How important is what we did in high school? Kavanaugh accusation

carlimac

1 minute ago, The Folk Prophet said:

I was going to say something snippy like, "That worked out really well Joseph Smith." but then I thought it might be taken seriously instead of entirely flippantly like I thought it.

I don't entirely disagree. But the rain falls on the righteous and the wicked...and so forth.

Regardless when you're in the arena of SCOTUS nominations or Romney-in' it...well then.... Or in other words, if you're fighting in cage-matches you're running the risk of getting kicked in the jimmy an awful lot more than if you're just walking down the street.

You can call me naive again.  But I really believe that if Romney had gotten closer to being elected, then an accusation like this would never have even been taken up by anyone but the most hardened feminist.  And the public in general would never have believed it.

Edited by Guest

Just now, Carborendum said:

You can call me naive again.  But I really believe that if Romney had gotten closer to being elected, then an accusation like this would never have even been taken up by anyone but the most hardened feminist.

When Romney was running...probably true. If he were running now..... ????

On 9/21/2018 at 8:48 PM, anatess2 said:

And Keith Ellison and Corey Booker and...

I wonder where the justice is for the women who actually have evidence against these men?

I gritted my teeth when Sen. Booker had the audacity to talk about sexual assault to Judge K.

10 hours ago, Carborendum said:

Yes, it's just a dream.  He does, in fact, drink.  But what if he never did?  Wouldn't that be proof against such an accusation?  That's how living a virtuous life can protect you from an evil accusation.

Not quite.  If he's a guy who never drank, his classmates would know it and the accusation will not involve drinking.  If you can accuse a virgin of running a sex train and have people believe it, you can do anything.

9 hours ago, Carborendum said:

You can call me naive again.  But I really believe that if Romney had gotten closer to being elected, then an accusation like this would never have even been taken up by anyone but the most hardened feminist.  And the public in general would never have believed it.

Kavanaugh is the Mitt Romney of Catholics.  Nobody is immune.

When Romney was running, the theme song for the Dems was "equality" and of course abortion because that's the feminist staple.  So, guess what stuck to Romney - "the binder full of women" and the "he's going to ban contraception".  And yes, they stuck.

And speaking of abortion... all these women protesting Kavanaugh, 70 of them arrested just on day 1 of the hearings, plus more descending on the capitol, are all protesting for the right to kill fetuses.

10 hours ago, Just_A_Guy said:

I’m going to volunteer as one anecdotal example of a counterpoint.  I don’t doubt that when Kavanaugh has (and had, during his high school days) his full faculties about him, he was the soul of respect.  

It’s the drinking allegations that in my mind give Ford a bit more credibility.

And here's the scary part.  The accuser can be the most reprobrate of people and drunk as a skunk... doesn't matter.  Because the man got drunk.

In today's world, if the girl is drunk, the guy raped the girl even when it was consensual.  If the guy is drunk, the guy still raped the girl even if she wasn't drunk.

And abortion has to be legal without any provisions even up to 1 minute before the baby is born because men are rapists.

Edited by anatess2

This is a post from a friend of mine’s mother, Janalee Tobias, who was subject to a somewhat similar situation as Kavanaugh. She shares her experience with facing false sexual accusations due to political competition.

EFE7F6DE-3480-4F2E-9894-C3BFBFF52BB9.png

1751E946-0E86-4D19-82B3-FD12AE0AA945.png

Edited by Fether

8 hours ago, Lindy said:

I wonder where the justice is for the women who actually have evidence against these men?

I gritted my teeth when Sen. Booker had the audacity to talk about sexual assault to Judge K.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/36389/bill-clinton-rape-accuser-juanita-broaddrick-joseph-curl?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=102516-podcast&utm_campaign=beingconservative

25 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

@Fether

/s (for those who don’t know, that means sarcasm)

8FE90C2B-39F0-49CB-96D5-CB6C4E7A5845.thumb.jpeg.caec0a820ff2eb794b42d1fa96b42edc.jpeg

(Seen online, years ago):

There are two types of women in this world:  Lifetime Channel women, and Hallmark Channel women.  Flee from the first type.  Marry the second type.  

38 minutes ago, Fether said:

This is a post from a friend of mine’s mother, Janalee Tobias, who was subject to a somewhat similar situation as Kavanaugh. She shares her experience with facing false sexual accusations due to political competition.

There has to be a special kind of hell for people who do what she describes.  Most of the time, I'm in favor of mercy, but if what she posted is correct, I'm in favor of God's vengeance for those people.

Edited by zil

I have often wondered as I have read the Book of Mormon how it was that peaceful people could be so caught up by Satan that within just a few years they would turn for civility and take up arms against each other.  I see the table being set for riots and blood being split.  And when this vigilance takes your spouse or child - what will you do?  Take up arms yourself in vengeance or flee to Zion?

The Traveler

6 minutes ago, carlimac said:

You Go Lady- whoever you are!!! She seemed like milktoast yesterday but she's the bomb!   http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/09/28/prosecutor-tells-wavering-senators-wouldnt-charge-kavanaugh-as-vote-looms.html

She was instructed by the Kavanaugh team that she can't be aggressive against Ford to avoid the "victim getting bullied" optics that the Ford team were aiming for.

@carlimac, okay, so Mark Dice is a guy who likes to attack the mainstream media, specifically CNN and MSNBC, of propaganda.  I'm going to share this video not because of Dice's opinion of MSM but because it is a perfect example of how public perception is manipulated.  In the entire Kavanaugh hearing, there are 2 soundbites that are the most powerful in Kavanaugh's defense - his opening statement and Lindsey Graham's interview.  This video shows Graham's interview and how MSM spun it to shape public perception:

21 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

She was instructed by the Kavanaugh team that she can't be aggressive against Ford to avoid the "victim getting bullied" optics that the Ford team were aiming for.

I could see that. She was sweet toward her. That's OK. Obviously Ford has some issues. I actually feel sorry for her because  I've had emotional issues, too.  It's awful to go through. The more I listened to her testimony the more I could tell she had no experience in subterfuge and was being used by the Dems.  I imagined a collective cringe among the Dem senators when she said she took the polygraph on the day of her grandmother's funeral and just before she caught a flight. I don't know much about polygraph tests but that seems like the absolute worst time and setting to take one if she's actually afraid to fly. 😜

11 minutes ago, carlimac said:

I could see that. She was sweet toward her. That's OK. Obviously Ford has some issues. I actually feel sorry for her because  I've had emotional issues, too.  It's awful to go through. The more I listened to her testimony the more I could tell she had no experience in subterfuge and was being used by the Dems.  I imagined a collective cringe among the Dem senators when she said she took the polygraph on the day of her grandmother's funeral and just before she caught a flight. I don't know much about polygraph tests but that seems like the absolute worst time and setting to take one if she's actually afraid to fly. 😜

This was the part that was indefensible.  She couldn't remember who paid for the polygraph - a dead giveaway that it was somebody she doesn't want to name, so that would be the Dems.  She said she cried all throughout the polygraph - if you're crying through a polygraph test, you can't get an accurate test and a reasonable polygraph examiner will need to reschedule it.  She flew to get the polygraph.  That was important enough to fly for but a DC hearing to hear your testimony that required that polygraph is not important enough to fly for.

Just lots and lots of holes in that interview.

Kavanaugh told the Senate that DiFi lobbed that allegation at the last minute to derail a Senate confirmation not just without Ford's consent but against Ford's wish to remain anonymous and that just like him, Ford is a victim of the Dem's political sabotage.

My son, whose opinion I listen to closely, said that he was convinced Ford believed her own story and was sincere. He also believed that she was emotionally and probably mentally imbalanced, and that whatever happened to her, it probably did not involve Kavanaugh. Of course, there is no reason to listen to the anonymous son of some anonymous guy on the internet. But I listen to him, and I think he discerns the truth more often than not.