Ex-Mormon and Anti-Mormon returns to the faith

wenglund

Have you heard of Dusty Smith and his boomerang journey in, then out and against, andthen  back into the Church? He was mentioned in Elder Uchdorf's talk on Learning from Alma and Amulek. He was also featured in an LDSLiving article. And, he was recently  interviewed on the Youtube channel, 3 Mormons.

What do you think? I wonder if I locked horns with him online during his anti-Mormon period?

Thanks, -Wade Enlgund-

A few years ago on the Catholic Answers Forum he and I had quite a few debates about the Book of Mormon and the LDS church. He told me on that forum that he had decided to come back to church. This was a complete shock to me. We had a few conversations and then I didn't here much until Elder Uchdorf's talk. Right after his talk I sent him an email telling him that it sounded very similar to his story. He wrote me right back and confirmed that it was about him. He is a testament to me that anyone can come back to the church. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/28/2017 at 6:57 PM, james12 said:

A few years ago on the Catholic Answers Forum he and I had quite a few debates about the Book of Mormon and the LDS church. He told me on that forum that he had decided to come back to church. This was a complete shock to me. We had a few conversations and then I didn't here much until Elder Uchdorf's talk. Right after his talk I sent him an email telling him that it sounded very similar to his story. He wrote me right back and confirmed that it was about him. He is a testament to me that anyone can come back to the church. 

I thought I read someone on this board laying claim to being that individual.  Am I remembering wrong?  Or was that you talking about that person?

34 minutes ago, zil said:

It's like I never even posted.

I'm so sorry. :o  I totally didn't see your post.  I remember even seeing a gap on the screen.  But my mind just blurred it out. I seriously acknowledged the space in my conscious mind.  But I only saw a blur.  Funny how the mind works when you're working on 4 or 5 hours of sleep a night.

I just realized, I did the same thing with Grunt's post.  Sorry, Grunt.

@mordorbund, How dare you take advantage of poor little @zil like that.  For SHAME!!

Edited by Guest

15 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

I'm so sorry. :o  I totally didn't see your post.  I remember even seeing a gap on the screen.  But my mind just blurred it out. I seriously acknowledged the space in my conscious mind.  But I only saw a blur.  Funny how the mind works when you're working on 4 or 5 hours of sleep a night.

I just realized, I did the same thing with Grunt's post.  Sorry, Grunt.

@mordorbund, How dare you take advantage of poor little @zil like that.  For SHAME!!

She didn't re-transcribe the cited post with one of her signature pens. I assumed her account was hacked. I also assumed that you blocked her. Given the historical feud between the two of you.

2 minutes ago, mordorbund said:

She didn't re-transcribe the cited post with one of her signature pens. I assumed her account was hacked. I also assumed that you blocked her. Given the historical feud between the two of you.

Well done!

OK.  I'm changing my story.  If it is a @zil post not in a fountain pen, I have the right to ignore it!  Book closed.  Moving on.  Ahhh, the peaceful bliss of willful ignorance...

Edited by Guest

13 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

Martin or Charlie?

I'm not fond of Charlie even if he was sooo cute.

In our 52+ inks for 2017, ink-a-week project over on the fountain pen network, this was week 36:

Week 36 / 3 Sep: Charlie the Unit of Sheen
Celebrate the birthday of Charlie Sheen with the sheeniest ink you have.

And the first post in that week's thread was:

Looking forward to seeing which has the highest Charlie factor

Sheen is hard to photograph, but, if you want to see some, that thread has it.

Edited by zil

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 12:30 PM, Carborendum said:

Middle age can do that...it's such a struggle, sometimes!

2 minutes ago, zil said:

I'll buy you some Postum next time you're in town. ;)

Why did I just have a flash-back to the lime-infused water they served, with chocolate chip cookies, at the temple tour I went on, before Langley BC's went into use. I finally got my answer to the age-old question:  Who drinks lime-infused water with chocolate chip cookies??? :iamsmiling: