What’s the last movie you watched?

Connie

Just went through a movie marathon.

1.) Can't remember the title of this movie with the actor for Captain America on the phone with Kim Bassinger. It was pretty dumb.

2.) The Hobbit 1. I still get a kick out of the flying plates.

3.) The Notebook. Still good after the nth showing.

4.) Some wierd movie with the actress for Hermoine speaking with an American accent. I didn't last too long on this movie before I went looking for something else.

5.) Mr. and Mrs. Smith. Blah.

^

I thought Mr. & Mrs. Smith was cute. I haven't watched it recently but it always gives me a chuckle.

Been doing back to back How To Train Your Dragon and The Lorax, one after the other, over and over again. My two-year old is fascinated by dragons and the furry little peanut guy. We will probably watch it again today, both, several times again too.

1.) Can't remember the title of this movie with the actor for Captain America on the phone with Kim Bassinger. It was pretty dumb.

Cellular. Dumb yes, but a good "have it on in the background for noise while you do something else in the same room" kind of movie.

4.) Some wierd movie with the actress for Hermoine speaking with an American accent. I didn't last too long on this movie before I went looking for something else.

The Perks of Being a Wallflower. Loved it.

5.) Mr. and Mrs. Smith. Blah.

Oh, come on! It's a fun movie!

I'm with you guys on all three of those. They were pretty dang awful. I would say that Pacific Rim was just flat out TERRIBLE ACTING despite all that money spent on pretty awesome CGI.

Yeah, the CGI was good, but that's all it had for me (well and Idris Elba). Dravin explained the anime perspective of that movie and if you're into anime I can understand why you would enjoy Pacific Rim. I'm not into anime....

Saw the Hobbit. Have to admit I nodded out a bit at the beginning (not a good sign), but the last 45 minutes or so were good. I will wait for it to come on cable and see it a few times again. Loved seeing Jackson's kids tho; too cute.

I haven't read The Hobbit in a while, so my memory is hazy, but I kept looking at scenes and trying to remember if they were in the book. Too much brain power to have to use just to watch a movie.

Smaug was good and ugly. Nothing cute about him, which agrees with what I've been reading about depictions of dragons in Christian theology, literature.

btw - Apparently I am now old enough to qualify for the senior discount. I think that's one of those 'good news/bad news' things.

Yeah, the CGI was good, but that's all it had for me (well and Idris Elba). Dravin explained the anime perspective of that movie and if you're into anime I can understand why you would enjoy Pacific Rim. I'm not into anime....

I'm not into anime but I have a sibling that is, and into comic books, and all that jazz. I don't know anything else about Pacific Rim other than what was played out in Pacific Rim the movie.

A Christmas Story. Only the seventeen zillionth time watching it. Curiously, I probably laughed as much during this viewing as any other. Shows the power of a cleverly written and well-directed movie that laughs at its characters even as it loves them enough not to make buffoons out of them.

47 Ronin. Waste of money. It was so bad I fell asleep in the theater.

Walter Mitty. This was a much better movie than Ronin but still, there's something about it that just didn't meld with me. I wasn't able to relate to the Mitty character - is he supposed to be this ordinary guy caught in an extraordinary adventure? Or is he an extraordinary guy that was repressed by day dreaming? Or something... It seems like there's something funny when I'm supposed to feel emotional about Mitty or emotional when I'm wanting to laugh... yeah, there was something off and I can't quite put my finger on it.

Frozen. Again. This was a much better experience than the last time because I went with a whole slew of little girls! When the "Let It Go" song came on, all the girls, including those who were seated infront and behind us, broke into song! It was super cool! LOL.

Star Trek Into Darkness. Going to see Desolation of Smaug later today.

After Frozen, we sat in Smaug while waiting for the next movie and we got lucky because it was the barrel scene. I watched it again paying attention to details this time but I got so caught up in the fun of it, I just have to sit back and just enjoy it. It was really good we were almost late to the next show!

• pam featured this topic
  • pam unfeatured this topic