What’s the last movie you watched?

Connie

I'm interested to hear about how Seventh Son compares to the book it is based on (The Last Apprentice by Joseph Delaney, at least that's the title in America. i guess elsewhere it's The Spook's Apprentice).  If anyone is familiar with both, i would love to know your thoughts.

I'm interested to hear about how Seventh Son compares to the book it is based on (The Last Apprentice by Joseph Delaney, at least that's the title in America. i guess elsewhere it's The Spook's Apprentice).  If anyone is familiar with both, i would love to know your thoughts.

Besides they used the same character names and that there's a spook, an apprentice, and demons, ghosts, boggarts, and witches... there's not much in common between the book (or the book series) and the movie.

Edited by anatess

I watched "Shattered Glass" while on vacation. Tells the great story of a reporter who was busted for lying about his stories. True story too. 

I liked this movie.  I had such high hopes for that kid - Christensen - but, for some reason, he just didn't fly off after the Star Wars movies.  This and Life As A House are the only movies that I actually like with him in it.  Jumper could have been really good... but his wife and the script writers ruined that movie.  He did such a fantastic nuanced job with Life As a House.  You see a lot of it in Shattered Glass as well.  But, I don't know... he just has no luck with choosing good parts/directors, I guess.

Edited by anatess

Guest MormonGator

I liked this movie.  I had such high hopes for that kid - Christensen - but, for some reason, he just didn't fly off after the Star Wars movies.  This and Life As A House are the only movies that I actually like with him in it.  Jumper could have been really good... but his wife and the script writers ruined that movie.  He did such a fantastic nuanced job with Life As a House.  You see a lot of it in Shattered Glass as well.  But, I don't know... he just has no luck with choosing good parts/directors, I guess.

Well said. Totally, 100% agree.

I feel sorry for him (as sorry as I can feel for a guy making millions in a really cool job) but he's actually a very good actor. 

Been watching a bunch of different points on different ancient arms and warfare from a history hobbyist and person who engages in ancient warfare recreations, and his insights from trying to recreate historical scenarios and his studies.

Edited by Blackmarch

Terminator - Rise Against the Machines

The 2nd Terminator is still my favorite, but this one is cool too.

Terminator - Salvation

My least favorite Terminator movie.  I don't like John Connor's wife.  I can't get over her heavily made-up face in a post-apocalyptic world.

Man without a Face

Went to watch this after realizing John Connor from Rise Against the Machines is the kid in this movie.  He was such a great actor in this movie but he was more low key in RAM.  One of my favorite movies... I think of this movie when things like Michael Jackson's court case, Treyvon/Zimmerman, Ferguson, Tom Brady's deflated footballs, etc, etc, go into the news.  It just reminds me to not judge before one digs up all the information.

Man of Fire (edited for TV).

Denzel Washington and Dakota Fanning - 2 powerhouse actors (yeah, even with Dakota only 10 years old)... but man, I really don't like the music-video-type cinematography.  Music videos are cool because it's only 5 minutes long.  2 hours of all that flickering is a recipe for a migraine!

Edited by anatess

• pam featured this topic
  • pam unfeatured this topic