Strange things you've gotten choked-up about.

Jenamarie

Reading Fancy Nancy to my 5 year old tonight got me all choked up. Seriously. The way she tried to "fancify" her family, the look on her family's face when they walked into the pizza parlor in their "fancy attire", and the very end where "there's no fancier - or better - way to say I love you". Oh. My. Gosh. I love a fictional little girl!

(but probably because she reminds me so much of my own, REAL little girl ^_^ )

Tell me I'm not the only one who gets choked up over random stuff like this. :P

The color guard at parades always gets me. I know what's coming, and I try to think of something else, but seeing the VFW marching in step with the flags always gets me teary lol. This last summer the Cassia County fair parade had bagpipes with the flags and I almost bawled. Unfair!

I get choked up over flyovers. They get me every single time.

Flyovers, yes, especially in missing man formation.

21 gun salute.

Taps.

:patriot:

Also, singing, "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing," and being unsuccessful at remaining composed, each and every time.

And then there are the unexpected things, with sometimes the most small or random thing catching me completely off guard, touching my soul with deep and profound tenderness, gratitude, or sadness and sorrow. Or, I should probably say, that the Spirit will unexpectedly stir my soul deeply through them.

I saw a youtube video of a guy dancing in different places across the world. I don't know why but it touched me so that I cried.

I don't normally cry much but that got to me.

It's

! I love it too! I haven't cried (maybe when I'm PMSing I'll watch it), but it gives me chills every time - especially in that version where everybody runs in and starts dancing with him (0:50) or when he breaks into dance with the ladies in Gurgaon, India (2:36). It's something simple about uniting individuals in the world even if it's with some silly dance.

OK, my admission here is that I cried the other night while reading the book I'll Love You Forever with my son at bedtime on Friday. You know, the one about the woman who breaks into her son's house when he's all grown up because she insists on singing a lullaby to him? Okay, okay, it's kind of a sweet book (minus that part - it kinda makes me want to say, "Cut the cord lady!"). ANYWAY, it's just about a sweet relationship between a mother and son. Soooo even though it's not very strange that a chick would cry at a book like that, I'm usually thinking sarcastic thoughts and picking it apart.

The sweet part of it was that my son tried to give me a side hug from where he was laying next to me on the bed. When it didn't seem to cheer me up to his satisfaction, he climbed up to sit on my stomach, took my face in his hands and said while wiping my eyes with his thumbs, "It's okay Honey, it's okay" which only made me cry harder but mixed in laughter.

Haha, I choked up while watching Up when the old guy's wife died at the beginning.

Singing church hymns makes me teary eyed. Music is my favorite way to invite the Spirit. So many great hymns.

D&C 122 and 19:15-16 are powerful scriptures that have made me cry while reading. Also Helaman 12. Elder Eyring quoting that in October 2001 shortly after 9-11 was amazing. LDS.org - Ensign Article - Prayer

Flyovers, yes, especially in missing man formation.

21 gun salute.

Taps.

:patriot:

Also, singing, "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing," and being unsuccessful at remaining composed, each and every time.

And then there are the unexpected things, with sometimes the most small or random thing catching me completely off guard, touching my soul with deep and profound tenderness, gratitude, or sadness and sorrow. Or, I should probably say, that the Spirit will unexpectedly stir my soul deeply through them.

Missing man formation is my favorite. How did you know? :) I get choked up everytime I see the Blue Angels perform or even when I just see a small clip of them. They are my heroes.

I get choked up all the time about all sorts of stuff.

One guy I can really relate to is that memorable X-factor contestant (X-factor is the British equivalent of American Idol) who performed Bat Out of Hell - complete with bat impersonations - and for his encore sang Puff the Magic Dragon and burst into tears in the last verse when "Jackie Paper came no more!"

He's my hero!

Reading Fancy Nancy to my 5 year old tonight got me all choked up. Seriously. The way she tried to "fancify" her family, the look on her family's face when they walked into the pizza parlor in their "fancy attire", and the very end where "there's no fancier - or better - way to say I love you". Oh. My. Gosh. I love a fictional little girl!

(but probably because she reminds me so much of my own, REAL little girl ^_^ )

Tell me I'm not the only one who gets choked up over random stuff like this. :P

Listening to the narration of Church History now for the last month....I kept asking the Lord, [tears in my eyes] why he didn't allow me to remove the mobs and those apostates when they sought the lives of the early Saints in Missouri. It was hard for me to listen when they tarred both Joseph and Sidney.

It's

! I love it too! I haven't cried (maybe when I'm PMSing I'll watch it), but it gives me chills every time - especially in that version where everybody runs in and starts dancing with him (0:50) or when he breaks into dance with the ladies in Gurgaon, India (2:36). It's something simple about uniting individuals in the world even if it's with some silly dance.

OK, my admission here is that I cried the other night while reading the book I'll Love You Forever with my son at bedtime on Friday. You know, the one about the woman who breaks into her son's house when he's all grown up because she insists on singing a lullaby to him? Okay, okay, it's kind of a sweet book (minus that part - it kinda makes me want to say, "Cut the cord lady!"). ANYWAY, it's just about a sweet relationship between a mother and son. Soooo even though it's not very strange that a chick would cry at a book like that, I'm usually thinking sarcastic thoughts and picking it apart.

The sweet part of it was that my son tried to give me a side hug from where he was laying next to me on the bed. When it didn't seem to cheer me up to his satisfaction, he climbed up to sit on my stomach, took my face in his hands and said while wiping my eyes with his thumbs, "It's okay Honey, it's okay" which only made me cry harder but mixed in laughter.

On Mother's Day last year the youth speaker (a 17 year old young man) read that book over the pulpit. He got a lot of pats on the back from the older Priesthood men after the meeting for making all the women in the chapel cry. ^_^

Those darned onions! I know it smarts your eyes so you get teary-eyed, but the stupid thing about it is, I end up really emotionally bawling because, for some insane reason, the tears invites my brain to start thinking about all the bad stuff I went through. I refuse to chop onions because of it.

Random commercials on the tv. I hate it. I will be watching tv and some random commercial will come on and it will catch me strangely and I will end up tearing up over it. It makes me feel like some soft hearted woman who can't keep from crying over everything. It also makes me worry that there is something hormonally imbalanced with me. Maybe I am just weepy.

It's

Thank you amd yeah, I cried again. There's something so sad and touching about knowing we all have that little bit inside that makes it possible to dance with a stranger and let it all go for a while, even in the Korean DMZ.

I didn't used to like the hymn "The Spirit of God" because as hymns go, it was "overplayed," if you will. Well, I now live in the Kirtland, OH stake (I live about 25 minutes away from Kirtland). Singing it here is a completely different experience. That hymn will never be the same for me. Our are is pretty transient, with lots of student families moving in and out every summer, so last summer, we combined our Sacrament meetings each week with another ward. We filled the overflow and then into the gym some, but either ward alone would have left the chapel only about 2/3 full. I was the ward music director at that time, so one week, I chose for one of our hymns to be "The Spirit of God." I could hardly get through leading it. It was an amazing experience.

The National Anthem when its done correctly...always at the end of the movie called "Field of Dreams" when he starts playing catch with is Dad. When I go to Nauvoo we watch the movies in the visitors center at least 2-3 times while there. The end of that movie when Joseph is riding thru town on his way to Carthage always gets me. When watching the movie about the Savior the church has out always gets me to when he heals the sick.