The Man Shack


Overwatch
 Share

Recommended Posts

I am starting this thread for any men out there who need male friends to talk about sensitive/emotional problems OR anything else. As dudes we may throw in jokes but will make sure that you know you are loved and we got your back. If something crazy comes up then we can ultimately agree to disagree then start a different discussion to keep the help AND fun going.

Edited by Overwatch
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I noticed that we can't talk about sexual things (even if for self help) but I have seen a ton of articles on different stuff since that message was put out.  Am I allowed to post topics addressing, frequent, men issues like porn and beatin your meat? 

Thanks.

*and of course I would be objective to actually helping guys

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, unixknight said:

Ribs.  It's the item least likely to get ruined by an inexperienced cook.

It's funny because that is the item was going to buy if I chose it. I make a mean tenderloin. 

I like these preps:

https://youtu.be/TE2omM_NoXU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwu2y9x5OlM

Sooo Good.

I'll add pics of what I get or make this weekend

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Overwatch said:

Wait... what?  Why am I being tagged in this thread?

 

 

13 hours ago, Overwatch said:

I noticed that we can't talk about sexual things (even if for self help) but I have seen a ton of articles on different stuff since that message was put out.  Am I allowed to post topics addressing, frequent, men issues like porn and beatin your meat? 

Thanks.

*and of course I would be objective to actually helping guys

We can talk about sexual things... to a point.   We simply have to remember that this is a public all ages forum.   And that is what puts a damper on more graphic aspects of said discussion

 

11 hours ago, Overwatch said:

Hey what do you guys think. I am going to a get together this weekend. What should I take? These are my options

- Moist Brisket

- Ribs

- Tenderloin (entire loin)

 

You might think me weird but until recently I have never had Brisket.  Then two different brother-in-laws got smokers and made some... and made me a convert.

And I will go against the grain and say I am not a fan of ribs... the bone to meat ratio is simply to high for me.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Grunt said:

He obviously recognized that you have serious mommy issues he believes he can help you with.  Just let it all out.

And there is the

 

14 hours ago, Overwatch said:

As dudes we may throw in jokes

So well played @Grunt  :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, estradling75 said:

Wait... what?  Why am I being tagged in this thread?

 

 

We can talk about sexual things... to a point.   We simply have to remember that this is a public all ages forum.   And that is what puts a damper on more graphic aspects of said discussion

 

 

You might think me weird but until recently I have never had Brisket.  Then two different brother-in-laws got smokers and made some... and made me a convert.

And I will go against the grain and say I am not a fan of ribs... the bone to meat ratio is simply to high for me.

 

Okay. Thanks.

 

*Right? Brisket is amazing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Since we're talking grilling, my question is this:

Gas or charcoal?

I'm a charcoal man myself, but I'm not too stubborn to see that for some recipes, gas is better (like a grilled pork tenderloin recipe I got from Alton Brown once.  Mmmmmmmm)

And in keeping with the main point of the thread... No, my dad is a terrible grill man but it would have been an awesome thing to bond over.  We love each other very much of course, but have absolutely nothing in common other than genes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, unixknight said:

Since we're talking grilling, my question is this:

Gas or charcoal?

I'm a charcoal man myself, but I'm not too stubborn to see that for some recipes, gas is better (like a grilled pork tenderloin recipe I got from Alton Brown once.  Mmmmmmmm)

And in keeping with the main point of the thread... No, my dad is a terrible grill man but it would have been an awesome thing to bond over.  We love each other very much of course, but have absolutely nothing in common other than genes.

I think either is fine. Smoked meats are pretty good too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, unixknight said:

Gas or charcoal?

My goal is to have a camping trailer.  Should that happen, it would be gas.  Run off the exterior hookups so I don't dirty up the inside of the trailer.  Under an awning.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, unixknight said:

We love each other very much of course, but have absolutely nothing in common other than genes. 

That Sucks. I hated not having a good parental Male figure (blood) to hang out with. I can only imagine having your Dad there and not even having anything in common.

Totally remember feeling awkward going camping with my buds and their Dads. They always looked so happy to be hanging out with their old men. I was happy for them but always felt like the ugly duckling in a way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Overwatch said:

That Sucks. I hated not having a good parental Male figure (blood) to hang out with. I can only imagine having your Dad there and not even having anything in common.

Totally remember feeling awkward going camping with my buds and their Dads. They always looked so happy to be hanging out with their old men. I was happy for them but always felt like the ugly duckling in a way.

Yeah man.  The thing is, my dad loved being a dad and wanted to do stuff together.  The problem was that we wanted different pastimes.  My dad loved soccer and family gatherings, while I'm into motorsports and am an introvert.  He liked to spend his evenings watching sports and I was building models and programming computers.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, unixknight said:

Yeah man.  The thing is, my dad loved being a dad and wanted to do stuff together.  The problem was that we wanted different pastimes.  My dad loved soccer and family gatherings, while I'm into motorsports and am an introvert.  He liked to spend his evenings watching sports and I was building models and programming computers.  

I built a gaming computer with a colleague of mine. I really like my Titan X Pascal XD It was kind of a waste though, as I quit all my games this year.

Getting ready to move and go back to University.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Overwatch said:

Hey what do you guys think. I am going to a get together this weekend. What should I take? These are my options

- Moist Brisket

- Ribs

- Tenderloin (entire loin)

I'm a pescatarian can't remember the last time I ate any of that food 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share