Sign in to follow this  
Backroads

Kyle Rittenhouse

13 hours ago, mirkwood said:

Will you be charged?  Not necessarily.  I have been to self defense shootings numerous times over the years and no charges were filed.  Will you be investigated/questioned.  Well duh.  Answer honestly.  Co-operate, it makes everyone's life easier.

My only potential quibble might be this part.  I think it’s still accurate in 70-80% of cases.  But notwithstanding that nearly all cops are stand-up guys, I think we can all guess what the Kenosha DA would have done with any statement Rittenhouse had offered; and the proportion of prosecutors who believe it is your civic duty to let yourself be brutalized whenever a progressive thinks you deserve, it is only going to increase.

Be involved in your community, know who your DA is, be aware of their political leanings and ambitions, and get ready to exercise your right to silence.

24 minutes ago, Just_A_Guy said:

proportion of prosecutors who believe it is your civic duty to let yourself be brutalized whenever a progressive thinks you deserve, it is only going to increase.

It's interesting to think of. Growing up you tend to think of prosecutors as the good guys, seeking out truth, justice, and putting bad guys away. When you grow up you begin to realize that they care much more about their careers and embracing the latest social justice causes than juvenile platitudes like “justice”.

Edited by LDSGator