Hello October

mirkwood

Mirkwood, there was an Unsolved Mysteries on the Gurdon Light in Arkansas.  I suggest you watch it.  I am posting the video below.   The video starts at 2:10 and goes until 13:10.  It is interesting to me and perhaps supernatural.

3 hours ago, Still_Small_Voice said:

Mirkwood, there was an Unsolved Mysteries on the Gurdon Light in Arkansas.  I suggest you watch it.  I am posting the video below.   The video starts at 2:10 and goes until 13:10.  It is interesting to me and perhaps supernatural.

So, why hasn't someone chased down the lights when they appear.  When they start, someone runs towards them till the get to it's source...or, if they stop, position someone down the tracks until they appear and see if the other person sees them...and evaluate what is causing them?

You would think that the Scientist studying it could get someone at the source of where it originates at some point by positioning students at different areas getting closer or further as the lights go off.

Edited by JohnsonJones

To keep from clogging the forum - 

At the end of the month we're going to have a movie adaptation of the "Five Nights At Freddy's" multimedia horror franchise. 

The bulk of the story takes place in and around the city of Hurricane, Utah, so expect people to possibly be asking questions about Utah and maybe the church depending upon what the movie brings up. 

(nutshell: a mad scientist got a job as a security guard at a Chuck E. Cheese - type pizzeria so that he had a ready supply of test subjects, and his victims have possessed the animatronics in the hope of having their revenge... but since they only know him as a guard at the building, they're attacking anyone in a guard's uniform.)

Seeing all the Halloween stuff in the shops always makes me smile. 

Got me wondering if thirdhour would be interested in hearing my experience with an apparition back in 2012? Then I thought, nah, I'd just be another faceless person / bot on the web sharing stories. But then, what happened to me did actually happen so, maybe a ghost story based 100% on fact is just the ticket around here. Somebody will have to start a poll or something and if enough people are interested I'll dive into my archives and dust off that particular book from way back when.  

Edited by EH12NG

20 hours ago, EH12NG said:

Got me wondering if thirdhour would be interested in hearing my experience with an apparition back in 2012? 

@EH12NG   Oh - I'm interested in a firsthand ghost story!   And this is a good thread to share it. 

With a little luck, we'll all act like we know the difference between a personal experience, beliefs, theology, and doctrine.

22 hours ago, EH12NG said:

Got me wondering if thirdhour would be interested in hearing my experience with an apparition back in 2012?

I'd be interested in hearing your ghostly tale! Here's my own ghostly tale as upfront payment: (I turn off the lights and shine a torch up at my face.)

We were staying at my grandparents' house on the Isle of Wight. The Island is a ghostly place to start with, and though I've been there more times than I can count (the most recent being this past summer) this is the only ghostly experience I can remember having there. Anyway my brother and I (we were kids at the time) had been picking apples for our grandparents from the tree in the garden. We loved doing this (it was a very tall and exciting tree) but we had the added incentive that our grandfather paid us. After one one day's climbing and picking he gave us 50p (which must have been the equivalent of about $10 in modern US money).

A lovely bright shiny fifty pence piece:

Great Britain Fifty Pence "Britannia revised inscription" 1998-2009 ...

As we were getting ready for bed (we shared a double bed - and my brother always kept me awake half the night complaining about my snoring) I asked my brother if he had the 50p piece safe. He went through all his pockets and couldn't find it. I went through all my pockets and couldn't find it either. We stood side by side by the bed, totally perplexed. Then I felt something brush past my shoulder. The 50p coin shot between us plopped onto the bed. No one else but us was in the room.

So that's the ghostly tale of the fifty pence piece. Over to you now...  

Edited by Jamie123