Secret Society

Traveler

We shouldn't be surprised regarding "secret combinations" and secret works of darkness in the United States. As the Book of Mormon is for our time, the highlight of "secret combinations" should be something we all should be vigilant, but not superstitious about. I am positive in the Book of Mormon there were people who pointed out these combinations, these works of darkness. What I wonder, is how did the people respond when information was brought to light? Captain Moroni and others had to fight off these secret combinations of murder, and quests for power. The Book of Mormon is both spiritual and temporal, and we see secret combinations arise more as the people move away from God.

It would be nice if we could see what is developing as God is able to see it. The assassination of JFK was obviously a secret combination of murder -- how deep? -- God knows.

We have a system of government established, and proclaimed through scripture, that the United States origin was guided by God, "And for this purpose have I established the Constitution of this land, by the hands of wise men whom I raised up unto this very purpose, and redeemed the land by the shedding of blood," and yet we have a political party that seeks to undermine what God established.

Also, not every act of a secret combination is in the dark. So I am watchful full well knowing the warnings in the Book of Mormon, and what befell of two great nations on this land.

2 minutes ago, Anddenex said:

Also, not every act of a secret combination is in the dark. So I am watchful full well knowing the warnings in the Book of Mormon, and what befell of two great nations on this land.

And here's my theory... as the prophesy points to the seat of spiritual power being in Jerusalem and the seat of the law being in the US, I believe the US government will be preserved and brought to righteousness for the millennium.  But, that's just me.

11 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

And here's my theory... as the prophesy points to the seat of spiritual power being in Jerusalem and the seat of the law being in the US, I believe the US [Constitution] will be preserved and brought to righteousness for the millennium.  But, that's just me.

I would only change one word shown in quote.

7 minutes ago, mordorbund said:

Time to watch your back.

Barg!  We need the ability to search for posts with attachments.  Somewhere on here, I have a drawing of someone with a convoluted selfie-stick-mirror combo so they could watch their back.  It would be much funnier to link to that than to just tell you it exists, but I cannot find it. :(

9 minutes ago, zil said:

Barg!  We need the ability to search for posts with attachments.  Somewhere on here, I have a drawing of someone with a convoluted selfie-stick-mirror combo so they could watch their back.  It would be much funnier to link to that than to just tell you it exists, but I cannot find it. :(

Ha!

On 1/23/2018 at 11:53 AM, Traveler said:

Sorry to burst your little bubble but Trey Gowty is hardly some random dude on the internet.   I would also point out that 50,000 texts were lost by the FBI.  If anyone is keeping score the FBI has lost a lot of critical evidence.   I understand many think this is funny – I am surprised that anyone that understands warnings about secret societies would make a joke about such a thing.  

The Traveler  

Is that Trey Gowdy's evil twin?  Or good twin?  Depending on how you look at it.

• pam featured this topic

Here's a story I read a long time ago.  Now I can't seem to find the original.  Maybe someone can help me.

Bono (of U2) was trying to use his celebrity to pass a bill through Congress to aid those suffering from poverty throughout the world.  He initially met with indifference, then he finally found a sympathetic ear from a leading senator.  This senator told him of the process he needed to go through and what individuals had the power to get things through Capitol Hill.

As he went down this list and went through a very long trail of politicians and bureaucrats, he was wondering if there was "An Elvis."  Some individual that was behind it all whose ring you had to kiss to give the final blessing.  He got the thing done and found that there was none. 

What I got out of his interview regarding this process he went through was:

What he found was that there were MANY individuals with a LOT of power in government.  Some were elected.  Some were appointed.  And they all had there allies, their spies, and their foot soldiers. They all enjoyed their level of power and they all basically waged war with each other and any newcomers so that they could maintain their power. 

2 hours ago, anatess2 said:

Right.  But the preservation of the Constitution presupposes the government succeeded in protecting it.  No?

No. The people are able to protect the Constitution from the government that is currently undermining it. There are multiple scenarios where the people are able to preserve the Constitution, not the government.

If the prophecy of Orson Pratt (I believe it was Orson and not Parley) is correct regarding the civil war, this is just one scenario.

Guest MormonGator
1 hour ago, Carborendum said:

Here's a story I read a long time ago.  Now I can't seem to find the original.  Maybe someone can help me.

Bono (of U2) was trying to use his celebrity to pass a bill through Congress to aid those suffering from poverty throughout the world.  He initially met with indifference, then he finally found a sympathetic ear from a leading senator.  This senator told him of the process he needed to go through and what individuals had the power to get things through Capitol Hill.

As he went down this list and went through a very long trail of politicians and bureaucrats, he was wondering if there was "An Elvis."  Some individual that was behind it all whose ring you had to kiss to give the final blessing.  He got the thing done and found that there was none. 

What I got out of his interview regarding this process he went through was:

What he found was that there were MANY individuals with a LOT of power in government.  Some were elected.  Some were appointed.  And they all had there allies, their spies, and their foot soldiers. They all enjoyed their level of power and they all basically waged war with each other and any newcomers so that they could maintain their power. 

Here's a story about Bono. 

He stopped a concert and began to clap very slowly. He said, "Every time I clap my hands, a child dies of hunger." An Englishman in the front row yelled out, "Than stop bloody clapping man!" 

The opium trade in China is hardly hidden or secretive – rather it is well documented history.  I would point out that Hong Kong and Taiwan were taken away from China by treaty when they surrendered ending the opium wars in what is called “the Boxer Rebellion”.  There was even a popular movie made staring Charlton Heston titled “55 Days at Peking”.  In Western history, the propaganda is that the war was over foreigners in China – which is only a little stretch of the truth because all the opium trade was controlled by foreigners in China and was why China decided to expel all foreigners.    

Losing the Boxer Rebellion weakened traditional China and was the main reason that Communism eventually came to power in China.  China considers the current independence of Taiwan to be a breach of the treaty.   The Delano’s (Franklin’s mother’s side of the family) has deep roots into the nobility of Europe but their modern fortune was made through the opium trade.  Kind of similar to the Kennedy family that made its fortune dealing in bootleg alcohol during prohibition.   We do not call these secret because their dealings are known and recorded as history.  All that I did is make note that I cannot find any legal efforts to end the drug cartel of which the Delano’s were known to have been involved that ruined China.

I will make this a little easier – Google “opium trade and the Delano family”.  Anyone can read how Warren Delano Jr. (the grandfather of Franklin) made a fortune as a drug cartel main pin player trading opium in China.   I doubt you will encounter these tidbits of history at a typical “liberal” university – never-the-less this is part of recorded history – and is not some crazy conspiracy theory.

The Traveler

5 hours ago, MormonGator said:

Here's a story about Bono. 

He stopped a concert and began to clap very slowly. He said, "Every time I clap my hands, a child dies of hunger." An Englishman in the front row yelled out, "Than stop bloody clapping man!" 

And stop pretending to be relevant outside of the music industry.  U2 another massively over rated band.

14 hours ago, Traveler said:

The opium trade in China is hardly hidden or secretive – rather it is well documented history.  I would point out that Hong Kong and Taiwan were taken away from China by treaty when they surrendered ending the opium wars in what is called “the Boxer Rebellion”.  There was even a popular movie made staring Charlton Heston titled “55 Days at Peking”.  In Western history, the propaganda is that the war was over foreigners in China – which is only a little stretch of the truth because all the opium trade was controlled by foreigners in China and was why China decided to expel all foreigners.    

Losing the Boxer Rebellion weakened traditional China and was the main reason that Communism eventually came to power in China.  China considers the current independence of Taiwan to be a breach of the treaty.   The Delano’s (Franklin’s mother’s side of the family) has deep roots into the nobility of Europe but their modern fortune was made through the opium trade.  Kind of similar to the Kennedy family that made its fortune dealing in bootleg alcohol during prohibition.   We do not call these secret because their dealings are known and recorded as history.  All that I did is make note that I cannot find any legal efforts to end the drug cartel of which the Delano’s were known to have been involved that ruined China.

I will make this a little easier – Google “opium trade and the Delano family”.  Anyone can read how Warren Delano Jr. (the grandfather of Franklin) made a fortune as a drug cartel main pin player trading opium in China.   I doubt you will encounter these tidbits of history at a typical “liberal” university – never-the-less this is part of recorded history – and is not some crazy conspiracy theory.

The Traveler

There's a big difference between having the simple facts of the war laid out versus assigning your own meaning to the events.  For example - "a group of 20 figured out a way to take the Gold out of China" is assigning your own meaning to events.  First of all, China was trading silver.  Delano made a fortune, yes.  And so did a lot of others - the British, the Dutch, etc.  There's nothing secret about that!

And no, I didn't learn my history in a typical "liberal" university.  You know we're still fighting a drug war with the Chinese today!  No secret gang of 20  non-Chinese or whatever in sight.  Lots of Chinese kingpins though.

Edited by anatess2

9 minutes ago, person0 said:

The Book of Mormon stories about the Gadianton Robbers were written for our day.  There is no doubt in my mind that secret societies exist at all levels of government.

And out of government.  And the same attitudes exist as were expressed in the letters written by the leaders of the Gadianton Robbers.

19 hours ago, Carborendum said:

Bono's experience matches my worldview.  Nations all have three things - a military, an economy, and politicians.  If you're missing one, you're not a nation, you're part of someone else's nation.  These three entities will have various amounts of power relative to one another.  The power elites in each entity will seek to increase the power of their entity, sometimes by working together and making deals with the other two, sometimes at the expense of another entity.  

But to Bono's point, each entity is made up of groups of people, each one vying with their neighbor to increase their own personal power.  Alliances and coalitions and group projects come and go like waves lapping against the beach.  They stand unified and as one, against any opposing forces like other entities.  They'll stand with the other entities against any opposing forces like other nations, or grassroot movements that threaten their power. 

Individuals and groups following the two great luciferian commandments: Thou shalt gain power, thou shalt increase thy power.  This explains 95% of world news.  As well as the issue in the OP.  No dramatic music or melodrama about hidden shadow governments necessary.

Edited by NeuroTypical

1 hour ago, anatess2 said:

There's a big difference between having the simple facts of the war laid out versus assigning your own meaning to the events.  For example - "a group of 20 figured out a way to take the Gold out of China" is assigning your own meaning to events.  First of all, China was trading silver.  Delano made a fortune, yes.  And so did a lot of others - the British, the Dutch, etc.  There's nothing secret about that!

And no, I didn't learn my history in a typical "liberal" university.  You know we're still fighting a drug war with the Chinese today!  No secret gang of 20  non-Chinese or whatever in sight.  Lots of Chinese kingpins though.

Are you asserting that Warren Delano Jr. never was any part of the opium trade with China?  Did Warren Delano Jr ever make any public statements (that you are aware of from your studies of history) about the morality of opium trading and his involvement with such trade?

The statement I made is that there is historical evidence that the grandfather of Franklin D. Roosevelt trafficked illegal drugs in China – and was never legally prohibited for his unlawful activities in Europe or the USA.  I also stated that I have not found any historical evidence that the organization that profited and made him money in the drug trade was ever disbanded or closed down.

I will ask you directly @anatess2.  First if I have misrepresented any historical fact?  If so please say exactly what fact.  Secondly – you have stated that we are currently fighting a drug war with China.  – I would like to know how your know that China is our single most important nemesis in this drug war and that the opium “connections” established by that organization Warren Delano Jr used is not at all connected (in any way) with opium problems (epidemic) currently occurring in the USA?

The Traveler

Edited by Traveler

• pam unfeatured this topic