If today was your last day...

Hemidakota

This is an awesome view!!

Concerning a similiar question

<http://video.stumbleupon.com/#p=ithct48cqw>

To answer your question. While I am not ready for this meeting because I am still a work in progress and would like to continue to enjoy life here on earth and grow.

I am comfortable because I know that I have been heading in the correct direction (daily prayers, obediance, service, faith, etc.) for quite sometime and know that Gods grace will make up the difference.

If today was your last day in mortality, are you ready or feel comfortable in meeting those across the veil?

If it were my choice to make I would choose to end my mortal probation and rest. In the mean time I will stay and endure as long as it suits my master.

The Traveler

I was pretty unwell about two years ago. I seriously thought I wouldn't live to see, well, two years later.

I know for sure I have no fear of death itself. I am only saddened by the idea that I'd be leaving my most beloved friends behind.

Now the way I die might be frightening. Some ways more and some less 'comfortable' than others... o_O

I will always have a lot more to work on. But at this point in my life, the harder thing for me would be leaving my five children. They are 10 and under. So I feel like the purposes that I have been sent here for besides my own growth are not done. Somedays I do get homesick for heaven.

Here is an email I got today that sort of ties into the topic:

LAST MOMENTS

On a recent transatlantic flight, a plane passes through a severe storm. The turbulence is awful, and things go from bad to worse when one wing is struck by lightning.

One woman in particular loses it. Screaming, she stands up in the front of the plane. "I'm too young to die," she wails. Then she yells, "Well, if I'm going to die, I want my last minutes on earth to be memorable! Is there ANYONE on this plane who can make me feel like a WOMAN?"

For a moment there is silence. Everyone has forgotten their own peril. They all stare, riveted, at the desperate woman in the front of the plane. Then a man stands up in the rear of the plane. He is gorgeous, tall, well built, with dark brown hair and blue eyes. He starts to walk slowly up the aisle, unbuttoning his shirt..., one button at a time.

.......No one moves.

.......He removes his shirt.

.......Muscles ripple across his chest.

.......She gasps...

.......and He says......

"Iron this, and get me something to eat...."

Well, I spent the early part of today at the Temple and the latter part doing service for others so I should probably be ready to go. But I'm not. I feel like I have so very many things I need to improve about me first. It seems lately every talk in Sacrament has been something I need to hear so I can become a better person. I have a long way to go to become the person I want to be. A very long way and it's going to take some time. I hope I'm given that time.

I am happy to see a thread on this topic. My father is in his final stage of cancer and is going through so much. I can't imagine what is going through his mind these days. Sometimes he stares off into the distance and I just watch him. With all of the doctors telling him things like he is in his last month of life dad is telling us he is getting better. Dad is still teaching us so much.

I am happy to see a thread on this topic. My father is in his final stage of cancer and is going through so much. I can't imagine what is going through his mind these days. Sometimes he stares off into the distance and I just watch him. With all of the doctors telling him things like he is in his last month of life dad is telling us he is getting better. Dad is still teaching us so much.

My grandmother died this month of cancer. 85 years old, smoke 3 packs a day for 65 years and just got cancer this year, when she found out she had cancer, she died in two weeks. When she found out her attitude was "Well, I'm 85 and a heavy smoker, what else would I have?" What a great attitude LOL I cant wait to see her again.

I am soooooo not ready to buy the farm yet! I'm still trying to get my life right side up from my last "peek over the knife's edge." That, and I'm so crabby that hades would probably kick me out due to fear of me taking over the place! ;D