Knitting/Crafting in Church?

yoyoteacher

Wow. I can't imagine knitting, much less doing crafts, in church. Why don't I just sit there with my iPod and listen to music? I'll only use 1 ear bud, so I'll pretty much catch what the speakers are saying, right? Like others, I've been to churches of many denominations, I have yet to see anyone knitting during services. I suspect in some of the hard core black evangelical churches, one of those church ladies dressed in white would come and snatch that stuff out of your hands. And how distracting for the people sitting next to you! Too rude.

I have to restrain myself from asking people to leave RS with their mewling kids when I'm speaking. Though I understand why the babies are there, that doesn't stop me from finding ti quite rude that people don't quiet their kids or that they walk around the room with a noisy baby while I'm speaking (and that goes for anyone else giving the lesson, I'm an equal opportunity curmudgeon).  

Wow. I can't imagine knitting, much less doing crafts, in church. Why don't I just sit there with my iPod and listen to music? I'll only use 1 ear bud, so I'll pretty much catch what the speakers are saying, right? Like others, I've been to churches of many denominations, I have yet to see anyone knitting during services. I suspect in some of the hard core black evangelical churches, one of those church ladies dressed in white would come and snatch that stuff out of your hands. And how distracting for the people sitting next to you! Too rude.

I have to restrain myself from asking people to leave RS with their mewling kids when I'm speaking. Though I understand why the babies are there, that doesn't stop me from finding ti quite rude that people don't quiet their kids or that they walk around the room with a noisy baby while I'm speaking (and that goes for anyone else giving the lesson, I'm an equal opportunity curmudgeon).

Just like why don't I sit there with my iPad and watch football or other sporting events. Lol

Just like why don't I sit there with my iPad and watch football or other sporting events. Lol

Word!  Because... you're not supposed to watch football or any other sporting event on the Sabbath, Bishop Palerider!

;)

You could always take up a less time consuming activity. I would recommend doodling, yes doodling is a good activity. I even believe there have even been studies saying how doodling is good for people. And the best thing about doodling is you can even do it at work*, between TV advertisements, and even at the Dinner table 'GASP. The best thing about it is it ONLY takes a Few seconds to successfully Doodle! Share the doodles today, make someone smile!

:D  :cool: 

*well maybe only certain types of work