The "No one appreciated my great joke!" whining metathread

Vort

Here's one, in connection with the "I'm Irish...Free Kisses" thread.

This should have received at least 3 laugh clicks. Also, notice the emoticon for LOL right at the end of the post signifying people should be laughing...but no clicks.

I didn't read that thread before but I thought it was funny..... would you like me to laugh at it now?

But then it could just be that I'm in an odd mood. I laughed till I cried at something my kids did a few hrs ago and I'm still cracking up when I think about it. lol

my stats are all wrong as well, even thou i havnt been around 4 a few yrs I started in here yrs ago I believe BenRaines and I started the same time. Late 90's. we had chat then it was great. Miss the good old days met so many nice people I still keep n touch with a few. But I've also meet so many new ones in here as well. thou i was never one to go to the forums it was to complicated for me haha. Remember me on webtv rflol

my stats are all wrong as well, even thou i havnt been around 4 a few yrs I started in here yrs ago I believe BenRaines and I started the same time. Late 90's. we had chat then it was great. Miss the good old days met so many nice people I still keep n touch with a few. But I've also meet so many new ones in here as well. thou i was never one to go to the forums it was to complicated for me haha. Remember me on webtv rflol

I remember you on webtv but the majority would not. Late 90's it was a different site called ldstalk.

Look at my stats. Mine are reversed. Seriously no one thinks I am funny!! I have to go find some good jokes now. hmmm. Darn you, Vort!

I laugh at your posts all the time. The problem is, I assume you are trying to be serious, so laughing at your posts publicly on the forums would be deemed inappropriate.

As for people not laughing at funny stuff I write, I know it happens, but I usually forget what I wrote on a thread unless I'm really involved in the discussion, or with a specific person within that discussion.

So the question could then become, when have people not laughed at funny stuff I wrote, then further, does it count if I don't remember writing it?

I laugh at your posts all the time. The problem is, I assume you are trying to be serious, so laughing at your posts publicly on the forums would be deemed inappropriate.

Oh that is mean!! Its ok though cuz I laugh at yours a lot too. Not sure I dont hit the laugh button though!! oops maybe I shouldnt have said that. hmm oh well.

But you LOVE me. :lol:

Jury's still out, but then I'm in a bad mood today so I may not mean it when I say the jury's still out although if I was in a good mood, the jury would be in and who knows what they would say anyway because this is California and we're all nuts :huh:

I finally found mine.

Who's going to argue with the 70-year old Catholic nun looking at this Pentecostal preacher boy (then 34) and saying (location was the federal prison hospital in MO): "You belong here!" :cool:

Granted it was a serious topic. But still...kinda funny, no? (see the string about God's plans for our lives, post #7: http://www.lds.net/forums/lds-gospel-discussion/53035-god-has-plan-you.html)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So far, Vort's thread has done a good job of raising awareness of unappreciated quips. It's done so well, that no one has felt the need to whine for 2 months already. Well, I hate to be that guy (not really, I'm posting aren't I), but c'mon - this was good (even if awkwardly worded):

http://www.lds.net/forums/general-discussion/54404-heres-what-i-learned-today-helped-me-cooler-2.html#post758790

So far, Vort's thread has done a good job of raising awareness of unappreciated quips. It's done so well, that no one has felt the need to whine for 2 months already. Well, I hate to be that guy (not really, I'm posting aren't I), but c'mon - this was good (even if awkwardly worded):

http://www.lds.net/forums/general-discussion/54404-heres-what-i-learned-today-helped-me-cooler-2.html#post758790

Um,... sorry, it didn't "CAPTCHA" my attention at the time, but I did see my breath just now! :P

Guest Shu1ma3ker
Posted (edited) · Hidden
Hidden

You are also welcome to offer feedback, constructive or otherwise, concerning the referenced posts. (But be nice.)Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Shu1ma3ker