What’s the last movie you watched?

Connie

Taken 3.  2.5/5.  Let's hope that is the end of the Taken movies.

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:36 PM

Latter Days Guy, on 28 Mar 2015 - 4:52 PM, said

:snapback.png

The current season of Grimm is great! Some big things in store but I won't mention them... Spoilers!!

Three episodes left...yea, I didn't see that surprise coming...or that other one...wondering if there are any more big surprises.

Taken 3.  2.5/5.  Let's hope that is the end of the Taken movies.

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:36 PM

Latter Days Guy, on 28 Mar 2015 - 4:52 PM, said

:snapback.png

Three episodes left...yea, I didn't see that surprise coming...or that other one...wondering if there are any more big surprises.

Yeh but if there happens to be a Taken 4, you know you're gonna see it...

Our theater finally just got "Woman In Gold." The Rotten Tomatoes rating is absolutely incorrect, if one has any interest at all in films about the holocaust or WWII in Europe at all, this is one of the best on the subject. One f-bomb, not at all gratuituous. This film is not getting the praise or attention that it deserves. Please if you plan on visiting the theater this weekend or in the near future, please see this movie. And if your theater doesn't have it yet - tell them they should! 

Furious 7

It just gets crazier and crazier. I super duper love cars. I super duper hate that they have to put in-your-face buttocks shots with the cars. I guess it's a guy thing.

Ronda Rousey's role here sucks. It's like - hey, lets just put Rousey here so more guys will watch it. It doesn't make sense that some girl just beat 5 other girls and then faces Rousey, still goes slinging, beating up Rousey, both fall off the balcony aaaand... that's the end of Rousey.

And then they go steal some hard drive off a car and they only have very few minutes before they get caught, so the big dude lifts the car while the little dude goes under it to finagle his way to the drive, couldn't get there in time, so they bust into the car and he goes gets the drive... I mean... why didn't you just do that in the first place...

Okay, okay, it's good. I'll even watch Furious 8 even without Paul.

Mansfield Park

Now, Palerider. You can't just throw out Mansfield Park like that with me. You must tell me which version it was and what you thought. Come on, spill it.

• 2 weeks later...

Woman in Gold.

Super excellent movie. I love Helen Mirren. She is so elegant and noble. Everytime I see her I long for the days when women still walked and talked in a very refine feminine manner. Anyway, I like this movie.

Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2

I had fun watching my kids laugh like crazy on this movie. It's definitely something that appeals to middle school boys. Not so much the adults. There were 3 elderly people seated next to us and they all fell asleep!!! We have a remodeled theater in town now that has "Home theater reclining leather couches" for seats and it is smack-dab awesome... and made it easier for the oldies to sleep in boring movies. LOL!

My almost 4-year old kiddo is obsessed with Spinjitsu, Ninja Turtles, and Power Rangers right now. Not sure why she's so fascinated by it, I wasn't particularly a big fan myself, but do have some fond memories of the old TV series when I was a kid. Anyway, the stuff gives me a headache but probably because she watches at least one series everyday. Ugh. She wants to be a Power Ranger for Halloween already lol.

• pam featured this topic
  • pam unfeatured this topic