What kind of tea do you like?

ming57

I love strong hot tea recently, especially black tea and Oolong tea. Sometimes I drink tea with honey and lemon, It tastes very good. 
When the clock rang, everything in the world stopped for tea. Read a book quietly, then a cup of tea, I am very enjoy it.
What kind of tea do you like?:P

1 hour ago, pam said:

Many Mormons do drink herbal tea or better word infusion.  Just no tea made from green or black tea leaves.  

Easier way of phrasing it: no tea made from the tea plant.  Black, green, and white teas are all made from the same tea plant.  "Herbal" teas are drinks made from other plants.  Some LDS folks drink those.  I personally do not, because I'm no good at sipping and nothing tastes good enough to warrant a burnt tongue.  

Just now, Jane_Doe said:

Easier way of phrasing it: no tea made from the tea plant.  Black, green, and white teas are all made from the same tea plant.  "Herbal" teas are drinks made from other plants.  Some LDS folks drink those.  I personally do not, because I'm no good at sipping and nothing tastes good enough to warrant a burnt tongue.  

One of the reasons I used the word infusion.  If not made from tea leaves they can't be tea. :)  They are an infusion.

The handwritten Russian t looks like the same character we use for m.  The handwritten Russian T, however, looks quite different from our M, though the link between Russian T and Russian t is recognizable.  Meanwhile, in print, the Russian T is just like ours, while the Russian t is like a little T.

I've enjoyed this stroll down T lane.  Thanks, @Vort, for beating me to it... :P

DISCLAIMER:  This site is not an official organ of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. @prisonchaplain is not a baptized member of the church. This response would not be in compliance with the Word of Wisdom.

So...yeah, tea is for those who cannot handle the true nectar of heaven.  I used to be a Java's Witness, but converted to the Church of the Sacred Bean. :pope:

One of my favorite herbal teas was a licorice tisane (I developed my taste for herbal tea in French speaking Quebec, so I have not quite broken my habit of calling them tisane's). The flavor was not strong initially, but the licorice after-taste was really pleasant.

We recently tried our hand at some fruity herbal iced teas. Make up a big batch of strong raspberry tisane, then dilute with ice and sweeten ever so slightly. It was rather nice on hot days, and much less sugar than a fruit juice would have.

1 hour ago, prisonchaplain said:

DISCLAIMER:  This site is not an official organ of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. @prisonchaplain is not a baptized member of the church. This response would not be in compliance with the Word of Wisdom.

So...yeah, tea is for those who cannot handle the true nectar of heaven.  I used to be a Java's Witness, but converted to the Church of the Sacred Bean. :pope:

[singing]
Choose the Sprite, when a Coke is placed before you!
In the Sprite, you don't find the caffeine.
There's a right, and a wrong to every soft drink;
Let the stim-u-lants be your guide.

5 hours ago, MrShorty said:

One of my favorite herbal teas was a licorice tisane (I developed my taste for herbal tea in French speaking Quebec, so I have not quite broken my habit of calling them tisane's). The flavor was not strong initially, but the licorice after-taste was really pleasant.

We recently tried our hand at some fruity herbal iced teas. Make up a big batch of strong raspberry tisane, then dilute with ice and sweeten ever so slightly. It was rather nice on hot days, and much less sugar than a fruit juice would have.

I have to try it!

On 8/15/2017 at 4:08 PM, prisonchaplain said:

Your astute sense of humor is so wonderful. Some day I hope to grow up and develop one that is similar--never equal--never that--but in the ballpark.  Can I dream?

On 8/29/2017 at 10:42 AM, prisonchaplain said:

:notworthy:

And the student has surpassed the master.:D

7 minutes ago, prisonchaplain said:

I'm embarrassed to ask this...being a Senior Moderator and all... but are jokes about coffee and tea considered "off color" in LDS circles? :o

Depends on the color of the tea.  ba-dum-bum.

Edited by Guest

4 minutes ago, Vort said:

I'm shocked and appalled.

If you are shocked and appalled at my ignorance, then you're not very observant. On the other hand, if you mistakenly quoted me, and meant to quote @The Folk Prophet's admission to imbibing in glorified prune-soda-tea, then I totally get where you are coming from.

3 minutes ago, prisonchaplain said:

If you are shocked and appalled at my ignorance, then you're not very observant. On the other hand, if you mistakenly quoted me, and meant to quote @The Folk Prophet's admission to imbibing in glorified prune-soda-tea, then I totally get where you are coming from.

No, I'm just generally shocked and appalled.