I feel im being abused?

dogemily

I lol'd at this thread like 5 times. A 15 yo and a 13 yo in a ketchup fight at McD's eh? The kids should be embarrassed, but the parents should be more embarrassed...who raises kids like this? If this is true, good luck to the lot of you, I think you all need it.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree- smells like a troll to me.

I am absolutely amazed that mods and members alike have fed into these two posts.

When I read the OP to my husband, he said: Pampers? Is that all she has said she would do, I would not only put him in pampers, he would get a bottle, and be placed in a crib large enough that he COULD NOT GET OUT OF!

Why the mother allowed the two kids to escalate to condiment throwing is beyond me. The manager of the McD's should have thrown the three of them out also.

Meh- the spelling and text language equates to under 14 year old to me. OR an adult trying to come across like a 15 year old. Troll, non-the-less.

By The Way, I thought that new members had to post in existing threads a minimum of 10 posts BEFORE they could start their own thread. Whats with that? Glitch in the system, or what?

Why would one assume this is a troll?

A 15 year old getting into a ketchup fight with his 13 year old brother would post something like this. And this is the dad's girlfriend of 3 years, not the mother. For all we know, the mother/dad, completely dropped the ball on teaching the kids manners. Not the fault of the girlfriend/step-mom.

And have you seen the posts coming from teen-agers and adults alike on youtube comments and movie reviews? Yep, written just like this.

It doesn't help a troubled 15 year old to be treated like a troll. And if it is really a troll, we'll know soon enough.

Your mom is certainly being immature about it. But, so are you, OP.

Instead of worrying about your mom's immaturity (which would be quite difficult for you to change), worry about acting more mature yourself. That will still be tough to change, but will, in the end, make a far greater positive impact in your life than trying to justify it, get revenge, or worrying about other people.

Is this a real person? They throw ketchup on some poor woman at McDonalds and then wonders why her mother went off on her? Mom gets a little ticked that she's out $45 to clean the woman's clothes and there is no understanding why mom is upset?

I'm not sure this is a real post. The grammar and spelling are awful, even for a teen, unless English is not the OP's first language. If I had lost my mind and done something that caused my mother to spend money on my behalf, maybe money that she doesn't have, I would have kept my head down and shut up. I'd be happy that all she wanted to do was take away the X box and not let me take drivers training, instead of killing me where I stood.

And then you go off about the age of the woman you spilled ketchup on, you ageist little brat.

Dr Laura used to suggest a nice punishment for bad behavior - strip the room of everything but the bare furniture, take away all clothes except enough to go to school and church in, take away TV, computer, whatever electronics (if you had a cell phone, it would be gone), and you live like that until you get your mind right. And if you keep being a jerk, the door comes off the bedroom. I love Dr Laura.

Go ahead and call CPS. You'd freak with what they might do to you; foster homes aren't always nice places. There's rape and all kinds of abuse. Maybe it will take a year or two before your mother gets you back. Maybe she ends up spending thousands on legal fees or fines and you guys wind up poverty-stricken for the next few years. You're gonna wish you were in Pampers. Speaking of which, why does that freak you out so much?

You child.

have you ever personally heard other mothers say that to there kids before?

We're not talking about other mothers. We're talking about your mother. And quite frankly, it's not about her. It's about you. You need to grow up.

my mom never hits me

Maybe that's the problem. You probably could've used a good spanking now and then. Might've gotten your attention &/or shown a little more respect to your parents.

Edited by skippy740
clarifying my intention behind my post

i know people are probably laughing at me on here about my mom saying i need pampers back on me..im sorry she hurt my feelings. i call her mom but she is my dads girlfriend for the past 3 years.

It doesn't really matter WHO she is. The fact is, is that you are trying to evade personal responsibility for your actions and shifting the blame to your "mom" - whomever she is.

well you sound about 2 to me right now so maybe you do need diapers. check out vorts thread for some cool ones. Behave two and you get treated like two. Behave like 13 and you get treated like 13.

Behave like 17 and your mom would be glad to have you learn to drive. Believe me its pretty tiring to be hauling kids around all the time when they could be driving themselves IF they showed maturity enough to be a good driver.

Oh and how are you planning on repaying your mom for the $35 she had to spend keeping you from getting the cops called on YOU?

Sweetie, I had to laugh at the idea of a ketchup fight at McDonalds, that just sounded like you and your brother got a little too rowdy, no big thing. But the problem happened when your horsing around involved others around you and your dad's gf had to pay out a lot of money for dry cleaning. And now you're defensive and angry and why can't ppl see you didn't mean any harm? I can see my oldest saying that. You embarrassed your mom and embarrassed yourself. It's a learning moment, take from it the idea that you aren't little anymore. Think of it this way: what would you rather do, get into a food fight at McDonalds or get your driver's license? That will show you just where you stand on the maturity timeline :D

Edited by talisyn
change of pronoun

MY MOM JUST DIDNT CALL ME A BABY BUT TOLD ME I BELONG IN PAMPERS AGAIN look people heard her call me a baby in mcdonalds and tell me that she was going to get me diapers and a crib for what i did. i have witnessess dont you think that would help with soical servcies. its not fair it was only ketchup the people in front of us were old like in 60s they wouldnt even know it was on there clothes if my mom didnt say anything.no one got hurt. i dont want to sound like a whinny baby cause im not . she had to pay 45 bucks for the clothes i ruined but that was her choice. what gets me NO OTHER MOM WOULD TELL ME THAT I SHOULD BE IN DIAPERS AND NEED A BOTTLE ONLY MINE DOES THAT. thats how un cool she is.. IT WAS ONLY MCDONALDS NO PLACE FANCY AND IT WAS KETCHUP. her telling everyone im a baby and stuff was foul and abunch of lies. like i said she took away my x box and games and I pod. she wont let me take drivers ed in school saying im to immature to drive.

on the car ride home she is screaming and me and my brother. telling us we made her look bad as a parent that we behaved like a bunch of toddlers. God hates me thats what it is.

Well, if you do not learn some modicum of social graces by sitting in your crib looking through the bars, there are always the steel ones where ones who do not learn to act correctly when the police are no longer amused by your behavior.

If I had done something like that, I would have been beaten within an inch of my life.

WOW what is with kids now days lol, when I was 15 if I had done something like that it would have been alot worse for me then what you got count yourself lucky.

Grow up say sorry to your mom for being an immature little kid, pay her back for the money you lost her, and start acting like a 15 year old and move on with your life.

In ~20 years when you have your own 15 year old kid you will look back and feel sorry for what you did to your mom and see how good you really had it.

Look at it this way, a 13 and 15 yr old kid fighting in public. Throwing ketchup at eachother... If I was your mother i would be embarassed and fustrated. She has never phyiscally harmed but yet you take advantage of that and throw fits like a child. Its time to grow up and be an example to your younger brother. You are not a kid, if you want to drive, act your age.

And your mother taking away those video games of yours may have been a good idea for the way you reacted. She was wrong for calling you names but you should not hold that against her. Talk it out with her in a one on one conversation and get your feelings out. Do not yell, raise your voice, or act that you know whats better. Guse what? Your mother has been alive longer and im sure knows whats good for you and how to behave.

I hope you and your mother and your younger brother can understand eachother. Communicate, go to her. Act like an adult and discuss your feelings and sort it out. Stop throwing fits. That does not help. Unless you want to continue being treated like a kid.

i know people are probably laughing at me on here about my mom saying i need pampers back on me..im sorry she hurt my feelings. i call her mom but she is my dads girlfriend for the past 3 years.

There's no law against hurting your child's feelings. You acted immaturely and you don't like the consequences. Was it necessary for her to call you a baby? No. But I would be fuming mad too if I had to pay $45 for my kids' thoughtlessness. If you can't take drivers' ed, it's because your mom thinks you don't have the judgment you need yet to take on that responsibility. If I were you, I would find a way to earn that $45 and pay her back.

It must not feel great to hear you should be in pampers again, but you should spend some time in a home where real abuse is going on. My brother just handled a case where a brother and sister were locked in their room, denied food, and beaten regularly with a 2x4. He collected the blood samples from it.

dogemily.

I agree with the suggestions you've gotten here. A few would have done more than your "mother". I'd have grounded you from the ability to get online and splatter online forums with more of your imature "catsup" fighting.

Hmmm,... all this drama, when a little humility would have taken you so much further.

Edited by Magen_Avot

Okay, perhaps calling you names was a bit much, but you really should have known better than to start a ketchup fight. Also, I think you should be paying back the money your mom spent to pay for the clothes you ruined. Really, you wrecked 'em. you pay for them. My 9 & 11 year olds have been paying for things they break or ruin for years. If they don't have an income, they work them off. Sounds like you are a bit spoiled. Parents are not perfect and the yelling might not have been the best choice, but I think I might have lost it if my kids did that at the age of 5, let alone teenagers!

All I am saying is think about what you did and make that right. By making it right I mean paying back your mom. Then maybe she will realize you are growing up after all.

I'm guessing that dogemily has been piled on enough that he has gone away. I am also guessing that he's probably not mature enough yet to understand how badly he acted and how much his stepmom's reaction was not abusive. Suboptimal, certainly, but not abusive.

I don't want to continue piling on the poor kid. But if you're still reading this, dogemily, the fact that EVERY PERSON on this thread has said more or less the same thing -- that YOU are to blame for your antisocial actions and that you should apologize to your stepmom and make amends, not wait for her to do so -- should indicate that your thinking on the matter isn't where you want it to be.

When you accept responsibility for your own actions and the consequences of them, you become free. It's a wonderful thing. In short, it's called "growing up", and it's the best thing about adulthood. Sadly, a great many adults never do grow up, and spend their entire lives blaming others for their bad situations. Don't be one of them.

I believe Dogemily has left the thread. While I do agree with what's been said for the most part, I feel bad that he was called a girl and accused of being a troll.....He sounds like a very immature teenager who needs our gentle yet firm advice and mostly, a lot of love.

He sounds pretty frustrated to be willing to come here and vent. It's sad to think this was the only place for him to do so.....While I'm not at all intimating that he's in an abusive home, I am worried for him....There is a reason he is as immature as he is. He needs our love and support along with our adult chastening.