of the Red Sea set - I felt a disconnect between the before-parting sea and the after-parting sea... and Valverde is excellent as usual except that I can't get over the tattoo on her bottom lip that looked like she is perpetually eating soot.

Watched the "Borg" collection, a Star Trek selection of episodes that revolves around the Borg faction (Sci fi zombies, I mean cyborgs, that steal your tech and then turn your people into them, in generally unpleasant ways). Includes the introduction, major events, and the conclusion episodes. Includes episodes from Enterprise, The Next Generation, and Voyager.

I like the Borg story arcs a lot, except for one thing, the introduction of the Borg Queen in Voyager i think that really ruined a lot of what made them frightening and less integrated with the machine. But still quite enjoyable.

Into The Woods.  Love it.  My favorite song... AGONY!!!  It was superbly sung... very surprisingly... by Chris Pine who I never knew had a good voice, and very very well acted - they went off the play and just went overboard with it and it gave me belly aches.  My kids are now singing the duet on my karaoke.  Hah hah.

But the best song was Jack's Giants in the Sky superbly performed by Daniel Huttlestone who also superbly played Gavroche in Les Miserables.  He hits those notes right on target... effortlessly.  He was awesome.

The Best Of Everything (1959, Hope Lange, Stephen Boyd, Louis Jourdan et al.) on dvd.

A glamourized look into a young woman's first real job in a big city.

Like the more tightly focussed and B&W film "The Apartment", it takes place in that long ago and all too brief time when the fifties ended and before the sixties turned sour. 

Edited by lonetree

• pam featured this topic
  • pam unfeatured this topic