Personality Test

clbent04

9 hours ago, clbent04 said:

Haha, come on, who really is in your avatar pic? That has to be someone you know, right? Or did you just find a random pic on google? 

I’ve always wondered about your avatar selection. The first week I joined this site, I thought that was you! Then I thought, ok, now knowing Vort is a dude, is this his wife? Girlfriend? Old fling? But now knowing you have a son that served a mission, and assuming you’re married, I ruled out the girlfriend and old fling supposition. Which leaves me scratching my head.

You seem too well thought out to just have your avatar as a random pic of some Icelandic chick with big eyes unrelated to you. You always have deep, profound meaning. What is the meaning of the avatar? lol

My avatar has been the occasional topic of conversation and ribbing here. There used to be a post detailing how and why I used that avatar, but alas, it appears to have gone the way of all the earth, a victim of the LDS.net --> MormonHub.com changeover a year or two ago.

The short version is that I do not know the beautiful young Icelandic woman at all. (Her name appears to be Halldóra Sigrún Ásgeirsdóttir.) My avatar used to be this:

HUMO005-2.jpg

But that was offputting, even intimidating, to some. It seemed that some people actually didn't like my online persona because of my avatar. As I thought about this, I noticed that I formed preconceptions about others on this forum based on their avatar, too. Strange. Changing my avatar to this:

a-bomb01.jpg

didn't help my cause much. So I Googled "doe-eyed girl" and found Halldóra. She was met with a great deal of resistance from the forum regulars of the time, but I noticed that those who were newer and didn't know me reacted to my posts much more positively. It was weird, and rather hilarious. (Unlike me.)

I've tried giving Halldóra a break from time to time, but the now-regulars don't like it when I change the avatar. I may do it anyway. It was quite funny and interesting at first, but frankly, it feels kind of weird for a 55-year-old man to have a picture of a doe-eyed young woman (showing her pink bra strap, no less, as someone -- Bini? Connie? Beefche? don't remember -- pointed out to me years ago) representing my middle-aged male self.

@Vort this explains some the many layers behind the man, the mystery, the legend... Vort. Lol. I think upon joining this website I too would've been irritated with your gangster avatar considering how you usually prove me wrong or just less knowledgeable on gospel topics. Would've been salt in the wound staring at your gangster avatar.

I think everyone should vote on a new avatar for Vort. I'll try looking for a suitable recommendation. Maybe Woody from Toy Story? Not too intimidating. Everyone likes Tom Hanks

Edited by clbent04

5 minutes ago, clbent04 said:

@Vort this explains some the many layers behind the man, the mystery, the legend... Vort. Lol. I think upon joining this website I too would've been irritated with your gangster avatar considering how you usually prove me wrong or just less knowledgeable on gospel topics. Would've been salt in the wound staring at your gangster avatar.

I think everyone should vote on a new avatar for Vort. I'll try looking for a suitable recommendation. Maybe Woody from Toy Story? Not too intimidating. Everyone likes Tom Hanks

No.  Just no.  @Vort is the big eyed Icelandic girl.  Changing that will cause a revolt around here.

I used to have a big-eyed Asian girl as my Avatar before the lds.net -> mormonhub.com transition.  I used that Avatar in my attempt to be a Vort groupie.  I was such a fan... :D

14 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

Now I'm jealous!

If you're ever in KY, I'd be happy to oblige :)

36 minutes ago, Grunt said:

Great meeting you today.  Thanks!

Ditto.  It's nice to know for certain that at least one person on this forum actually exists in real life.  :D

1 hour ago, person0 said:

If you're ever in KY, I'd be happy to oblige :)

Ditto.  It's nice to know for certain that at least one person on this forum actually exists in real life.  :D

There is no real life. This is...

THE MATRIX.

4 hours ago, clbent04 said:

@Vort I just can’t handle the change! Revert back, revert back please! Come back to us Icelandic chick with the big eyes. Oh the humanity! 

Is this another random pic for your avatar? 

But, that's his actual picture.

2 hours ago, Carborendum said:

I'm not sure if you understand the ramifications of using THAT verse as the response to my earlier post. Ewww.

I thought my understanding was ultra-sound, but now I'm not sure I can conceive it. I'm probably laboring under a false understanding of it. It's (is that apostrophe right? I always get confused over whether it's (ha!) a real contraction) a term I associate with math back in one of college trimesters, so I have a previous understanding of the term (a pre-term? no, that's a stretch, Mark) that's not applicable.

Oh don't worry, you still come out ahead.

23 minutes ago, mordorbund said:

It's (is that apostrophe right? I always get confused over whether it's (ha!) a real contraction)

Yes.  It[']s always has an apostrophe *except* when used as a possessive.  Remember it's the possessive form of the pronoun "it;" like "his" and "hers," "its" won't have an apostrophe when used as a possessive, but will when used as a contraction for "it is."

I did it @clbent04 sorry I took so long 

ADVOCATE PERSONALITY (INFJ, -A/-T)

The Advocate personality type is very rare, making up less than one percent of the population, but they nonetheless leave their mark on the world. As members of the Diplomat Role group, Advocates have an inborn sense of idealism and morality, but what sets them apart is that they are not idle dreamers, but people capable of taking concrete steps to realize their goals and make a lasting positive impact.

Advocates tend to see helping others as their purpose in life, but while people with this personality type can be found engaging rescue efforts and doing charity work, their real passion is to get to the heart of the issue so that people need not be rescued at all.

8 hours ago, mordorbund said:

I thought my understanding was ultra-sound, but now I'm not sure I can conceive it. I'm probably laboring under a false understanding of it. It's (is that apostrophe right? I always get confused over whether it's (ha!) a real contraction) a term I associate with math back in one of college trimesters, so I have a previous understanding of the term (a pre-term? no, that's a stretch, Mark) that's not applicable.

Oh don't worry, you still come out ahead.

OH!   MY!   WORD!!!

I had no idea you were so good with words.  Yes, I did catch them all (I think I caught them all).  I won't highlight them for, uhm, the, uh, faint of heart.  I count seven + 1 that was repeated a few times.

This one is better than @zil's wordsmithing.  Pure genius.

Wait a minute.  I'm reminded of your response to @Vort's "eli-phino" joke.  Yup, that's still you.:D

Edited by Guest