What’s the last movie you watched?

Connie

Age of Adeline

Another movie that the Rotten Tomatoes reviewers clearly did not actually watch or did not understand. My husband was the one who actually wanted to see it, and no not because of Blake Lively. I was expecting a pretty film that was watchable but devoid of depth, but it greatly exceeded those expectations. 

Exodus (something) with Christian Bale

Rented on Redbox and enjoyed most of it, unfortunately, I fell asleep before it finished - not because it was boring, I was medicated lol. Hubby quite liked it from start to finish, though. I'll need to watch it again for myself and see how it ends. But the acting was good, to no surprise, and the cinematography was quite lovely, too.

I very much enjoyed 'The Great Train Robbery' (2013)  on Netflix. It's a 2 part look at the robbery, part 1 being the robbers and part 2 the police. Slick and with a great feel of the 1960's. Each group is shown doing their job, whether it be crime or catching criminals.

Also watched 'The Taking of Pelham One, Two, Three' (2009). I love the older version, but this updated version is good too. It is very close to the original, but with some updated differences, especially the character of Garber.

If you're familiar with the older version with  Walter Mathou as Garber, you'll love seeing the difference in subway technology between the two.

Secret aircraft of WWII:
covers some experimental or prototypes that didn't make it into the war, or were just on the verge of entering.

allied:

This one had a spot on the flying pancake, and the iceburg supercarrrier :D

German:

russian:

Brother Bear.

This is an old movie but I'd never seen it. Watched it last night with my husband and daughter and everyone enjoyed it. I don't think the musical numbers were memorable at all but the story was well told and had a wonderful message. The ending gave me a few tears :) Great family movie.

Coming to America.

One of my favorites growing up. I was shocked. It showed naked breasts in the first 10 minutes... THEY WERE NOT IN THE MOVIE I SAW IN THE PHILIPPINES! And there were f-words all over the place. This wonderful movie is ruined for me.

Coming to America.

One of my favorites growing up. I was shocked. It showed naked breasts in the first 10 minutes... THEY WERE NOT IN THE MOVIE I SAW IN THE PHILIPPINES! And there were f-words all over the place. This wonderful movie is ruined for me.

I felt a little like that when I re-viewed 'Dead Again' (1991)recently. On first seeing it, I was impressed with the way it combined a detective story, supernatural elements and an 'old movie' feel. Alas, the experience has become much more threadbare the second time. It still looks good, but certainly doesn't fit like the first time. Of course, perhaps that was what Kenneth Branagh intended all along-I still haven't heard his commentary included on the disc. 

Also, I had forgotten how annoying the Robins Williams character was and as far as the language goes, if every swear word was a pothole, this would've been '7 miles of bad road'...

We're seeing Avengers in the morning. DH's parents are treating us and his brother & wife to a double date. :)

I just watched a newer Bollywood film on Netflix called Queen. I loved it. 

Theory of Everything

Okay, Redmayne's Oscar was well deserved. This was a very well acted movie. This was more a love story than physics and doesn't really focus on detailing aspects of Hawking's life... rather it gives broad views of general concepts - God, universe, love, service, family, etc.

I just saw this movie and I agree. Radmayne's acting was excellent. Everything else was meh. I left thinking I watched an unemotional love story. If you want to see a Hawking show watch A Brief History of Time.

• pam featured this topic
  • pam unfeatured this topic