Temple Workers

On 3/3/2017 at 5:40 PM, Suzie said:

Lawyers <_<

I know, right? He convinced the ambulance driver to pull over just so he could tell me that. Mind you, he chartered the ambulance just so he could chase it but at least he didn't charge me for that part.

"Really? an ambulance ride for free?!"

"No. It's pro bono* (so I can charge the State more!)"

*gratis is what we lay folk offer for free. Lawyers can't do gratis because someone still has to pay them.

Edited by mordorbund

Well, since this thread started on something related to the Temple, maybe I can refocus it on the Temple and something that has caused me to go less and less.

Hopefully we can talk about it (or around it) here.

Point blank, I actively dislike the new Temple films.  Some parts of them make me feel very uncomfortable.  Hence, the solution, view them less.

Don't know a solution to my problem in this arena.

4 minutes ago, JohnsonJones said:

Well, since this thread started on something related to the Temple, maybe I can refocus it on the Temple and something that has caused me to go less and less.

Hopefully we can talk about it (or around it) here.

Point blank, I actively dislike the new Temple films.  Some parts of them make me feel very uncomfortable.  Hence, the solution, view them less.

Don't know a solution to my problem in this arena.

You can do initatories or sealing. The sealing room can be very, eye-opening, informative.

I was under the impression for at least a few years that you were only allowed to do sealings with your spouse.

Don't temples vary the film they're showing on some sort of schedule? Then if you can find that schedule out, you can just go when they are showing your preferred version(s).

4 hours ago, SilentOne said:

I was under the impression for at least a few years that you were only allowed to do sealings with your spouse.

Don't temples vary the film they're showing on some sort of schedule? Then if you can find that schedule out, you can just go when they are showing your preferred version(s).

The films are rotated randomly. No one knows the schedule even the workers don't know. The Op could attend initiatories.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2017 at 5:02 AM, Sunday21 said:

The films are rotated randomly. No one knows the schedule even the workers don't know. The Op could attend initiatories.

Are you sure that's for all temples? Because I could have sworn my nearest temples have been on the schedule, "If SilentOne is in the session, show the version with Corbin Allred." :P

On 2/28/2017 at 11:23 AM, Guest said:

I used to attend the temple before I moved to Utah. I now am saddened to state that I cannot make myself go. I have had a few negative experiences in the temple (Utah) with workers and the worst, is I personally know of workers who are simply bad men. I am not their judge; however, I do believe in the sanctity of the temple. One individual is a sexual deviant among other things. I liken partaking of the temple ordinances directed by a hypocritical, dishonest, and immoral worker, similar to eating food from the hand of one whose hand has been in sewage. I don't really judge the hand, nor the sewage; nevertheless, it is dirty and invalid to be of nourishment. I know there will/may be the textbook answers: "Don't judge...Look to yourself"...and the like. I would like an intelligent response(s) and some spiritual guidance on what I can do. I want to return to the temple, but I feel it has been defiled. I hold a current recomend. Any thoughts?

Um. If one knows (and I mean "knows") that someone is a sexual deviant (as in...actually doing sexual things that make one not temple worthy)...then one ought to report such immediately. IMMEDIATELY!

I can see why the OP left. I almost had my account deleted and I stay away from here more because of rude posters who question my mental health and psychologist and I could easily name names of posters who are rude but I hope they realize who they are.

6 hours ago, SilentOne said:

@Sunday21 I have nothing against him. I just don't know that I've ever seen any of the other films.

I saw him in a film in which he played a kidnapped missionary. He was very good. I heard that he was training to be a paramedic. A number of lds film people have left the church - of course people in all walks of life have left the church!- but I think that it must be difficult to work in the film industry and be lds. Working on Sundays, the constant travelling, the competition for roles, it must be hard.