What’s the last movie you watched?

Connie

Last week watched One Good Man ....two weeks in a row. Great movie

I liked that one.

The young man who played the return missionary in that movie is the director, producer, and screenwriter for Once I Was A Beehive, which I just went and saw again last night. Frankly, those of you who are letting this one slide are missing out on an experience for yourselves, your kids, and/or your grandkids. It is only playing in Utah for a few more days, so you snooze, you lose. Anyone who goes is free to come back and call me a liar if it wasn't enjoyable and worthwhile.

Song of the Sea

It's an Irish animation that's absolutely beautiful. The story has some great themes, love, forgiveness and even has a bit of a similar theme to inside out regarding feelings. Highly recommend it, and think it's in my top 10 all time favorite movies.

It's currently free to stream if you have Amazon Prime.

Ant Man, because I am a comic geek...and it was not very good lol 

I did not have high expectations on this one because I didn't like Antman comic book much.  The movie exceeded my expectations and I actually am looking forward to seeing him in the next Captain America installment.

I had my boys watch Sixth Sense with my husband and I.  They went crazy with the ending and wanted to watch the movie over again because they are sure somebody else besides the kid interacted with Dr. Malcolm.  LOL!

Ending?  I'm still not entirely sure I really watched the movie...or that I'm really posting about it.

A couple of years ago, I asked my then-IT guy about creating a client virtual machine inside of a host virtual machine. He responded, "Oh, yes. The technical term for that is 'Inceptioning'." Thought that was pretty funny.

I did not have high expectations on this one because I didn't like Antman comic book much.  The movie exceeded my expectations and I actually am looking forward to seeing him in the next Captain America installment.

I had my boys watch Sixth Sense with my husband and I.  They went crazy with the ending and wanted to watch the movie over again because they are sure somebody else besides the kid interacted with Dr. Malcolm.  LOL!

Yeah I think it was alright, I just wish they would have played on the science behind it a little more, it was not HORRIBLE but could have been better 

Finally watched "Spinal Tap" the other night. It had been on my Netflix queue for some time, but once I read Cary Elwes' memoir about The Princess Bride I knew I had to see this other cult favorite, if only for Christopher Guest's performance. It was really, really good. My husband hasn't heard of it, I think I shall have him watch it and see if he believes it is a real documentary or not. According to IMDB trivia, a lot of people never picked up on that. 

I watched The Sixth Sense for the first time about a year or two ago. Man, what a great movie. I totally did not see the ending coming, though that might be more a reflection of my naivete.

I distinctly remember seeing that film in '99. It was Oct 31st, and I didn't feel like sitting at home listening to little-and not so little ones knock on the door; so decided to see a movie. The Sixth Sense looked interesting-perhaps an odd look at romance and death; I thought. It had its creepy moments, for such a serious tale. And the ending took me unawares as well. Anyway, it had been on its second round in the theatres at that time(opened in the summer) and the practice of going out to see a new(ish) film on Hallowe'en serves me in good stead to this day.

Edited by lonetree

Kingsmen was really good! It's gory and the language can be a wee bit bad but the writing for it was overly entertaining. I wasn't expecting to like it, at all...

It Follows is a horror film, which I thought was geared towards adults, but really it's more appealing to teens. The beginning is captivating but it gets less interesting towards the end. A big graphic, obviously, horrors all have the same ingredients...

Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief

I had never heard of this movie or the book (the first of a series) that it is based on. It was not terrible; it reminded me strongly of Sky High, though that movie was more of a comedy and this was more of an adventure. That said, it seemed clear to me that it was not a movie meant for adults, but for adolescents. The main objectionable parts were Persephone's undisguised lurid comments and designs on the satyr; vulgar at times, unpleasant, played for laughs to an audience (my family) that considers sexuality sacred and therefore didn't find it funny. Besides that, I don't recall anything objectionable. I did find myself toward the end just waiting for it to get over. But again, I am sure the target audience was not middle-aged men.

Just watched Goonies last night. 

What a great classic movie. As I am watching, I ask my wife who the main kid is. I am disappointing I did't recognize Rudy/Samwise Gamgee. Who doesn't like Sean Austin? 

First movie that comes to my mind when thinking of Sean Astin is.... 50 First Dates.  LOL!!!  He was hilarious in that one.

• pam featured this topic
  • pam unfeatured this topic