New Temple Predictions

SilentOne

2 hours ago, Carborendum said:

I sure hope they build another one in Southern Japan.  They really need one.  The Tokyo temple is at full capacity.  And Church membership in the Osaka region is high enough to warrant at least one of those part-time temples (I don't know what the formal name for them is).

The problem with Japan is that because it's a densely-populated island nation, land is often at a premium. 

It's possible that any future temples in Japan will be done up how the church did the temple in Manhattan, that is they purchased an existing building, made one level the temple, and made the next level a chapel. Given how packed Osaka itself is (to the point of it blurring into several other major cities), I'm having a hard time envisioning any other way to go unless they somehow get permission to build within the mountains. 

Throwing out some places I didn't see already in the thread:

Aberdeen, Scotland

Fairbanks, Alaska, USA

La Paz, Baja California Sur, Mexico

Maracaibo, Venezuela

Neuquén, Argentina

Pensacola, Florida, USA

Port of Spain, Trinidad

Price, Utah, USA

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

Puerto Montt, Chile

Savai’i, Samoa

Cancún, Mexico

Piura, Peru

Huancayo, Peru

Viña del Mar, Chile

Goiãnia, Brazil

João Pessoa, Brazil

Calabar, Nigeria

Cape Coast, Ghana

Luanda, Angola

Mbuji-Mayi, Democratic Republic of the Congo

Laoag, Philippines

Osaka, Japan

Colorado Springs, Colorado

Tulsa, Oklahoma

Roanoke, Virginia

Kahului, Hawaii

Fairbanks, Alaska

Vancouver, Washington

Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia

The Good Guessing Recognition Post

On 9/23/2018 at 7:49 PM, SilentOne said:

Now throwing out a few guesses: Bangor, Maine; San Juan, Puerto Rico; Budapest, Hungary; Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia

On 9/25/2018 at 3:31 PM, Emmanuel Goldstein said:

Here are my guesses for the next few years:

...Kahului, Hawaii...

On 4/5/2020 at 1:55 PM, Emmanuel Goldstein said:

one way to help predict the location of temples is the population of members vs. temple located nearby.

Here is my best guess list for this year:

-Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia...

On 4/6/2020 at 1:09 AM, Guest Scott said:

Anyway for the next few years, here are my predictions:

...Colorado Springs...

On 9/26/2021 at 1:57 PM, mirkwood said:

Earth.

On 9/29/2021 at 10:57 PM, clwnuke said:

3. The Vancouver (WA) Temple

On 10/2/2022 at 12:21 PM, SilentOne said:

I think I'll also put the possibilities of Jakarta, Indonesia; Rosario, Argentina; Santa Ana, El Salvador; and Cancún, Mexico out there.

On 9/28/2023 at 8:52 AM, Carborendum said:

I sure hope they build another one in Southern Japan.  They really need one.  The Tokyo temple is at full capacity.  And Church membership in the Osaka region is high enough to warrant at least one of those part-time temples (I don't know what the formal name for them is).

7 hours ago, SilentOne said:

Throwing out some places I didn't see already in the thread:

...Fairbanks, Alaska, USA...

And with a 100% accurate, 4/4 list:

On 9/24/2023 at 9:47 PM, zil2 said:

Why not go for broke?  I predict1:

North Korea, Vatican City, Iran, and Israel. [blank lines deleted]

1That it won't be any of these. :D :P

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2023 at 12:43 PM, Ironhold said:

The problem with Japan is that because it's a densely-populated island nation, land is often at a premium. 

They've done that in Japan already.  The Kobe Mission home is the same building as a stake center.  And the building footprint is very small.  It has multiple floors for both the mission home and the church.

Tokyo has an interesting story behind it.  The Church bought some vacant land outside of Tokyo many years ago.  They were waiting for the city to build out to warrant a temple.  At that time, some big developer wanted that land to build a big development.  Some people say it was Disney wanting to build Disneyland - Tokyo.

Whoever it was, they wanted to buy it from the Church.  At the time, it was Pres Kimball, but Elder Hinckley was the "Special Assistant."  He said no.

They then said, "We have this other property that is in the heart of Tokyo and we'll build any building you want on it for free and give you top dollar for your land."

Elder Hinckley said yes.  That is how we got a temple in downtown Tokyo in a prime real estate area.