Quick response requested

Hi all

A few minutes ago my wife watched something that contained a still not moving, picture of President Nelson, with a voice over of President Nelson, announcing that Sunday church meetings would be reduced to one hour. I suspect its a fake but I'm not sure. Has anyone else heard anything about this?

President Nelson and the prophets before him have warned us about this:

"...in coming days, it will not be possible to survive spiritually without the guiding, directing, comforting, and constant influence of the Holy Ghost." -https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/general-conference/2018/04/revelation-for-the-church-revelation-for-our-lives?lang=eng 

"In February of 1847 the Prophet Joseph Smith appeared to Brigham Young in a dream or vision. President Young asked the Prophet if he had a message for the Brethren. The Prophet Joseph replied: “Tell the people to be humble and faithful, and be sure to keep the spirit of the Lord and it will lead them right. Be careful and not turn away the small still voice; it will teach them what to do and where to go; it will yield the fruits of the kingdom” (see Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Brigham Young [1997], 41; emphasis added)." -https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/general-conference/2006/04/that-we-may-always-have-his-spirit-to-be-with-us?lang=eng

The time will come that the only way we will be able to tell what is real is by revelation and inspiration of the spirit. I always follow the rule that if it makes me mad or fearful then it is not from God. We must learn to not react, but to respond appropriately. 

No really folks - view this through whatever lens of outrage or faith or anxiety or apathy you wish - but understand that it's here.  The technology has made it easy for trolling teenagers to produce such things for free, and it'll only get easier and more widespread as time goes on.  The quality will only improve.

I'm thinking the secret is to not waste energy getting offended or defensive about it, but to spend that energy staying informed and gaining/maintaining the skills necessary to navigate such a world.

Healthy skepticism and common sense has never been more valuable.  And by 'common sense', I mean the sound and valuable principles espoused by this guy: