Mad at Modesty

GirlNextDoor

2 minutes ago, Vort said:

I'm a white American man of mostly English extraction, so I use those stereotypes to my advantage: Loud, obnoxious, obese, racist, insular, ignorant, hairy...

You know, I can put up with people with most of those traits.  But "hairy" is just one thing I simply cannot abide.  I mean, of all things.  You can't even control your own hair?!?  What are you a neanderthal?  Sheesh!:P

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

You know, I can put up with people with most of those traits.  But "hairy" is just one thing I simply cannot abide.  I mean, of all things.  You can't even control your own hair?!?  What are you a neanderthal?  Sheesh!:P

I am actually not a very hairy guy. My beard is patchy and not at all impressive. But around my mid-40s, I started growing hair in weird places, like on my back and ears. What the heck? God's little joke for the middle-aged, I guess.

Just now, Vort said:

I am actually not a very hairy guy. My beard is patchy and not at all impressive. But around my mid-40s, I started growing hair in weird places, like on my back and ears. What the heck? God's little joke for the middle-aged, I guess.

TMI.

13 minutes ago, Vort said:

Don't think you'll escape it just because you're Asian. God loves your wife, too, and will provide her with material to laugh at, as he has done with mine.

No, I'm old enough that it would have happened already.  It hasn't.  And, yes, it is an Asian thing.  The only thing that happens to Asians is that our beards and eyebrows get bushier.  My eyebrows were already bushy.  I just can't wait...<_<

Edited by Guest

40 minutes ago, Vort said:

Hair on that smooth Icelandic face?  That would be so weird it would be trippy.

2 hours ago, Dillon said:

No woman, ever, has tried on clothes and said "does this outfit make me invisible, does it make me look plain so no one will notice me?"

No, what she says is "does this outfit make me look sexy, cute, skinnier, etc."

I go for, does it not draw attention while also being acceptably cute and figure flattering. As I have aged, the latter has become: does it not make me look frumpy. Modest and not frumpy looking, takes time and effort to discover. 

2 hours ago, Carborendum said:

First, @Sunday21.  Now you.  Just how many women on this forum are so irresistibly hot that men "just can't control themselves" around you?

@zil, do you have such troubles?  @pam?  @Backroads, is there something you want to tell us?

I seriously think you have me confused with someone else.  Or you've been looking at the wrong facebook page. :P

8 minutes ago, pam said:

I seriously think you have me confused with someone else.  Or you've been looking at the wrong facebook page. :P

I don't even have your facebook page.  I just have a gingerbread fetish.:lol:

1 hour ago, Jane_Doe said:

Yes, I did-- Christ's healing is amazing!!

The point of the story is that I have NEVER dressed to attract male attention.  Instead, I actively went way way out my way to avoid such attention because it was PTSD trigger.   And yet even covered chin-to-fingers-to-toes, I still received male attention, such as stares and advances.

Now, how do you think it makes me feel when you post things like:

How do you think I feel when I read your words here?

Well I guess that's why @Carborendum has been trying to get me to stop with the generalizations, because when I group all women into one category, its just not fair, I guess I had it coming. For that I apologize. Gosh I dont know what to say.  Like I say I have been there before with a loved one in that kind of awful circumstance and I have seen first hand the pain and despair it causes. Its just awful to watch someone you care for deeply go into "lock down" emotionally. I really was trying to be light hearted with my responses, as I am a jokester by trade, however I didnt realize the pain that I could cause for some with my generalizations and for that I personally apologize to you and to any others that I may have offended.

1 hour ago, Dillon said:

Well I guess that's why @Carborendum has been trying to get me to stop with the generalizations, because when I group all women into one category, its just not fair, I guess I had it coming. For that I apologize. Gosh I dont know what to say.  Like I say I have been there before with a loved one in that kind of awful circumstance and I have seen first hand the pain and despair it causes. Its just awful to watch someone you care for deeply go into "lock down" emotionally. I really was trying to be light hearted with my responses, as I am a jokester by trade, however I didnt realize the pain that I could cause for some with my generalizations and for that I personally apologize to you and to any others that I may have offended.

Your "joking" is deeply offensive to any woman who's been molested (which is 1 in 3 before the age of 18, let alone past there) or otherwise suffered from unwanted sexual advances.  Such is world-shattering pain, and no joke.

Your "joking" is deeply offensive to any person who's watched a loved one suffer through that pain. It's not a joke.

Your "joking" is deeply offensive to all the men and women people in this who've learned to control their sexual desire.  Such discipline takes years of hard work to cultivate and is not to be trivialized as some joke. 

Your "joking" is deeply offensive to God, who commands His people learn to control themselves and hears the tears suffered when people don't.

Yes, you are beyond offensive with your comments here.  But, frankly.... frankly I'm not interested in hearing "I'm sorry" from you.  I don't care about that.  

I'm more worried about you.  Is this really how you look on the daughters of God?  As if we were nothing more than mindless bodies dancing around just to devilishly tempt you?  Is that how you look at your friend?  

That's... honestly that's the impression I get from your comments.  And frankly.... that has me really really really worried about you.

35 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Well I guess that's why @Carborendum has been trying to get me to stop with the generalizations

Wow.  Even through the internet all Asians look the same.  Even when one is male and the other is female.

33 minutes ago, Jane_Doe said:

Your "joking" is deeply offensive to any woman who's been molested (which is 1 in 3 before the age of 18, let alone past there) or otherwise suffered from unwanted sexual advances.  Such is world-shattering pain, and no joke.

Your "joking" is deeply offensive to any person who's watched a loved one suffer through that pain. It's not a joke.

Your "joking" is deeply offensive to all the men and women people in this who've learned to control their sexual desire.  Such discipline takes years of hard work to cultivate and is not to be trivialized as some joke. 

Your "joking" is deeply offensive to God, who commands His people learn to control themselves and hears the tears suffered when people don't.

Yes, you are beyond offensive with your comments here.  But, frankly.... frankly I'm not interested in hearing "I'm sorry" from you.  I don't care about that.  

I'm more worried about you.  Is this really how you look on the daughters of God?  As if we were nothing more than mindless bodies dancing around just to devilishly tempt you?  Is that how you look at your friend?  

That's... honestly that's the impression I get from your comments.  And frankly.... that has me really really really worried about you.

Ok now that I have apologized, lets move on and I will learn from that.   I dont know how you are taking my comments like I am sending out so much hate. Now I understand its always a very slippery, tricky, and very narrow narrow slope when you start "insulting" females. And I only use the term "insulting" because as from what I can gather from your responses,  that's what you guys are saying I am doing, ALL I was doing was giving my opinion from observation. Now shall I quote the scriptures from Isiah about the daughters of Zion in the last days? Anyone?  So if the Lord is that upset with the daughters of Zion, I dont think my opinions are that far off base when I say that women,  oops- some women, dress to show off and and for attention. 

1 hour ago, Blueskye2 said:

Truth be told, if I could get way with wearing flannel pajamas all day every day, I would.

You can. Well, maybe not all day, but when you're not at work or church, sure.

My mom tells me she flew from across the country to meet her future in-laws. She was picked up by my grandpa dressed in PJ's. When he was at work, he would dress according to the dress code, but once he was home he would dress as comfortably as he could. And if he had to run an errand, he wasn't going to change for it.