Personality Test

clbent04

2 minutes ago, zil said:

The one thing I'm confident is correct is that they say less than 2% of the population think like me, and less than .8% of females think like me.  This supports my theory that I'm an alien who somehow got stranded on the wrong planet.

So, Ink Muse, Sheathen Mistress, Alien, Pony in Flight...  

Doesn't that mean you're just as hard to pin down as I am?

4 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

So, Ink Muse, Sheathen Mistress, Alien, Pony in Flight...  

Doesn't that mean you're just as hard to pin down as I am?

Except apparently you can relate to everyone and I can relate to <2% of the population (except that all of us are too busy with our own thing to be bothered with finding each other). :lol::cry:

Heh - I've been a good solid INTJ for most of my life, no doubt.  Took the test in the '90's, INTJ.  Again a decade later, INTJ.  Various online quizzes, INTJ.  The thing made absolute sense, and I rejoiced in my personality, confirmed and clarified by this test.

Then, from around 2014-2017, I changed rather dramatically, and I'm now a solid F(feeling) instead of T(thinking).  Honestly, I like it better here.  

To my former comrades, consider joining us in Feeling land.  Joys await you.  It's like a world full of INTJ's, but now there are cookies.  You can be exactly who you are now, but you'll find yourselves surrounded by a million swirling colors.  You'll be able to fluently speak a beautiful new language - one which you knew existed, but had no idea it was being spoken around you, all the time.  You don't have to give up righteous judging, it just becomes tempered with stuff like empathy and perhaps a deeper immersion in Christlike love.  

I can't promise you will end up with an avatar like mine, but I can practically guarantee your taste in music will change.

Edited by NeuroTypical

Protectors (SJ)
Population Male Female
ESTJ - Overseer 13% 16% 10%
ESFJ - Supporter 12% 7% 17%
ISTJ - Examiner 8.5% 10.5% 6.5%
ISFJ - Defender 7% 4% 10%
All SJs 40.5% 37.5% 43.5%

Intellectuals (NT)
Population Male Female
ENTJ - Chief 4% 5.5% 2.5%
ENTP - Originator 4.5% 6% 3%
INTJ - Strategist 1.5% 2.5% 0.5%
INTP - Engineer 2.5% 4% 1%
All NTs 12.5% 18% 7%
clear.gif
Creators (SP)
Population Male Female
ESTP - Persuader 10% 12.5% 7.5%
ESFP - Entertainer 11% 8% 14%
ISTP - Craftsman 6% 8.5% 3.5%
ISFP - Artist 6% 5% 7%
All SPs 33% 34% 32%

Visionaries (NF)
Population Male Female
ENFJ - Mentor 4% 2.5% 5.5%
ENFP - Advocate 7% 6% 8%
INFJ - Confidant 1% 0.5% 1.5%
INFP - Dreamer 2% 1.5% 2.5%
All NFs 14% 10.5% 17.5%

So, these disagree a little from the numbers that the linked site says.  But the relative frequencies are the same.  The names for each combination are also different.  But they should mea the same.

Average would be 6.25%.  Anything less than 4%, then, would be "rare".  These are: INTJ, INTP, INFJ, INFP.  I find it interesting that these are all introverted types.  We also find some additional points worthy of note a-la sexual dimorphism.

We also see some things like INTP, ISTP, ENTJ, etc. that would not be considered rare for one sex, but are not rare for the other.

Edited by Guest

Very interesting.  Thanks for posting.

INFJ.  Would be interesting to see trends in personality types over time.  Though in trying to find plots of the increasing/decreasing prevalence of various personality types over time , i found only articles writing off Meyer briggs as a farce/fad.  i know my brother classifies as a INFJ also.  But who can resist their personality analysis page - it certainly offers a boost to a person's ego - regardless of classification.

I almost always get INFP when I take these tests.  My wife too.  It fits in some ways for me, less so in others.  Although only two percent of the population is actually INFP, I wonder if we kind of gravitate towards one another, because I know a lot of INFPs among my friends . . .

Here's the older thread about this.  (Scanning through the thread, I see some folks I haven't heard from in a long time!  Like, our resident LGBT guy SoulSearcher.  Our fantasy writer JudoMinja.  The other Filipino representive Bini.  Beefche's husband Dravin.  etc. etc.)

Anyway, I always test ENTJ on this thing.  Which makes me Princess Lea.  :)

star_wars_mbti.png